S**t 82ers have no history S**t 82ers have no class

But we have a massive gap!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

I had to post this so funny.

Rovers have history Rovers have class
Suspension bridge has history suspension bridge has class

Ah yes... let’s look at Bristol Rovers’ history...!

Actually, just have a look through this thread, for all you need to know..! 

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to the 15ers glorious history...

Southern League Division One: Champions: 1904–05

Football League Third Division South: Champions: 1952–53

Football League Third Division: Champions: 1989–90

Football League Third Division South Cup: Winners: 1934–35

Watney Cup: Winners : 1972

Illustrious I'm sure you'll agree :laugh: 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

:)

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

?

Now there's a list to be envy of! I mean how are we meant to compete with that?!

Still the loyal and true are prowed as they still like to claim that they are Bristol's oldest LEAGUE club, (wrong) erm no your not, remember Colin Daniel? Just because you were that embarrassed for being so shit you thought you'd start calling the National League, Division 5!  Wrong again, it was NON LEAGUE  :rofl2br:butter it up all you like saggies but you only joined the Football League 4 years ago.

Edited by BCFC11

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 07:27, sglosbcfc said:

Interesting, the person who told me, knew him and was convinced it is true, however, I've posted it before and nobody has colloborated it, at the same time nobody has said he was a Gashead either! 

To be fair, when I knew him , his son had already played for Rovers (I think he was at Wimbledon at the time) so presumably by then he would have been swayed towards Rovers because of that. So , who knows, it could be true!

I think I have heard Olly tell the story that both Rovers and City were after him, City promised the earth but Roy Dolling at Rovers just told him and his parents that there was a load of hard work ahead and it was down to how he applied himself as to whether he would make it or not, and that was the approach his family preferred.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Oh the irony :)

Really? 
My previous post, as others clearly got , was there has been a Bristol City longer than there has been a Bristol Rovers, and that we have been a League club longer (even if you add your 2 spells together :whistle: ) I think I'm supposed to type fact in bold after that , but I won't.  
My mate who resorted to the 1982 thing (TBF he doesn't do that normally) , was just falling into the old boring insults that some of your dullards dish out, and to be fair to your I don't think you have either . My replies were facts, he can usually get me to bite , I will probably bite if he tries the 'franchise ' thing too , but I like to think he's a little bit more intelligent than that.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Really? 
My previous post, as others clearly got , was there has been a Bristol City longer than there has been a Bristol Rovers, and that we have been a League club longer (even if you add your 2 spells together :whistle: ) I think I'm supposed to type fact in bold after that , but I won't.  
My mate who resorted to the 1982 thing (TBF he doesn't do that normally) , was just falling into the old boring insults that some of your dullards dish out, and to be fair to your I don't think you have either . My replies were facts, he can usually get me to bite , I will probably bite if he tries the 'franchise ' thing too , but I like to think he's a little bit more intelligent than that.

Okay, here goes. Bristol Rovers were formed in 1883, we may have changed our name (As of course City did) but we are the older club, anything else is just semantics- one could say 'clutching at straws'.

There are so, so , so ******* many things that you have over us on and off the pitch, as it stands I can only dream of getting to even play you on a level playing field again, yet you want to argue about who is the older club, when there really is no argument, we ARE the older club.

Trust me, it doesn't really matter, if we could swap places with you becoming the older club and us becoming the more successful, I will happily sign up for that deal!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Okay, here goes. Bristol Rovers were formed in 1883, we may have changed our name (As of course City did) but we are the older club, anything else is just semantics- one could say 'clutching at straws'.

There are so, so , so ******* many things that you have over us on and off the pitch, as it stands I can only dream of getting to even play you on a level playing field again, yet you want to argue about who is the older club, when there really is no argument, we ARE the older club.

Trust me, it doesn't really matter, if we could swap places with you becoming the older club and us becoming the more successful, I will happily sign up for that deal!

