IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Just in case you need to start your day with a smile ...

"Quite often think how I would spend say, £100M from a big euromillions jackpot.

I wouldn’t want to run the club, because i could quite easy squander everything and as a fan I’d probably be dumb with the money.

I’d basically clear the debt, and build a ground. I’d name one stand, the safe standing one, after me. Or perhaps the ground would be the “Gregory Stevens stadium”. I’d like to be remembered for what I’d done for the club, but not really into running it.

Ideally I’d clear debt and build ground and ensure the ground is held in a trust for the club alone, and I’d also have a cheeky 5% stadium profits. Never going to pay me back but I least my relatives will benefit when I’m gone. And they’d have some kind of say in it too, having an interest.

I’d like to build it on the mem site. NCP could build a multi story to save space.

Some other things I would inisist on:

- smokers and vapers catered for with a proper covered area. Its no bother, and nice to treat fans like human beings.

- family stand miled from where the boisterous fans. So we can all have what we want at a game

- Family tickets to lower the cost for people with kids

- an urn filled with the ashes of our arsoned stand with a mural saying “Fire doesn’t stop gas” and a range of photos of city pitch invasions, vandalism and aggression so younger fans know about the past and don’t believe the Bristol sport “family club” posters.

- statues and pictures of key rovers legends on the way in. No nick higgs

- free entrance for disabled war veterans and holders of military honours

- a large safe standing terrace to lead the way in ground reform, and increase capacity

- an app based bar with rapid pint pulling. Limited options - 1 lager, 1 cider, coke and poss one real ale. Just order and pick up from a dude rapidly pulling pints. No cash.

- 2 types of steward. One “heavy mob” for sorting out trouble and ejecting people. One other type trained in customer service and there to help fans, sell tickets and improve the match day experience.

Just a few ideas. Any other rovers fantasies worth a chuckle about?"

Haha yea they are angels, I mean they have won the family/community club of the season award every year for the last 10 (since it was invented)

oh wait that’s was us, they can’t even win an award that 40 other clubs got last season

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Just in case you need to start your day with a smile ...

"Quite often think how I would spend say, £100M from a big euromillions jackpot.

I wouldn’t want to run the club, because i could quite easy squander everything and as a fan I’d probably be dumb with the money.

I’d basically clear the debt, and build a ground. I’d name one stand, the safe standing one, after me. Or perhaps the ground would be the “Gregory Stevens stadium”. I’d like to be remembered for what I’d done for the club, but not really into running it.

Ideally I’d clear debt and build ground and ensure the ground is held in a trust for the club alone, and I’d also have a cheeky 5% stadium profits. Never going to pay me back but I least my relatives will benefit when I’m gone. And they’d have some kind of say in it too, having an interest.

I’d like to build it on the mem site. NCP could build a multi story to save space.

Some other things I would inisist on:

- smokers and vapers catered for with a proper covered area. Its no bother, and nice to treat fans like human beings.

- family stand miled from where the boisterous fans. So we can all have what we want at a game

- Family tickets to lower the cost for people with kids

- an urn filled with the ashes of our arsoned stand with a mural saying “Fire doesn’t stop gas” and a range of photos of city pitch invasions, vandalism and aggression so younger fans know about the past and don’t believe the Bristol sport “family club” posters.

- statues and pictures of key rovers legends on the way in. No nick higgs

- free entrance for disabled war veterans and holders of military honours

- a large safe standing terrace to lead the way in ground reform, and increase capacity

- an app based bar with rapid pint pulling. Limited options - 1 lager, 1 cider, coke and poss one real ale. Just order and pick up from a dude rapidly pulling pints. No cash.

- 2 types of steward. One “heavy mob” for sorting out trouble and ejecting people. One other type trained in customer service and there to help fans, sell tickets and improve the match day experience.

Just a few ideas. Any other rovers fantasies worth a chuckle about?"

Always the victim. Perhaps they should go on Wolves forum like they did on Man City’s forum last season telling them how hard done by they are, seeking reassurance that they are loved by Wolves whilst pathetically begging them to put an end to City’s winning streak. 

They say that if we love our children we try to educate them not to make the same mistakes as we did in life.....with the exception of a Gashead who thrusts a blue and white quartered baby grow on to their child before they have had time to have the umbilical cord removed, condemning the poor child to a lifetime of soul destroying hoofball and paranoid delusions like that Sag *****.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Haha yea they are angels, I mean they have won the family/community club of the season award every year for the last 10 (since it was invented)

oh wait that’s was us, they can’t even win an award that 40 other clubs got last season

They hold the record in 2014 for the most banning orders of any club in the entire country. 

42 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Fire doesn’t stop Gas” ?

Cringe.

I thought they were suspected of starting the fire at Eastville? 

As for having pictures of City pitch invasions and aggression, maybe they should include pictures of Rovers fans ‘aggression’ so their younger fans know the truth about their own club? There’s plenty of examples. They could also include newspaper cuttings about ‘boob cricket’, attacking animals, throwing missiles at opposition mini buses and even programme notes from their own management having to tell them to stop being racist. 

Above an urn containing the ashes of their own self respect they could have a mural saying “He’s headbutted the window, the sp*z”.

• Haha 9

What sort of club gives a drug runner a job as stadium announcer?

Junior got his own back on him a few years later when he scored a goal in extra time at the mem and dumped them out the cup.

How mental are you when you think you got a chance of promotion, and your best signing is someone out the army for 600 pounds?

