IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

?? you clown ffs mate you’re hard work. When I’m talking about you it’s meant as you as a fan base not you the individual ??? belter

And i've already claimed they're idiots so what point are you trying to prove about a selected few of a fanbase (a mentality that exists for any fanbase).

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

To prove you're not a typical bullshitting sag which you appear to be. I asked for a picture from you so you could prove to us that you were indeed 'faithful and true' and not full of crap. You decided to ignore the opportunity afforded you.  You weren't anywhere near Gillingham last night were you? More likely knocking one out into a sock in your bedroom.  

Ah yes, I'll go back 20 hours to when I was on a coach just so I could take a picture to prove to the "Bristol Rovers dustin thread," on "One team in Bristol" to prove I was at a game that I was at. I've got so many replies of "you should be celebrating your win rather than be on our forum" when I debate City fans at half-time and on the coach home, but there's been very little said on the loyal City fans who were replying to me when their match was actually on. 

33 minutes ago, Rich said:

This is too many posts to reply to. You claim you've been in good form, but seem to think  that poor results should be ignored as you've got other good results. When it comes to form, it's only results that count. So as I said, hope that your form in the honeymoon period (December) and March keep up, as in between those months, January and February your form was poor. You seem to have found a scorer, where was he in Jan/Feb? Lets see how the next two months pan out with the special attention he'll now get.

Because you account for your form as a whole, I can understand excluding the honeymoon period of the team in December (even though it's very unusual for a team to have such a drastic change in form because of the appointment of a new manager with 0 managerial experience). And anyway, a honeymoon period is when a new manager is hired and the players perform better for a very short amount of time before the normality of the pre-appointment form returns. You're essentially going "ignoring your good results, your team has been on bad form." And to answer your question, he was signed on January 31st. He had his first start against Portsmouth on the 19th of February, where he scored. He played against Sunderland and didn't score, and that takes us now to March, where he's scored 5 goals in 4 games.

3 hours ago, bodin said:

I don't check the forum much but an example i'm going to use is Chelsea away from home, now, this may be a really common example given by Rovers fans that your fans have completely debunked, I don't know. But I thought we gave a really good showing that day, now of course you could make the argument that any club would do that, but that's not really the case. Hell, in the Chelsea fan-cams and twitter accounts after the game they were going on about the Rovers fans, and they get a lot of away fans from lower-league clubs. They don't do that for many fans.  

Manchester City fans were saying the same about us last season.

I think most big Prem teams who have little contact with lower league sides gush enthusiastically when one pays them a visit and brings a huge number of fans.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Manchester City fans were saying the same about us last season.

I think most big Prem teams who have little contact with lower league sides gush enthusiastically when one pays them a visit and brings a huge number of fans.

Yep, but man city fans were put in their place by the gashead on their forum telling them how much better rovers are than us... 

6 minutes ago, bodin said:

And i've already claimed they're idiots so what point are you trying to prove about a selected few of a fanbase (a mentality that exists for any fanbase).

Ah yes, I'll go back 20 hours to when I was on a coach just so I could take a picture to prove to the "Bristol Rovers dustin thread," on "One team in Bristol" to prove I was at a game that I was at. I've got so many replies of "you should be celebrating your win rather than be on our forum" when I debate City fans at half-time and on the coach home, but there's been very little said on the loyal City fans who were replying to me when their match was actually on. 

Because you account for your form as a whole, I can understand excluding the honeymoon period of the team in December (even though it's very unusual for a team to have such a drastic change in form because of the appointment of a new manager with 0 managerial experience). And anyway, a honeymoon period is when a new manager is hired and the players perform better for a very short amount of time before the normality of the pre-appointment form returns. You're essentially going "ignoring your good results, your team has been on bad form." And to answer your question, he was signed on January 31st. He had his first start against Portsmouth on the 19th of February, where he scored. He played against Sunderland and didn't score, and that takes us now to March, where he's scored 5 goals in 4 games.

Got to give to you, you don’t half waffle on :facepalm:

Not really sure why you’ve come on here to try and explain/defend your shower? From the very top all the way down to the loyal and true you continue to embarrass yourselves. Couldn’t care less whether any of your players are any good because they clearly aren’t, we signed your best ever player for pocket change.

OTIB always will be.

