IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

The only realistic element of this image is their travel service leaving the stadium for another awayday. Two coaches and a car, spot on.....

And one of those coaches is the team coach.

• Haha 2

I saw on the local news this morning that due to the Period Poverty scheme they are providing free female hygiene products in the ladies loos for those who need them.

This seems to be big news for them. Just wanted to add, for those of you who don’t frequent the ladies loos at Ashton Gate, that our club has been doing this for ages, last season at least. Once again the Gas are miles behind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Red DNA said:

Even the local BBC website are having a go at the poor old Sags, headline news on the app is them being beaten by the mighty Barnet.

This replay match actually took place on Wednesday 21st November?

Maybe I’m caught in some sort of Groundhog Day void? 

I bet any time now City will go on an 11 game unbeaten run, even winning our away game at Forest...

Don't talk daft !

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

I saw on the local news this morning that due to the Period Poverty scheme they are providing free female hygiene products in the ladies loos for those who need them.

This seems to be big news for them. Just wanted to add, for those of you who don’t frequent the ladies loos at Ashton Gate, that our club has been doing this for ages, last season at least. Once again the Gas are miles behind.

So what you're saying, if I understand correctly, is that they are - late, period.

• Haha 7

Martin O'Neill; 

Former European Cup Winner, former manager of Norwich, Leicester, Celtic, Villa and the Republic of Ireland.                                                                                        New Manager of Nottingham Forest , 18 month contract.

Paul Scholes;

Former Champions League, Premier League, and FA Cup winner. Former England international.                                                                                                                       About to be offered 18 month contract as new manager of Oldham

Graham Cocklan;

Former lower league clogger. Fake Oirish accent. No managerial experience. Willing to work for next to nothing.                                                                                        New Bristol Rovers manager on a two and a half year contract.

:gasmask: ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Royston Red said:

The survey dosn't tell you though that most of the 'no' and 'depends' voters think they will be in the Championship next season.

Don't forget, "They are coming for us"....?

All they think that they have to do is buy a Championship quality striker for around £300K and we know that there are loads of those to be found. Well we found one ...

image.jpeg.4b957820515b071b7962409faa22d65d.jpeg

3 hours ago, RedM said:

You would think with the number of C U Next Tuesdays in attendance every week, they would have been all over this years ago

• Haha 1

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Nick Wilde said:

I’ve just been speaking to a gas head at work and he said he would rather Rovers go down and us not get promoted than them stay up and we get promoted this season. 

EXACTLY what was said to me yesterday too, and the fan was trying to say they are more loyal fans than us - he did recognise that their club is a shambles though 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Wilde said:

I’ve just been speaking to a gas head at work and he said he would rather Rovers go down and us not get promoted than them stay up and we get promoted this season. 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

EXACTLY what was said to me yesterday too, and the fan was trying to say they are more loyal fans than us - he did recognise that their club is a shambles though 

Just imagine for a minute that both of their nightmares occur. I honestly think that League 2 football will be almost unsustainable for them if we were to make it the Premier League.

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Martin O'Neill; 

Former European Cup Winner, former manager of Norwich, Leicester, Celtic, Villa and the Republic of Ireland.                                                                                        New Manager of Nottingham Forest , 18 month contract.

Paul Scholes;

Former Champions League, Premier League, and FA Cup winner. Former England international.                                                                                                                       About to be offered 18 month contract as new manager of Oldham

Graham Cocklan;

Former lower league clogger. Fake Oirish accent. No managerial experience. Willing to work for next to nothing.                                                                                        New Bristol Rovers manager on a two and a half year contract.

:gasmask: ?

That’s given me a warm feeling inside?

12 minutes ago, Nick Wilde said:

Sums those ***** up perfectly . Just the idiot who said to me he’d rather have terracing stay in the lower leagues. Small club tin pot mentality . Rather drag us down than progress themselves. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just imagine for a minute that both of their nightmares occur. I honestly think that League 2 football will be almost unsustainable for them if we were to make it the Premier League.

Chatting to one of the more engaged Fewers on the weekend, he has a terrible time trying to get his kids to go to games with him.

Part of the problem is that most nights of the week, there is top flight uk/European football on the telly, and watching lower league stuff is crap in comparison, and equally the environment they are having to watch games in doesn't make for an enjoyable match day experience.

His kids would rather go and watch the Flyers.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

All they think that they have to do is buy a Championship quality striker for around £300K and we know that there are loads of those to be found. Well we found one ...

image.jpeg.4b957820515b071b7962409faa22d65d.jpeg

Rudolf - That is a £10M/ "silly money" striker - Darrell Clarke and the fewers said so!

BTW does anyone else feel that until they day we bought him they may not have been "coming for us" but did seem to be on an somewhat upward trajectory (generally speaking). Since that day though they have sold many of their assets for a pittance and without investment they seem to be headed for relegation and potentially admin.:fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

Rudolf - That is a £10M/ "silly money" striker - Darrell Clarke and the fewers said so!

BTW does anyone else feel that until they day we bought him they may not have been "coming for us" but did seem to be on an somewhat upward trajectory (generally speaking). Since that day though they have sold many of their assets for a pittance and without investment they seem to be headed for relegation and potentially admin.:fingerscrossed:

You mean that we were the straw that broke Wael Al Qadi's camel?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

You mean that we were the straw that broke Wael Al Qadi's camel?

Kind of, yes

I think if it does transpire in future that the Taylor transfer was the straw that broke the camels back then Steve Lansdown should be given a Knighthood for services to football and the Bristol community? 

• Like 2

singupgas
Club Legend

singupgas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 951 posts
3 hours ago albaron likes this
Post Options

Post by singupgas on 3 hours ago

The lack of activity is poor, the board should be pulling out all the stops to prevent us being relegated but i dont think they care. It has been going on for too long now, if we are relegated Wael and Co better be prepared for some harsh words directed towards them.

strong stuff from the north!
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:
singupgas
Club Legend

singupgas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 951 posts
3 hours ago albaron likes this
Post Options

Post by singupgas on 3 hours ago

The lack of activity is poor, the board should be pulling out all the stops to prevent us being relegated but i dont think they care. It has been going on for too long now, if we are relegated Wael and Co better be prepared for some harsh words directed towards them.

strong stuff from the north!

Harsh words, is that all!?

Throw in some finger wagging at least!

• Haha 1

Two horse race for title with Bristol Rovers among favourites to go down - latest League One odds

Even the Bristol Post are taking the piss now ... horses and relegation in one headline! That will bring back a few memories for them.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/two-horse-race-title-bristol-2451744

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4