IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Unan said:

Why do they talk about the mem as their “spiritual home” when they stole it from the rugby club

I thought Eastville was their "spiritual home" , but then they did sell that at the first sign of £££££ too. 
The Rugby ground would have gone that way as well, if they would have got the new ground in South Gloucestershire free.

There is a theme here.

28 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I hate the idea of MK style franchise clubs but I’ll make an exception if the 15ers ever want to bugger off a few hundred miles away.

Just thirty miles or so ought to do it. None of their `loyal and true` fans would be arsed to travel that far so crowds would plummet to sub 3k and they`d fold in no time.

Bring it on I say.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I hate the idea of MK style franchise clubs but I’ll make an exception if the 15ers ever want to bugger off a few hundred miles away.

24 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just thirty miles or so ought to do it. None of their `loyal and true` fans would be arsed to travel that far so crowds would plummet to sub 3k and they`d fold in no time.

Bring it on I say.

The real irony, as I see it, is this....

Wimbledon were a financially struggling club with woeful levels of support. Against ALL odds they rose to the top level of the English game and even won the nations showpiece domestic cup. Even after that glorious achievement, they used to get levels of support that would even embarrass the Gas. 

Inevitably,  eventually, they spiralled into financial oblivion and began to drop back down the football pyramid. At that point, an entrepreneur cited the idea of taking over that club but felt they would have a far better chance of sustainability if based elsewhere. Leaving the spiritual base that failed to sufficiently support the old “Dons” and move the club to the rapidly growing catchment area of Milton Keynes, with the promise of a wonderful stadium, eventually. Until that point they battled on in a not fit for purpose hockey stadium, whilst the owner kept his promise of delivering a new stadium. 

Rovers on the other hand are actively looking to uproot from their spiritual home City and move beyond the county boarders, because apparently, Bristol has no development options (apart, of course, from the vast delelopment projects, regeneration and abundance of unused spaces) yet nobody wants to have them. 

Despite this they continue to look to move away to where they can obtain land on the cheap. Which they continue to struggle to obtain.

so, MK Dons have carried out a plan & vision, enhanced their facilities and increased the numbers of their support, yet are ridiculed as a “franchise” whereas Rovers hope to do the same thing, but are some sort of ambitious heroes..?!

23 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

There are none so blind as those that will not see ...  
My point again Bristol City/R*vers.  BRISTOL !

It might be a small point, but as the original response was to a 1982 jibe it was called for.

Screenshot 2019-03-23 at 10.53.46.png

Screenshot 2019-03-23 at 10.53.02.png

During 1883 there was a Bristol Rover Bicycle Club from Stapleton, even before Eastville Rovers, so in 1899 they were named after a cycling club.

Edited by KernowRed
remove line thro text
  • Like 1

Supporters of both come from all over Bristol and surrounding areas for goodness sake, surely the Teds are not afraid of a bit of competition from rag bag Rovers are they?any way anything that winds em up is OK by me,for a club less with less than 40 years of history they should be grateful to have what they have and not be worried about little old Rovers!! 

No Sag, we’re not afraid as we have absolutely nothing to be afraid of. Isn’t it YOU who are supposed to be coming for US? The video didn’t wind us up, we thought it was another hilarious gift to add to the collection. All it has succeeded in doing is pushing the Dustbin thread ever closer to 1000 pages. 

Because when I go over the suspension bridge I think of the ?. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

You can’t miss it. However, if he had ran past the homeless in the Bear Pit then you’d have a better idea that it was a Rovers fan. Even at birth his obsession with Teds meant her had to run past Ashton Gate for no apparent reason on his way to the club shop to buy a baby grow to put the kid in before the poor child had time to be ******* weighed. That’s the paranoia of Gasheads who know that their club is ****** and dying. It’s comedy gold.

Ted logic. They are known as the robins but want the bridge to identify.