4 hours ago, bodin said:

Evidence from 3 years ago? When you were doing terribly in the Championship? The City forums were all about Rovers when we went down, lost Taylor, sacked Darrell etc. And no it's not, it's if those two fans went to the pub and talked about Rovers for 5 minutes every day for 3 and a half years.

Ok, you’ve missed my point.....

Yes, OTIB were all over Rovers when they went down, lost Taylor, sacked Darrell etc. That’s because these, and all the other gifts, are funny to us...and there’s been no shortage of funnies over the last 4/5 years hence why this thread is so long.

The example picture I posted was from Jan 2016, probably one of our lowest points since you were relegated to the Conference. We were in the bottom 3 OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP, Plug from the Bash St kids had just turned us down and Cotts was sacked. Nearly every topic on the first page of Gaschat was about City so don’t tell me that you lot wouldn’t be exactly the same to us (probably worse) if we were relegated out of the entire League.

If the tables were turned and it was us providing the gifts you lot wouldn’t shut up about, FFS they were getting boners over our under 23s losing a game last week.

Re. Matty Taylor, you may believe we signed him just to stop you getting promoted. Personally I think that’s utterly ridiculous and sounds almost Scooby Doo-like. Far more likely in my opinion. Is that we were interested in Taylor the previous summer but not willing to take a chance until he proved he could step up a division. By Jan he’d scored something like 15 goals in L1. We were then in a relegation fight and we needed goals. You had Taylor just up the road and he was available for peanuts and willing to sign

Absolute no ******* brainer. 

Yes we could’ve got him for free in the Summer but £300k isn’t a huge amount to pay when you have the reassurance that he’s easily made the step up from L2 to L1.

Turns out that whilst his goal return hasn’t been great he’s been valuable to the team in other areas and definitely helped us stay up that season. That was our priority, not preventing your possible promotion...that was just a bonus.

Edit: the pub example was perfectly fine.

2 mates go to the pub for the whole evening (that’s the 3 years bit), talk/laugh at the Gas for 5 minutes (that’s everything posted in this thread over the last 3 years) then talk about other stuff for the rest of the night (that’s everything else on the forum).

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

4 hours ago, bodin said:

"Our lot's mantra." Your whole argument is "a couple Rovers fans think this so you must think it!!!"

I got the train down to London in the morning and spent the day in London and then caught the train to Gillingham and then caught the coach back. I went on this forum at halftime and then left at the final whistle, took a couple of minutes to walk to the coach and went on it again. 

I went down to London in the day beforehand and then caught the coach back. 

It's a game of football mate, chill out mr "17st of rage."

Nope.

A city smaller than Bristol then, where there's a larger proportion of fansize to the population.

It's on the coach mate I didn't have much else to do. My guess is now you will criticise all of Gert Mare steviestevieneville wood_red Vincent Vega h hills left shoe who all posted during the City game? Wouldn't want to be inconsistent would you? Or is it only okay if City fans post during games?

Smaller than Bristol with a larger proportion of fanbase added into the mix then.

Don't have a picture because why would I take one?

None, the odds on the winning teams are low, and there's still millions of people who bet a lot of money and lose it on high-risk but high-reward bets

That's fair enough, I wish Rovers had more fans to be honest, we should. Guess it just feels a bit different at games to be honest, you're so focused on the team you don't really notice if 500 more people go or leave, especially since it's a standing area. I think we have good fans though, of course there's always some who are complete idiots but that's the same for every fanbase. I don't check the forum much but an example i'm going to use is Chelsea away from home, now, this may be a really common example given by Rovers fans that your fans have completely debunked, I don't know. But I thought we gave a really good showing that day, now of course you could make the argument that any club would do that, but that's not really the case. Hell, in the Chelsea fan-cams and twitter accounts after the game they were going on about the Rovers fans, and they get a lot of away fans from lower-league clubs. They don't do that for many fans. 

I don't think that's an argument specifically for Rovers to be honest, I just think fans from our general area of the country are passionate and give good support, even in low-numbers. Clubs like Rovers, Plymouth, Swindon, City I'd say. Although of the four City of course have the most.

Evidence from 3 years ago? When you were doing terribly in the Championship? The City forums were all about Rovers when we went down, lost Taylor, sacked Darrell etc. And no it's not, it's if those two fans went to the pub and talked about Rovers for 5 minutes every day for 3 and a half years.

