IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Look how that’s worked out for them ? one day the thick shits might just understand that you actually need real money to build such a thing.

I agree that they are deluded, at the time they thought they had a deal to provide that funding. What I thought I was high lighting was, their portrayal of something that wasn't actually true. Something which seems to run through the club, from top to bottom, and always has.

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Being from North Bristol I can confirm that only around 30% is odd the other 70% are city fans. Bradley Stoke is becoming a strong City area and when on tv the local pubs are rammed. Of  course they would not have you think that.

Pity those packing the pubs to watch us on tv don’t get down The Gate.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What makes you think it was a home game? Our promotion season when we were both on tv for the first game was interesting in the pubs. No trouble whatsoever!

Didn’t sound like you referring to just one game....you posted ‘when we are on tv the local pubs are rammed’ - that sounds like every time we are ‘live’ on the tv.....

4 hours ago, Mr Roper said:

Ye saw the saggies were gloating on how much the Sunderland fans loved them ..Course they did ,it was a weekend on the piss knowing full well that an easy 3 pts on offer .What it it with the fewers that they need to be loved so much ,was the same when the played Chelsea wasnt it . Desperate tossers.

Exactly. It’d be like us playing Gateshead* and their fans asking us if we prefer them to Newcastle/Sunderland. Of course we would! Gateshead are no threat and everyone loves the underdog.

*no offence meant to Gateshead, I’m sure they are not stadium stealing, inbred, needy horse punchers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Didn’t sound like you referring to just one game....you posted ‘when we are on tv the local pubs are rammed’ - that sounds like every time we are ‘live’ on the tv.....

Ah fair enough. Yeah the travel is an issue for some but Patchway and Parkway make it an easy journey for me to Parsons Street. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

Many think Kingswood is Rovers, it certainly is not and there are more City fans than Rovers. It now gets mentioned it "maybe 50:50" but 15 years ago it was "95% Rovers" ??

The Wood has always had a large number of City here, it’s never been 95% Gas, 60/40 at best or worst!

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So what are the rovers hotspots then? Hanham, St.George,Downend, Mangotsfield, Keynsham, Warmley, Yate? 

Do they have any? I’m not saying that there’s not more of them here than us, but it’s nowhere near as big as they’d like you to think it is.

I’m born and bred here, and in the 37 years I’ve been on this Earth, I’ve known plenty of City here, I’d wager much more than the Sags have got in South Bristol.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Do they have any? I’m not saying that there’s not more of them here than us, but it’s nowhere near as big as they’d like you to think it is.

I’m born and bred here, and in the 37 years I’ve been on this Earth, I’ve known plenty of City here, I’d wager much more than the Sags have got in South Bristol.

Yate, forget it. A few known weirdos who support the Gas, otherwise Yate is also red.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Isn’t the JPT Semi next Tuesday? We’re home tomorrow night.

Cue their game getting postponed due to a water main bursting in one corner of the ground. Thus giving them time to organise a strategy and be injury free against a Sunderland side who will be more tired, having played at the weekend and travelling the length of the country for a game that could upset their promotion push..

9 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So what are the rovers hotspots then? Hanham, St.George,Downend, Mangotsfield, Keynsham, Warmley, Yate? 

Patchway, Little Stoke, Banjo.

Definitely not Hanham St George Mangotsfield or Yate They may have the edge in those locations although you would be hard pressed to see physical evidence of the fact..

Keynsham absolutely not.

10 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

You can strike off Downend & Mangotsfield, having lived a good chunk of my many years in them, my experience confirms the " blue few".

Few being the key word.

Can confirm it is at best (from a sag perspective) 50:50 in those two areas. With lots of building in the area I think it's been 'invaded' by reds.

In my experience Kingswood is still heavily Rovers to be fair.

Edited by nebristolred

19 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Can confirm it is at best (from a sag perspective) 50:50 in those two areas. With lots of building in the area I think it's been 'invaded' by reds.

In my experience Kingswood is still heavily Rovers to be fair.

If it was 50/50, then during my 20+ years there, the blue 50% were very much under cover!

Last 30+ years in Frenchay I can't recall ever seeing the "famous quarters" being worn in the locality.

Didn't someone put some demographic maps on here showing the distribution off fans throughout the area, a while back?

• Like 1