“Ted Logic”? Obviously a Dustbin thread regular. Nothing wrong with a bridge that overlooks the ground being used to identify Bristol City. It makes sense. Like the pirate for you lot - homeless thieving scum - yeah that’s about right too I suppose?

know what you mean but I did not take any notice of that place, I'm just laughing that they think the bridge is theirs. To be fair they find any little thing they can to laugh at us so no change there, I personally laugh that they were formed in 1982

Nowhere near as much as we laughed on 3rd May 2014 when Colin Daniel sent you into the abyss in a Rovers shirt. Laugh? I couldn’t stop. Two divorces, City fans waiting outside for us, punch a horse, banning orders all over the shop. Superb. Some Sags can’t even remember 1982 and we stayed in the league. 1982 is the celebrated saving of our club you ******* donuts. It’s ridiculous how you keep this one going. GHS 15 year olds going on about 1982. ******* belters.

All this is very handy for the sh** at this point in time 
It deflects from the current crisis which history will record as the great choke of 2019 
Now **** off , go and re-count what you’ve spent for no success whatsoever and remember ......only two years left to Europe ....
Deluded, paranoid sleeping giants

Great choke of 2019? Happy for you to forget about the choke of 2018 which was slightly bigger than this one you muppet.

Deluded? - Um, I think you’ll find that’s you lot....Paranoid? - Ramming babies in Rovers baby grows....yep, you again I’m afraid......Sleeping giants? - Nope, think we understand how difficult the Championship is and are realistic, but there is no doubt that we have the facilities to accommodate Premier League football. There is only one Tinpot club that I can think of who are Deluded, Paranoid and think that they are Sleeping Giants.........ahh yes, here we go, and straight from the horse punchers mouth......

We’re sleeping on potential, we all know it. It angers us at times. But it’s part of the fun.

?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

@bodin See below and my previous comments. I only speak the truth when it comes to your club. We don’t make shit up and then believe it. Seeing as you’re not coming for us anytime soon it looks like you lot are singing the other song constantly for 90 minutes! Deluded and obsessed Gasheads. ? ?                         ??

If that was true then maybe you'd have seen more than one comment about it than only one from "PAFC_James." And I wouldn't trust his opinion to be honest, openly admits in his tweets he follows 3 clubs, one of which is Bristol City, so of course he'd say that. 

If you can find a couple more comments all saying the same thing, whether on their forum or twitter or whatever, then I'll believe you. 

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would class Ashton Gate as one of the grounds they’ve previously played “home” games at, because,  they played “home” games there. 

I wasn’t disputing the use of the term ‘home games’ so your sardonic tone is somewhat inappropriate.....the post to which I replied was talking about them ‘selling, stealing and squatting at’ grounds....I simply replied that the few games they played at Ashton Gate when we helped them out after the Eastville fire didn’t really qualify as ‘squatting’ - but I’m glad I gave you the opportunity to display your comic talents...and one of your (only 2 to date) ‘likes’ for your highly humorous response at my expense was sooooo predictable......still, back on topic, the gas’ classy reaction to our helping hand was to try and steal our stadium for bugger all two years later....so sod’em.....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wasn’t disputing the use of the term ‘home games’ so your sardonic tone is somewhat inappropriate.....the post to which I replied was talking about them ‘selling, stealing and squatting at’ grounds....I simply replied that the few games they played at Ashton Gate when we helped them out after the Eastville fire didn’t really qualify as ‘squatting’ - but I’m glad I gave you the opportunity to display your comic talents...and one of your (only 2 to date) ‘likes’ for your highly humorous response at my expense was sooooo predictable......still, back on topic, the gas’ classy reaction to our helping hand was to try and steal our stadium for bugger all two years later....so sod’em.....

Exactly. Sod’em. No need to make cover up excuses for the fact that they squatted at ours, however temporarily. If the had the grace to appreciate the gesture, then it could be have been seen as a positive bond between the 2 clubs, as it is, they showed themselves up as the classless scum that they always have been. 

• Like 1

All this nonsense they keep spouting about us thinking that we have some divine ownership of the Suspendion Bridge...? Where are they getting that idea from..?!

It’s not the Bridge that’s funny, you halfwit deluded idiots, it’s the fact that you’ve got our nationally acclaimed, 27,000 refurbished stadium in the back ground of your own advert, trying to sell tickets to get people to congregate in a tent..!

Morons..!