You say this about Rovers fans wanting to get in scraps, but it's clear the 6 foot 2 man mountain who commented earlier would be exactly the same for City. I've never been the fighting type when it comes to football, at the end of the day it's just a sport. Maybe it's because i've had to debate City fans all my life so I'm used to the bantering I get (the whole of my mum's side are City fans, and the majority of my Dad's fans are also City fans, but he supports Rovers because he went to the games with his granddad the same as I do now with him as much as possible). Ah yes, the Taylor debacle did hurt, but in all honesty I can't remember many Championship clubs being interested in him and I personally think the only reason City did it was because they were scared we might go up. I agree with the Bristol United comment and the mutual hatred for each other will always be there. But to be fair Bristol as a city has produced a lot of good young players over the years, in recent memory Joe Bryan, Tom Lockyer, Lloyd Kelly etc. I did see there's been more England internationals born outside of England then there has been from the north-west. Each set of fans seem to think that the Post is biased towards the other. But from my knowledge Rovers or City haven't produced any world-class talent since Bradford and Atyeo. As a fan I almost wish I could've supported Rovers in that era. Although our club is obviously more likely to fold than City's, I really don't think we're anywhere near that bad, and I don't think we're at risk of that. Hell even if our club did shoot down in the leagues I imagine it would be a similar situation than Hartlepool and Leyton Orient, although then again Wael is nowhere near as bad as the owners they had. 

it took like 5 minutes at halftime pal.

I'm near the back, but the photo quality is too poor to effectively point me out.

FYI....it is extremely annoying when you quote a zillion posts all within one reply - please be considerate to those members of this forum who don’t wish to scroll down for 20 minutes just to get past one of your posts....cheers...

• Like 1

@bodin the argument is far simpler than all this bullshit about percentages and which cities have similar size clubs etc. When you consistently sell out the mem , actually I'll give you a caveat, when you consistently sell out the HOME section of the mem and can show evidence of queues of people requiring tickets but unable to get them, then we as a fanbase will back you call for a bigger stadium.
Can't say fairer than that, and as it wont happen in my lifetime I am confident of making that promise on behalf of my fellow City fans. 

There is Zero evidence that there are thousands of "pirates" waiting in the wings to watch League 1 football, never has been never will be in future.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bodin said:

Ok, so you say you count your form as a whole, but, you haven't. You are only counting the form from when Coughlin took over and saying you're in play off form while discounting preceding results. If you are counting form as a whole, your form is shyte and not play off form. Your form through Jan and Feb was shyte, March was good.  You can't have both, claiming you're in play off form, then claiming form is as the whole sum. You are essentially saying, "ignore the bad results" we're in good form.

Coughlin was appointed manager and it was a honeymoon period when he took over, new man in charge, new ideas and the stigma and negativity of the previous boss removed. It's not just when someone gets appointed from outside, many coaches have been handed the role as manager on a temporary basis, followed by doing well initially, then falling short when appointed permanently.

Your new saviour will now be a marked man, along with the supply to him. If that's negated keep your fingers crossed.

53 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Much like @bodin was at Gillingham last night, I was there at the battle of trafalgar alongside Nelson. 

I have absolutely 0 evidence of this however, as I spent my time on the French sides forum replying to posts about me... 

Should your user name be Hardy?

This guy needs to go back to asschat tbh as he’s full of bullsh1t. Squirming like a condemned fish is not a good trait although he’s had a good go.

Honesty is welcomed on OTIB, bullsh1t isn’t. IF you were on a coach heading  back from Kent (you clearly weren’t), you were reading our forum constantly and had an ample opportunity to disprove that you’re full of crap, in fact you had hours and hours yet did not take the opportunity. If you had, I would have said ‘fair play’ but you’re clearly a ‘look at me’ merchant, typical paranoia for a methane snorter TBH.

Why not admit you’re lying or bugger off eh?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

@bodin 

And i've already claimed they're idiots so what point are you trying to prove about a selected few of a fanbase (a mentality that exists for any fanbase).

ffs the words are in that vile song you sing about a prostitute . Don’t reply to me anymore ffs . Your obviously thicker than a whale omelette . 

5 hours ago, bodin said:

it took like 5 minutes at halftime pal.

