IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They had a gate of 10,594 on 3 May 2014 vs Mansfield. Of course as we now know, us Teds made up the majority of the crowd that day ...

Hmm you are right - maybe the website I sourced the info from doesn't include every year?

Either way I think the point i am making is still 100% valid - To aggregate 50K attendance over the next 5 home games they are going to need at least three and most likely four attendances over 10K. Given the rarity of them getting that many at the swamp I think they have less than zero chance of achieving that.  As Loon plage said - fantasists!

I expect they may get something like 43k over the five games. Kind of the figure we get for two games :whistle:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They had a gate of 10,594 on 3 May 2014 vs Mansfield. Of course as we now know, us Teds made up the majority of the crowd that day ...

Yep, plenty of people there. And plenty of home shirts to share around the players too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Dwane Sports willing to listen to offers over Bristol Rovers after failed November talks

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dwane-sports-willing-listen-offers-2647773

So people phone every day to talk about investing ??? of course they do. 

• Haha 1

The gifts your weird supporters keep on giving @bodin ark at this one, tad deluded this one......

were not crap? Well the fans aren’t,best thing about this football club
We’re CRAP as you put it cause we always end up with tight fookers 
Look where Bournemouth are now? We’re a bigger club than them they just have someone willing to spendp

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The conversations start with ..... “we are calling about the car accident you had recently....”

More likely to be a knock on the door by a duffer(someone who sales things door to door out of a catalogue,for you younger ones) wanting his weekly payment,and all the R***** staff dive behind the sofa, pretending there’s no one in.

On 12/03/2019 at 22:36, Sniper said:

Get the **** off our forum you ******* bell-end. You're a ******* embarrassment to Bristol.

The sooner you go into Administration and disappear up your own shite pipe the better.

If it wasn't for my Mrs, she's 5ft 2 (I'm 6ft 2 and 17st of rage) and just about keeps my temper in check I'd be in a lot of trouble. Whenever I see one of you sad pathetic ******* in that puke up shirt I just want to rip your face off. Lucky for the **** in B&Q the other day as he nearly had some decking :laugh:

Hahaha I do try to just browse this place and not comment anymore but this post says a lot more about your pathetic life than it does Rovers fans/or just rivalries in general.

I'd you genuinely feel like that after seeing a opposing fan in his colours then you have a lot of growing up to do, Mr Rage x

• Like 7

14 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

The gifts your weird supporters keep on giving @bodin ark at this one, tad deluded this one......

were not crap? Well the fans aren’t,best thing about this football club
We’re CRAP as you put it cause we always end up with tight fookers 
Look where Bournemouth are now? We’re a bigger club than them they just have someone willing to spendp

The "bigger than Bournemouth" crap again... :facepalm:

Attendance_rubbish.thumb.jpg.e95d374c390b719d647ae46a93e28e40.jpg

The graph here is from a post I made in this thread where they claimed they were bigger than Swansea, Huddersfield and Bournemouth. For reference the gas attendance line is yellow and black, since I am aware they once had an away kit those colours. ???

With Regard to Bournemouth - They were historically a similar size and there was little to choose between the clubs (similar attendances etc).  Some seasons the gas had higher attendances, sometimes the cherries did.

However since 2014 Bournemouth have left them wael and truly behind. I know they may argue with investment they could be as big as Bournemouth again but that would need an implosion at Bournemouth or the Gas to invest, get promoted twice and for their fans to actually turn up. None of these things are looking paritcularly likely at the moment are they?

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

More likely to be a knock on the door by a duffer(someone who sales things door to door out of a catalogue,for you younger ones) wanting his weekly payment,and all the R***** staff dive behind the sofa, pretending there’s no one in.

When we were kids in the 50s/60s we were experts at diving out of site when the door was knocked.

But in all fairness one duffer who called for years joined the company I was an apprentice for as a van driver. He didn't say a word to the other employees though.

• Haha 1

So Wael's revealing interview has revealed nothing again, yet the Sags still seem to think he has something to offer them. Just more secret non-existent plans. Will they ever learn ??

Non league set up with a non league owner.  They may just stay up this season, though my money is still on them being relegated to div 4 again.

Still they have their training ground in La La Land I suppose and they were badly let down by the UWE project because the watertight contract debacle was someone elses fault just like Matty Taylors release clause ?

Edited by wendyredredrobin

Is "concrete" today's special word? Or is Wael giving us an insight into what Dwane Developments or Wiztek have planned for the ground so the word is muchly on his mind.

"As of yet, there's nobody like that. There has been people, there have been talks, but again, there's nothing concrete."

"Nothing concrete happened after that, so, again, lots of people come in and talk.

"All you can do is listen and you talk but, as for anything being concrete, nothing has been concrete."

Wiztek

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10664221/filing-history

Dwane Developments

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11253528/filing-history

Rovers, accounts to end June 2018 due by the end of March.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

45 minutes ago, redysteadygo1 said:

When we were kids in the 50s/60s we were experts at diving out of site when the door was knocked.

But in all fairness one duffer who called for years joined the company I was an apprentice for as a van driver. He didn't say a word to the other employees though.

And us?,but in the seventies.

Edited by NOTBLUE

Can someone explain why the non development of the training ground is somehow linked to the non development of the new stadium?

If you wanted to progress as a club, regardless of the whereabouts of the pie in the sky new stadium, which according to Wael is not linked, why would you not start by improving your playing side by providing better facilities to help develop the playing side, especially as you already own the land? Probably because they have other plans for that land, along with the rugby ground.

Sorry but, the BBC have once more given this person an easy ride, instead of pressing him for definite answers, shows how cosy BRFC are with the local media. Could you imagine the time a representative of BCFC would have, if he/she were giving out so much bullshit. Having said that, long may it continue with the ever diminishing threat from the dark side of town plainly obvious for all to see, apart from the deluded blue few.

27 minutes ago, edada said:

So, here’s the header to their frequently asked questions section about season tickets. Interesting choice of background!???

D2BED254-AA24-43BF-9999-1E7315D725FD.png

Oh for ***** sake! ????

You’d have thought at least ONE of them would’ve noticed?

Circus.

Just when you think the ‘gifts’ have started to dry up...

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, edada said:

So, here’s the header to their frequently asked questions section about season tickets. Interesting choice of background!???

Got to be a City fan in their admin team. Otherwise that’s unbelievably comical!

What would you associate most with City? Clifton suspension bridge and Ashton Gate you say...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, edada said:

That is brilliant! 

Bravo to the City fan in the sags marketing department. :clap:

They really don't help themselves do they? 

• Haha 3