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Supporters of both come from all over Bristol and surrounding areas for goodness sake, surely the Teds are not afraid of a bit of competition from rag bag Rovers are they?any way anything that winds em up is OK by me,for a club less with less than 40 years of history they should be grateful to have what they have and not be worried about little old Rovers!! 

No Sag, we’re not afraid as we have absolutely nothing to be afraid of. Isn’t it YOU who are supposed to be coming for US? The video didn’t wind us up, we thought it was another hilarious gift to add to the collection. All it has succeeded in doing is pushing the Dustbin thread ever closer to 1000 pages. 

Because when I go over the suspension bridge I think of the ?. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

You can’t miss it. However, if he had ran past the homeless in the Bear Pit then you’d have a better idea that it was a Rovers fan. Even at birth his obsession with Teds meant her had to run past Ashton Gate for no apparent reason on his way to the club shop to buy a baby grow to put the kid in before the poor child had time to be ******* weighed. That’s the paranoia of Gasheads who know that their club is ****** and dying. It’s comedy gold.

Ted logic. They are known as the robins but want the bridge to identify.

“Ted Logic”? Obviously a Dustbin thread regular. Nothing wrong with a bridge that overlooks the ground being used to identify Bristol City. It makes sense. Like the pirate for you lot - homeless thieving scum - yeah that’s about right too I suppose?

know what you mean but I did not take any notice of that place, I'm just laughing that they think the bridge is theirs. To be fair they find any little thing they can to laugh at us so no change there, I personally laugh that they were formed in 1982

Nowhere near as much as we laughed on 3rd May 2014 when Colin Daniel sent you into the abyss in a Rovers shirt. Laugh? I couldn’t stop. Two divorces, City fans waiting outside for us, punch a horse, banning orders all over the shop. Superb. Some Sags can’t even remember 1982 and we stayed in the league. 1982 is the celebrated saving of our club you ******* donuts. It’s ridiculous how you keep this one going. GHS 15 year olds going on about 1982. ******* belters.

All this is very handy for the sh** at this point in time 
It deflects from the current crisis which history will record as the great choke of 2019 
Now **** off , go and re-count what you’ve spent for no success whatsoever and remember ......only two years left to Europe ....
Deluded, paranoid sleeping giants

Great choke of 2019? Happy for you to forget about the choke of 2018 which was slightly bigger than this one you muppet.

Deluded? - Um, I think you’ll find that’s you lot....Paranoid? - Ramming babies in Rovers baby grows....yep, you again I’m afraid......Sleeping giants? - Nope, think we understand how difficult the Championship is and are realistic, but there is no doubt that we have the facilities to accommodate Premier League football. There is only one Tinpot club that I can think of who are Deluded, Paranoid and think that they are Sleeping Giants.........ahh yes, here we go, and straight from the horse punchers mouth......

We’re sleeping on potential, we all know it. It angers us at times. But it’s part of the fun.

?

Great choke of 2019?

Cant remember the last time I heard 6 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats in 11 classed as a choke... 

Edited by JBFC II

Is it just me that really couldn't give a 5hit if a scum player would up the Argyle supporters yesterday? I don't give a monkey's nut for any 'news' about them, just read this thread to take the piss.

If saggies want to post news about their shitty little club, do it on the sag forum FFS and not here as we really don't care. Unless it's something we can take the piss out of (which is most things to be fair) please stop posting stuff on here which we don't want to know, this is a City forum after all, not a pikey, thieving, jealous, paranoid waste of space FC one.

If you want to carry on, please feel free to **** off! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

All this nonsense they keep spouting about us thinking that we have some divine ownership of the Suspendion Bridge...? Where are they getting that idea from..?!

It’s not the Bridge that’s funny, you halfwit deluded idiots, it’s the fact that you’ve got our nationally acclaimed, 27,000 refurbished stadium in the back ground of your own advert, trying to sell tickets to get people to congregate in a tent..!

Morons..!

It’s the same reason they think we are bothered in some way about 1982. They haven’t even got a half decent retort with the sheer amount of gifts that they have given us in recent years. In terms of banter they are 6 foot under!

I was only saying a few weeks ago that they ram their kids in Rovers baby grows and plaster it all over Facebook as it’s the only way that they are ever going to get any future support and then they go and make a corporate video about the very same thing. FPMSL. ? ? ? 

