IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, weepywall said:

Win 4-0 and still in the bottom four 

Think how annoying it will be for them if they remain unbeaten for the remainder of the season. Only to find those above them have as well so that Rovers are relegated with a record number of points!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 22A said:

Think how annoying it will be for them if they remain unbeaten for the remainder of the season. Only to find those above them have as well so that Rovers are relegated with a record number of points!

Let’s keep it more simple and just hope the they lose every game..! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, One BCFC said:

Anyone else cringe listen to Radio Bristol last night? Their fans are weird

Ya know, a couple of weeks back, I was in a bar in Palawan, Philippines when I heard a Bristol accent.. It was a guy, probably in his early 50s, sleazily chatting up the young girls around him, talking absolute nonsense and just being generally creepy. I thought to myself, I bet he's a sag, acting like that.

Sure enough, I struck up a conversation with him and asked him red or blue. He was indeed one of the blue few! I guess he was nice enough in the end, but it's funny how they are so easy to clock based on how they behave in general!

Edited by Wanderingred

20 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Ya know, a couple of weeks back, I was in a bar in Palawan, Philippines when I heard a Bristol accent.. It was a guy, probably in his early 50s, sleazily chatting up the young girls around him, talking absolute nonsense and just being generally creepy. I thought to myself, I bet he's a sag, acting like that.

Sure enough, I struck up a conversation with him and asked him red or blue. He was indeed one of the blue few! I guess he was nice enough in the end, but it's funny how they are so easy to clock based on how they behave in general!

Bet he was asking them if they preferred us or rovers... 

• Haha 10

23 hours ago, weepywall said:

Win 4-0 and still in the bottom four and some more bad news Plymouth took 2000 to Sunderland today so may be Sunderland fans have a new team that have "the best and loudest fans to visit the SOL" and obviously  Sunderland prefer Plymouth to us 

Plymouth took 1,726 to Sunlan - leave the exaggerating to the sags....

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No worries and apologies, I thought you were rounding it up. Either way, for Plymouth to take over 1700 fans to a fixture, which is an 804 mile round trip, is just incredible...

They never cease to amaze me with the amount they take, they`ve got 80+ miles to go before they even really get anywhere yet they still take 750 or so to somewhere like Accrington on a Tuesday night.

The travelling they have to do was summed up for me in our League 1 promotion season. If Swindon had gone up with us and Argyle had got promoted from League 2 (both of which were distinct possibilities with a couple of games to go) their closest game the following season in League 1 would have been Walsall!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Was his first name Jamie by any chance?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I bet he was telling the young girls all about the 40,000 crowds they get at the Mem every week.

And I bet the young girls were thinking “piss off grandad, even we know your average home crowd is roughly the same as the population of Frampton Cotterell”

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I don't think our crowds ever went as low as 7/8k even when we were in the mire.

They just dream of averaging over 20k like we get, but they would not get that many even if they ever managed to build or steal a shiny new stadium and get promoted (both v unlikely btw).

Untrue.  We have had a number of games below 7k.

Lowest against Millwall on 12th May 1984 which we won 4-1: 2696 attendance.

21 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I remember that one. It was a re-arranged game played in the last week of the season after we were already relegated so the crowd was no surprise. One thing that sticks in my mind was that they had Barry Kitchener at CB and he looked about fifty and three stone overweight.

35 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I remember that one. It was a re-arranged game played in the last week of the season after we were already relegated so the crowd was no surprise. One thing that sticks in my mind was that they had Barry Kitchener at CB and he looked about fifty and three stone overweight.

Danny Greaves (Jimmy's son) played for them, I think?

Actually it must have been Southend game, as he appears to have never played for Millwall.

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just checked and it was 12th May 1982 not 1984. It could well have been Kitchener`s last but one game as he retired in 1982. I hadn`t realised either that he sadly passed away from cancer in 2012.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Attendances were down all over the country in the early 80s.

Even at the Sags who, at one point, we’re getting lower crowds than us when they were a division above.

36 years later and they haven’t managed to get themselves a division above us since.

• Like 2

On 02/03/2019 at 17:09, weepywall said:

Win 4-0 and still in the bottom four and some more bad news Plymouth took 2000 to Sunderland today so may be Sunderland fans have a new team that have "the best and loudest fans to visit the SOL" and obviously  Sunderland prefer Plymouth to us 

Saw quite a few Plymouth fans in various service stations Northbound and Southbound over the weekend. Fair play to them for doing that trip.

• Like 1

I'm happy with our attendances. It never bothers me. It's quite sad though that the sags bleat on about how massive their attendances are and judge everyone else (bar themselves) by how large they are. So by definition (gas logic) Accrington must be 5hit. Its like some blokes banging on about the size of their manhood makes them more manly.

Pathetic. 

By the way, my nick name is "Subway"

A lovely place to eat

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, archie andrews said:

untrue.       never had a crowd under 3000 for a league game

3404 there that evening

fact.....

This debate has been going on for a fair few years, and I don’t pretend to know what the attendance was for that Millwall game. The book ‘Bristol City, a complete record 1894 to 1987’ lists the attendance as 2696 for that game. However, like I said, I don’t know the answer! Where are you getting 3404 from? Cheers....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This debate has been going on for a fair few years, and I don’t pretend to know what the attendance was for that Millwall game. The book ‘Bristol City, a complete record 1894 to 1987’ lists the attendance as 2696 for that game. However, like I said, I don’t know the answer! Where are you getting 3404 from? Cheers....

Pretty sure it was 3k plus. I remember thinking ...we've sunk that low .