So, at an away game you logged onto your rival’s forum at half time?! No way you were at Gillingham.....nothing to be ashamed of, that’s a long trip on a Tuesday night.....but why come on here and lie?! You weren’t there.....instead, you chose to spend your evening posting on a Bristol City forum.....very strange.....

• Like 1

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.338%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/oe854/ivxzgd" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

Just for you @bodin

Thanks for all of the lovely ? you have given us over the years.

Here is a collection of just a few.....Of course your supporters aren't obsessed with Ted's are they?

Enjoy x

Edited by Gert Mare

12 hours ago, JBFC II said:

They are now hoping for an aggregate gate of 50000 from their last 5 games. 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14031/50-000

To put that into perspective our aggregate gate from our first five fixtures was over 106000...

Mind the gap fewers

Just had a quick read through that. Even suggestions to increase the away allocations to boost crowds. Realistically, it's a good idea for them. Seems silly letting a few thousand tickets go unsold every week if teams like Charlton/Pompey would come down and snap them up.  They could really use the extra money. 

Classic Rovers though isn't it. Imagine they did that and started selling out games as a result, all we'd here about is how they've outgrown the Mem, well, more so than we do already! 

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bet it isn't live and taking calls and questions from supporters. It'll be a set of pre approved questions all of which he can avoid with his 'famous' NDA stock answer.

Wael will no doubt be at home listening whilst cooking the herb crusted chicken recipe he’s created: These Wings Take Thyme

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, JBFC II said:

They are now hoping for an aggregate gate of 50000 from their last 5 games. 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14031/50-000

To put that into perspective our aggregate gate from our first five fixtures was over 106000...

Mind the gap fewers

From https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-rovers/tab/stats/option/attendances/ these are ALL of the 10K+ attendances they have had in the previous 11 years (data on that page excludes current season and seems to only go back as far as 2007)

11,883 - 14 Sep 2007      v Leeds United
11,750 - 30 Apr 2017      v Millwall
11,448 --27 Oct 2009      v Leeds United
11,200 - 26 Dec 2016      v Coventry City
10,557 - 28 Jan 2017      v Swindon Town
10,293 - 07 Mar 2009      v Leeds United
10,093 - 31 Dec 2016      v AFC Wimbledon
10,088 - 01 Nov 2016      v Fleetwood Town
10,053 - 14 Aug 2016      v Oxford United
10,029 - 14 Apr 2018      v Blackburn Rovers
10,014 -  01 Jan 2018      v Portsmouth

So including their 10K against their "best chums" Sunderland this season - They have had a dozen 10K+ attendances in that whole period, and the best season they had was 2016 when they had four.

Bear in mind also that two of the fixtures were against Leeds (great away following, novelty for the gas to play a big club) and four of them were Christmas home fixtures, and it puts into context how sad and pathetic their support really is

... and they think they could average 50K over five fixtures. 

yeah right smile GIF by bubly

Edited by cityal
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, cityal said:

From https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-rovers/tab/stats/option/attendances/ these are ALL of the 10K+ attendances they have had in the previous 11 years (data on that page excludes current season and seems to only go back as far as 2007)

So including their 10K against their "best chums" Sunderland this season - They have had a dozen 10K+ attendances in that whole period, and the best season they had was 2016 when they had four.

Bear in mind also that two of the fixtures were against Leeds (great away following, novelty for the gas to play a big club) and four of them were Christmas home fixtures, and it puts into context how sad and pathetic their support really is

They had a gate of 10,594 on 3 May 2014 vs Mansfield. Of course as we now know, us Teds made up the majority of the crowd that day ...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

From https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-rovers/tab/stats/option/attendances/ these are ALL of the 10K+ attendances they have had in the previous 11 years excluding this season (data on that page seems to only go back as far as 2007)

Bear in mind also that two of the fixtures were against Leeds (great away following, novelty for the gas to play a big club) and four of them were Christmas home fixtures, and it putds into context how sad and pathetic their support really is

Oxford, Swindon, Pompey and Coventry would have used up their allocations too no doubt to swell the "crowd". Millwall were going for the playoffs then (which they won) so no doubt used up their allocation , and Blackburn were vying for the championship with Wigan the year after so I expect they brought 1,000 down to the Manuereal..

This year, Charlton, Luton and Barnsley may well sell out their bit. If Bradfiord are down forget it , and the same goes for Rochdale.

Fantasists..