IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

Wait...they have two unique nicknames?

This changes everything.  Close the forum, sack the team and demolish Ashton gate, we just can't compete with a club that has two nicknames.

.....and yet they even had to rely on us to come up with one of their nicknames, the one of which they are most “prowed” - only that scruffy lot would adopt a term of ridicule as a nickname. They think they are somehow unique as a club and a fanbase - but they just make me laugh, a lot and often...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Did your mate not retort with the fact Rovers were founded in  1883 then?

I thought the Black Arabs FC was founded in 1883 and they changed their name to Bristol Rovers in 1899....so when @1960maaan posted that there wasn’t a club in Bristol called Bristol Rovers until 1899, he or she was correct .....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sunderland fans love ‘em ....

Not just Sunderland fans, remember..! 

They are universally loved and much preferred to “da shit”

They must rank as the most popular second team of most supporters across the globe and for the others, they are a definite close third..! 

I don’t know if details have been released yet, but Real & Barcelona are using their clout to pressurise La Liga into changing the dates of their season, I believe to finish their campaigns by the end of February, so that the thousands (probably tens of thousands) of their supporters who rush home ever Saturday evening to see how Rovers have got on, are able to migrate to Horfield for the final couple of months of the English season, to cheer on “The Gas”

(El Gas, as you’ll see plastered all over the walls of the Bernabau & Camp Nou)

Unfortunately, this is not going to be passed in time for them to whiteness this season’s late push for the play offs, but I’m sure there will be beambacks laid on for the crunch games. ?

Edited by Bar BS3

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Did your mate not retort with the fact Rovers were founded in  1883 then?

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought the Black Arabs FC was founded in 1883 and they changed their name to Bristol Rovers in 1899....so when @1960maaan posted that there wasn’t a club in Bristol called Bristol Rovers until 1899, he  was correct .....

Exactly. 

16 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Another absolute weapon 

There have been artists I really liked until they played down there and then never felt the same about their music afterwards.

How sad must his life be to go off a musician because they've played at our ground? 

I've never liked the Spice Girls

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

With their £250k a year London operation and advertising campaigns Rovers are certainly going for it in the swanky PR stakes.

Meanwhile the relegation threatened team plays in a ground that would embarrass a medium sized school whilst the training ground develops nothing other than weeds.

I'm not one hundred percent convinced that the owners have their priorities right.

Don't mock the latest products of their training ground academy ....

7721e71f293ffdcd362a64c8eb26444a.jpg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Unan said:

We just do not stand a chance if competing with them..

I hope we can all agree that we are amazing in having not one, but TWO, unique nicknames.

Were we not known for a short period as the Bristol babes aswell as the Robins.

I was just reading a story ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47631739 ) about the relegation situation in League One and spotted the comment below. :D 

33. Posted by Thebluesarestayingup on 5 minutes ago

Hopefully Bristol Rovers go down. Maybe Colin Daniel will come back and score the goal to relegate you again and keep Wycombe up. De-ja-vu

• Like 1

They’re so jealous & bitter they have to make gems like this up.

Polish mate had a good night.....he said pitch looking wonderful but stadium is sh!t ! Haha!

Didn't like it, can't see the other side of pitch if in first few rows.

Also didn't like the area where he parked his car! ....I did tell him, that's Ashton for you. But I guess depending on where he lives in Poland, Trashton appears to be a sh!thole..

Did wonder why there was a helicopter up last night too..

• Haha 5

Just now, Unan said:

They’re so jealous & bitter they have to make gems like this up.

Polish mate had a good night.....he said pitch looking wonderful but stadium is sh!t ! Haha!

Didn't like it, can't see the other side of pitch if in first few rows.

Also didn't like the area where he parked his car! ....I did tell him, that's Ashton for you. But I guess depending on where he lives in Poland, Trashton appears to be a sh!thole..

Did wonder why there was a helicopter up last night too..

the phrase 'pathological liars' gets thrown around a lot these days...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

One of the most ridiculous looking creatures ever to walk the planet. 

Sat with an Emu..! 

True story. A  *cough*  acquaintance of a friend once burgled Hull's house in Rochester.

He didn't know it was the at-then-peak-fame celebrity's dwelling, he just thought it was some random big house. 

Anyway, suddenly Rod appeared at the top of the staircase, wearing nowt but an open dressing gown. The intruder was so stunned at seeing him that he just stood still and the Emu-less entertainer hacked down the stairs and gave him a right leathering. Despite being quite old and emaciated-looking apparently Rod was as strong as ****.

Nowt to do with Bristol Rovers that story, but it's a good anecdote!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

How ever bad they were they had the upper hand over us for a couple of years . It was like some sort of voodoo curse they had 

They had decent crops of 'lucky heather' for a few seasons back then, sales of it even out sold their wooden pegs for a while.  

(Gashead kept sprigs of heather in pockets and slept with it under their pillows, the players played with 'lucky heather' in their boots,  and admittedly it did affect their luck against us for a while) flippin' didicoys.

Eventually the 'luck' ran out, natural order resumed and the rest as they say is history … Mind The Gap!

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

True story. A  *cough*  acquaintance of a friend once burgled Hull's house in Rochester.

He didn't know it was the at-then-peak-fame celebrity's dwelling, he just thought it was some random big house. 

Anyway, suddenly Rod appeared at the top of the staircase, wearing nowt but an open dressing gown. The intruder was so stunned at seeing him that he just stood still and the Emu-less entertainer hacked down the stairs and gave him a right leathering. Despite being quite old and emaciated-looking apparently Rod was as strong as ****.

Nowt to do with Bristol Rovers that story, but it's a good anecdote!

??

Surely if that actually happened to you, you try and convince people that you were abducted & abused by aliens instead..! 

• Haha 1