Edited by Gert Mare

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is it just me that really couldn't give a 5hit if a scum player would up the Argyle supporters yesterday? I don't give a monkey's nut for any 'news' about them, just read this thread to take the piss.

If saggies want to post news about their shitty little club, do it on the sag forum FFS and not here as we really don't care. Unless it's something we can take the piss out of (which is most things to be fair) please stop posting stuff on here which we don't want to know, this is a City forum after all, not a pikey, thieving, jealous, paranoid waste of space FC one.

If you want to carry on, please feel free to **** off! 

You care :)

• Like 1

Mo Money, no problems. I’ve taken several newbies to the mem this season and they loved it. The whole identity of the club is unique. They’ve supported all sorts of teams throughout the footballing period and all agree the sense of community found at rovers isn’t replicated too much elsewhere.

I agree with the exception of probably the Ku Klux Klan community of course  ??

Edited by Gert Mare

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Morons..!

Why dont they understand that?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You care :)

I really don't Miah. 

You take this thread in the humour it's meant in but I really don't want it to turn into a gas news thread. 

Why would we give a shit what Argyle fans think of your coach or that one of your players cupped his ear to Plymouth supporters? I really don't give a monkeys and that's not what this thread is about. If, god forbid, I wanted to know what was happening at your hovel, I would read your forum and don't want it on here thanks.

• Like 1

This is so unintentionally ironic it's laughable..

Who is this Bristol City anyway? I've asked around and all people can come up with is a vague notion of a recently formed sh**-smelling bunch of c*unts, owned by a red faced wealthy tax dodging w**ker, playing at the home of Bristol Rugby.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Unan said:

Who is this Bristol City anyway? I've asked around and all people can come up with is a vague notion of a recently formed sh**-smelling bunch of c*unts, owned by a red faced wealthy tax dodging w**ker, playing at the home of Bristol Rugby.

It's not just the irony it's the bitterness as well!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unan said:

You can’t expect them to know a huge amount is these days, kind of like we don’t know a huge amount about the likes of Everton or Tottenham.  

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I really don't Miah. 

You take this thread in the humour it's meant in but I really don't want it to turn into a gas news thread. 

Why would we give a shit what Argyle fans think of your coach or that one of your players cupped his ear to Plymouth supporters? I really don't give a monkeys and that's not what this thread is about. If, god forbid, I wanted to know what was happening at your hovel, I would read your forum and don't want it on here thanks.

"Sky did say in one of their reports that things had got interesting `on and off the pitch`. I think it was after Argyle went 2-1 up. I presume social media will advise us what happened in the fullness of time."

If the person who said this didn't care, they wouldn't be checking social media for it correct? Just wanted to inform them so they didn't have to look.

I'm sure this thread would've been all over it if Clarke or Coughlan were even remotely in the wrong, I mean it was after Taylor's celebration against Oxford. Where the thread deemed him as a "scummy player who was perfect for a scummy club." If only they could have known then they'd sign that scummy player.

I'm just surprised your fans haven't been all over the strong possibility that Adam Johnson could join Rovers. Was all over Gaschat. Rovers have one natural winger and have loaned out their second choice Sam Matthews as soon as Johnson is released, seems a bit too coincidental.

21 minutes ago, bodin said:

"Sky did say in one of their reports that things had got interesting `on and off the pitch`. I think it was after Argyle went 2-1 up. I presume social media will advise us what happened in the fullness of time."

If the person who said this didn't care, they wouldn't be checking social media for it correct? Just wanted to inform them so they didn't have to look.

I'm sure this thread would've been all over it if Clarke or Coughlan were even remotely in the wrong, I mean it was after Taylor's celebration against Oxford. Where the thread deemed him as a "scummy player who was perfect for a scummy club." If only they could have known then they'd sign that scummy player.

I'm just surprised your fans haven't been all over the strong possibility that Adam Johnson could join Rovers. Was all over Gaschat. Rovers have one natural winger and have loaned out their second choice Sam Matthews as soon as Johnson is released, seems a bit too coincidental.

Sags and paedophiles a match made in heaven

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bodin said:

What's the general consensus over there on employing a sex offender, albeit a talented footballer?