After 5 years they have finally woke up to the chairmen it seems.

10 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Fire doesn’t stop Gas” ?

Cringe.

I thought they were suspected of starting the fire at Eastville? 

As for having pictures of City pitch invasions and aggression, maybe they should include pictures of Rovers fans ‘aggression’ so their younger fans know the truth about their own club? There’s plenty of examples. They could also include newspaper cuttings about ‘boob cricket’, attacking animals, throwing missiles at opposition mini buses and even programme notes from their own management having to tell them to stop being racist. 

Above an urn containing the ashes of their own self respect they could have a mural saying “He’s headbutted the window, the sp*z”.

ta dah......

gas.jpeg.a71007f720809d31a0a1f507904345b8.jpeg

• Like 1

Perhaps NCP should just build a surface car park on the site of the Mem instead?

Their present 'family stand' can easily be un-pegged, lifted up, moved and pitched elsewhere if it's too near to boisterous fans. I'm sure that their potential future family supporters will be situated in a family stand miles away - in BS3.

Please tell me that somewhere there is a 15er who has gathered then has stored the ashes of the South Stand at Eastville (which burned down in 1980) for this very eventuality.

Rapidly pulling real ale? Hmm.

Thank you Gregory Stevens! Indeed a great start to the day. Lets club together and buy him a couple of lottery tickets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

What sort of club gives a drug runner a job as stadium announcer?

Junior got his own back on him a few years later when he scored a goal in extra time at the mem and dumped them out the cup.

How mental are you when you think you got a chance of promotion, and your best signing is someone out the army for 600 pounds?

After 5 years they have finally woke up to the chairmen it seems.

Some have woken up,

others are now blaming city and lansdown for all their woes,

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 09:05, Fiale said:

UWE_Stadium_Bristol_Rovers_Independent_Fans_Forum_-_2019-02-13_00.10.33.png

Oh dear oh dear! The level of paranoia here suggests a need for some sort of medical intervention. And the sense of entitlement beggars belief. If you want to get a better ground, become a better team, then get on and do something about it yourself, and deal with the obstacles. Just like SL did (the whole Village Green thing being one such example). Don't whine and expect everyone else to sort it out for you. And certainly don't expect another sporting set up in the vicinity to hold back on its ambitions.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Oh dear oh dear! The level of paranoia here suggests a need for some sort of medical intervention. And the sense of entitlement beggars belief. If you want to get a better ground, become a better team, then get on and do something about it yourself, and deal with the obstacles. Just like SL did (the whole Village Green thing being one such example). Don't whine and expect everyone else to sort it out for you. And certainly don't expect another sporting set up in the vicinity to hold back on its ambitions.

Can’t add anyomore reactions today but...very well said sir ?

Superb post.

Plenty of Sagheads need to read this and stop playing the pathetic, hard done by victims all the time.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, italian dave said:

They are getting on with it, it just so happens that after months of costly research every single site they are after is no longer available!! It is obviously true as they have even told the fans these facts......

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:52, Ska Junkie said:

IF we made the Prem, I can think of 200M reasons why we could just smile at the venting sags, even if we did go straight back down. 

I do like the fact that they're blaming a bloke who was on the UWE board when the fewers plan was agreed but wasn't on it when it was turfed out.

The problem is within r*vers saggies, not anywhere else, be it funding, Higgs agreeing a crap deal with UWE which WAQ didn't like etc etc. I gather that horse has truly bolted anyway so why torture yourselves? Nip up to Mount hill and look over the allotments and you can see, in the distance, what a real new stadium looks like. It's great for them that they can see the Gate from miles away in Hanham, if there are any gas eds left in Hanham. 

There are not many of them left around here. We have been working hard for a few years getting the kids down the gate. A couple left in deepest, darkest Hanham, but that's it.

I can see Ashton Gate from the house. Cheers me up no end getting up on a morning, pulling the curtains and seeing the stadium in the distance. Old girl opposite doesn't share my enthusiasm though and has complained to the police a couple of times, so I must remember to get dressed first.

• Haha 13

1 minute ago, Jim Davey said:

lockout  on tipping point apparently ,thinks his team are on the up 

My toddler has a sickness bug and so I’m home with Tipping Point on in the background. Cleaning up puke from the carpet is more entertaining, especially when a 15er is talking about the “dark days in the conference”

8 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

My toddler has a sickness bug and so I’m home with Tipping Point on in the background. Cleaning up puke from the carpet is more entertaining, especially when a 15er is talking about the “dark days in the conference”

it's a show for simpletons .

Bristol is Red,

The scum play in Quarters,

Shrewsbury’s injured player was attacked,

By their braindead supporters.

Gasheds are ugly,

Gasheads are smelly,

Their Valentine’s date,

is Babestation on telly.

Rovers are loathsome,

Worse even than Leeds,

When their fans act like d***s,

They blame it on Sheeds.

Our City is Red,

Precious few are Blue,

Irene’s a harlot an’

Wael’s a charlatan.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

The Sag bellend also had the following tough question - 

"Cured with salt, the meat from which animal is used to make bacon?"

Answer - "Cow".

I spat my tea out...

• Haha 8

30 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

There's a lockout  on tipping point tonight apparently ,thinks his team are on the up 

Dozy Zak the Thick Sag gets every question wrong but one, and still manages to skulk away with £2,350.

He may be dumb, but he's now twice as rich as Wally Wael.

They have a new saviour.  Will he buy them some more garden-chairs and another tent? Will that leave enough to sign another striker too?

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1