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

11 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

I had to post this so funny.

Rovers have history Rovers have class
Suspension bridge has history suspension bridge has class

Yeah to be fair, we’ve only got over a century of continuous League football and a home in our traditional heartland that we’ve never had to leave in 120 years.

Our Premiership ready Stadium is not ridiculed by everyone who visits and our fans don’t need our owners to publicly beg us to stop being so racist all the time.

Yes, I really wish we had their ‘history’ of bumming around from town to town with no real home and tiny fanbase of angry trolls with an inferiority complex.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Doesn’t that just make your lack of winning anything even more embarrassing ?

You’ve had longer than us to be total nonentities . 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There are none so blind as those that will not see ...  
My point again Bristol City/R*vers.  BRISTOL !

It might be a small point, but as the original response was to a 1982 jibe it was called for.

Screenshot 2019-03-23 at 10.53.46.png

Screenshot 2019-03-23 at 10.53.02.png

Edited by 1960maaan

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

To be honest, i couldn't care less about who is older, it's what you've done with your time as a football league club that counts. We've achieved more and will continue to achieve more.

#foreverinourshadow #mindthegap

Well we have done more since 1982 than they have done in their history. It just gets me to bite when they spout 1982 , which although I don't think it reflects well on the club, it was all legal and if you look at the history sites ours is still all there, unlike MK Dons who can be seen as a completely new club. Now the franchise thing also gets me a little, more to do with stupidity of fans ,who's team has up'd sticks and moved to whichever ground is willing to take them, calling us a franchise ! In my time they have moved and played at , at least 4 grounds. 1 they sold, 1 they "stole" and 2 they squatted in.:cool2:

• Haha 2

Completely obsessed. According to Wikipedia ...

The team won the 1989–90 third division championship, clinching promotion on 2 May 1990 with a 3–0 victory over local rivals Bristol City, who finished second and were also promoted. This match inspired the title of a former Bristol Rovers fanzine, The Second of May. The championship winning season was rounded off by the club's first ever appearance at Wembley Stadium, where they lost 2–1 to Tranmere Roversin the final of the Leyland DAF Cup. 32,000 Rovers fans travelled to Wembley for the match, which was also attended by cult band (and Tranmere fans) Half Man Half Biscuit, who later performed Goodnight Irene on John Peel's radio show as a tribute to the Bristol Rovers fans on that day.

And another extract ...

The 1980–81 season was probably the worst in the club's history. Rovers won just five league games during the season, and only four home wins in all competitions. The team was relegated at the end of the season, finishing in last place, seven points below the other relegated team, Bristol City.

... and it goes on ...

During the 1981–82 season, with the lease on Eastville coming to an end, Rovers were offered deals to groundshare by both Bristol City and Bath City, however a five-year extension to their existing lease was agreed and Rovers would remain at Eastville until 1986. Before the lease was agreed, the Rovers chairman, Martin Flook, had made an offer of £450,000 to buy Ashton Gate Stadium from Bristol City, who were on the verge of bankruptcy at the time. However, when City reformed as Bristol City (1982) plc, this bid was rejected.

Unlike Bristol City, who had suffered three consecutive relegations in the early 80s, Rovers stabilised in the Third Division.

Now, I’ve always known that they have an unhealthy obsession with us but it’s disturbing that they constantly have to draw parallels with us when writing their glorious history. (“We may have been shit but so we’re da shit”). Note also that Tranmere supporters also like the 15ers so much that they had to sing a dirge about them on national radio. Deluded much?

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Completely obsessed. According to Wikipedia ...

The team won the 1989–90 third division championship, clinching promotion on 2 May 1990 with a 3–0 victory over local rivals Bristol City, who finished second and were also promoted. This match inspired the title of a former Bristol Rovers fanzine, The Second of May. The championship winning season was rounded off by the club's first ever appearance at Wembley Stadium, where they lost 2–1 to Tranmere Roversin the final of the Leyland DAF Cup. 32,000 Rovers fans travelled to Wembley for the match, which was also attended by cult band (and Tranmere fans) Half Man Half Biscuit, who later performed Goodnight Irene on John Peel's radio show as a tribute to the Bristol Rovers fans on that day.

And another extract ...

The 1980–81 season was probably the worst in the club's history. Rovers won just five league games during the season, and only four home wins in all competitions. The team was relegated at the end of the season, finishing in last place, seven points below the other relegated team, Bristol City.

... and it goes on ...

During the 1981–82 season, with the lease on Eastville coming to an end, Rovers were offered deals to groundshare by both Bristol City and Bath City, however a five-year extension to their existing lease was agreed and Rovers would remain at Eastville until 1986. Before the lease was agreed, the Rovers chairman, Martin Flook, had made an offer of £450,000 to buy Ashton Gate Stadium from Bristol City, who were on the verge of bankruptcy at the time. However, when City reformed as Bristol City (1982) plc, this bid was rejected.

Unlike Bristol City, who had suffered three consecutive relegations in the early 80s, Rovers stabilised in the Third Division.

Now, I’ve always known that they have an unhealthy obsession with us but it’s disturbing that they constantly have to draw parallels with us when writing their glorious history. (“We may have been shit but so we’re da shit”). Note also that Tranmere supporters also like the 15ers so much that they had to sing a dirge about them on national radio. Deluded much?

HMHB have really gone down in my estimation. 

:disapointed2se:

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Well we have done more since 1982 than they have done in their history. It just gets me to bite when they spout 1982 , which although I don't think it reflects well on the club, it was all legal and if you look at the history sites ours is still all there, unlike MK Dons who can be seen as a completely new club. Now the franchise thing also gets me a little, more to do with stupidity of fans ,who's team has up'd sticks and moved to whichever ground is willing to take them, calling us a franchise ! In my time they have moved and played at , at least 4 grounds. 1 they sold, 1 they "stole" and 2 they squatted in.:cool2:

I wouldn't let it get to you, it ain't worth the energy.

They can throw 1982 around all they like, it doesn't mean anything anymore, we reformed that's all. It's not like we went out of the league, is it? Now that would be embarrassing.

They have absolutely no moral high ground having been a league club for, what is it now? All of 4 years. Comical.

• Like 1

Hang on folks, it's true everyone does (or at least did) like Rovers.

When Rovers finished bottom of the league in 1938-39, they had to apply for  re-election to the League. (For you young 'uns, no auto promotion & relegation then).

Gasp shock horror, they  were voted back unanimously! http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3506;

Hartlepools         FL    38 re-elected to Division Three (North)
Accrington Stanley  FL    29 re-elected to Division Three (North)
South Liverpool     LC     5
Scunthorpe & L Utd  ML     4
Burton Town         ML     0
Wigan Athletic      CL     0

Bristol Rovers      FL    45 re-elected to Division Three (South)
Walsall             FL    36 re-elected to Division Three (South)
Gillingham          SL    15
Chelmsford City     SL     1
Colchester United   SL     1

Interesting to note that the Northern clubs receiving no votes then, subsequently gained automatic promotion to the league and both are currently, above Rovers.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Now the franchise thing also gets me a little, more to do with stupidity of fans ,who's team has up'd sticks and moved to whichever ground is willing to take them, calling us a franchise ! In my time they have moved and played at , at least 4 grounds. 1 they sold, 1 they "stole" and 2 they squatted in.:cool2:

Bless them, they think that a ‘franchise’ in sport is when your owner also owns and finances other clubs in different sports. 

I wonder how many other football clubs around the Planet they also call a ‘franchise’?

As you correctly point out and as I’ve mentioned before, Rovers have already moved out of Bristol to another City. Only recently they wanted to move out of Bristol again. 

They’re more like a franchise than we are.

• Like 2