IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, bodin said:

I'm just surprised your fans haven't been all over the strong possibility that Adam Johnson could join Rovers. Was all over Gaschat. Rovers have one natural winger and have loaned out their second choice Sam Matthews as soon as Johnson is released, seems a bit too coincidental.

Now, that, with all possible respect, is the sort of information we want on here. Nothing about whether Graham 'final turd' Cockroach is any good or not as we don't give a toss, nothing about how you've played etc, definitely no match reports, just ammunition to rip the piss.

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, bodin said:

"Sky did say in one of their reports that things had got interesting `on and off the pitch`. I think it was after Argyle went 2-1 up. I presume social media will advise us what happened in the fullness of time."

If the person who said this didn't care, they wouldn't be checking social media for it correct? Just wanted to inform them so they didn't have to look.

I'm sure this thread would've been all over it if Clarke or Coughlan were even remotely in the wrong, I mean it was after Taylor's celebration against Oxford. Where the thread deemed him as a "scummy player who was perfect for a scummy club." If only they could have known then they'd sign that scummy player.

I'm just surprised your fans haven't been all over the strong possibility that Adam Johnson could join Rovers. Was all over Gaschat. Rovers have one natural winger and have loaned out their second choice Sam Matthews as soon as Johnson is released, seems a bit too coincidental.

Everything I have ever said about Matty Taylor whilst at Rovers I instantly took back the day we signed him, what a glorious day that was btw more steam coming from your lots boiled piss than Avonmouth Docks.

"Unique" I'll try a few

1-only club to be relegated to non league by a team playing in their own kit

2-only club to have billionaire owner that actually hasn't got any money

3-only club to fail to qualify for the league cup after being knocked out in the qualifying round

4-their ground is certainly unique

That's just off the top of my head, sure there are plenty of other examples of uniqueness

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

I wouldn't want him at my club, they might.

I’m sure they wouldn’t want someone at their club who behaved the that he had. 

I mean, the victim didn’t even have her kids with her at the time. That’s their usual style. 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m sure they wouldn’t want someone at their club who behaved the that he had. 

I mean, the victim didn’t even have her kids with her at the time. That’s their usual style. 

That's the family club you're referring to mind. Of course, there are lots of families from hell, throughout their traditional catchment areas. Whereas, those families from hell in our traditional catchment areas, also support Rovers.

Edited by Rich
addition
  • Like 1

Christ are they really signing Adam Johnson ?

4 hours ago, bodin said:

"Sky did say in one of their reports that things had got interesting `on and off the pitch`. I think it was after Argyle went 2-1 up. I presume social media will advise us what happened in the fullness of time."

If the person who said this didn't care, they wouldn't be checking social media for it correct? Just wanted to inform them so they didn't have to look.

I'm sure this thread would've been all over it if Clarke or Coughlan were even remotely in the wrong, I mean it was after Taylor's celebration against Oxford. Where the thread deemed him as a "scummy player who was perfect for a scummy club." If only they could have known then they'd sign that scummy player.

4 hours ago, bodin said:

Here’s the ready made excuse for their next shit home attendance, boycotting if they do sign Adam Johnson, he’ll fit right in down there though with the type of cricket the fewers play.

Edited by BCFC11

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

"Unique" I'll try a few

1-only club to be relegated to non league by a team playing in their own kit

2-only club to have billionaire owner that actually hasn't got any money

3-only club to fail to qualify for the league cup after being knocked out in the qualifying round

4-their ground is certainly unique

That's just off the top of my head, sure there are plenty of other examples of uniqueness

Another of my faves was when they went out of the Anglo-Italian cup in 92/93 on the toss of a coin, but they weren’t even present, the coin toss was done over the phone from Roots Hall after West Ham had played a tie there and they had to trust the result! Alvin Martin was in the ref’s room as West Ham skipper and called ‘heads’ - gas representatives on the end of a phone had to believe he got it correct! Out of an international cup competition on the flip of a coin! Another priceless ‘unique’ sag moment of  which to be ‘prowed’....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Another of my faves was when they went out of the Anglo-Italian cup in 92/93 on the toss of a coin, but they weren’t even present, the coin toss was done over the phone from Roots Hall after West Ham had played a tie there and they had to trust the result! Alvin Martin was in the ref’s room as West Ham skipper and called ‘heads’ - gas representatives on the end of a phone had to believe he got it correct! Out of an international cup competition on the flip of a coin! Another priceless ‘unique’ sag moment of  which to be ‘prowed’....

To be fair atleast they qualified for that one! Can’t say the same for the league cup, only league club not to even qualify! ?

Unique? I’d say so 

I was wondering upthread what had happened to their AGM and it seems I'm not alone as it was March 19th last year and still hasn't been announced.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14110/agm

The required date for filing accounts at Companies' House is nine months after the end of the relevant accounting period so for their 30 June 2018 accounts that's 31 March 2019 or rather this Friday as that's the last working day.

This level of delay is unusual and suggests material uncertainty in the accounts meaning that they're going to the wire.

Two possible reasons come to my mind:

New owners are imminent so they are being held back as this would be a material post balance sheet event so would need to go in the notes.

Or the usual guarantee of financial support for the next year may not have been forthcoming meaning that the accounts can't be drawn up on the "going concern" basis.

Or they could just be trying to generate interest in a dull set of accounts by holding them back until the last minute; and they've succeeded with that one anyway.

45 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I was wondering upthread what had happened to their AGM and it seems I'm not alone as it was March 19th last year and still hasn't been announced.

The required date for filing accounts at Companies' House is nine months after the end of the relevant accounting period so for their 30 June 2018 accounts that's 31 March 2019 or rather this Friday as that's the last working day.

This level of delay is unusual and suggests material uncertainty in the accounts meaning that they're going to the wire.

New owners are imminent so they are being held back as this would be a material post balance sheet event so would need to go in the notes.

Or the usual guarantee of financial support for the next year may not have been forthcoming meaning that the accounts can't be drawn up on the "going concern" basis.

Or they could just be trying to generate interest in a dull set of accounts by holding them back until the last minute; and they've succeeded with that one anyway.

In the past, I’ve had to wait until the very last minutes to get my accounts done, because I’ve not had the money spare to pay the accountants to do them. 

Thats sounds like the most likely case for them too..!

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I was told by a very good source (within R*vers) that this Friday 29/03/19, Wally would make his exit announcement :gasmask: ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

So is this the end game for the 15ers?

Doubt it. For all his monetary restrictions, Wally does seem to be a football fan. Granted, a fan of Chelsea, but a fan all the same.

Can't imagine for one moment he would see the Fewers fail. If they are moving on, they might well end up taking a loss overall. I would be surprised if they walked away in profit.

30 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I was told by a very good source (within R*vers) that this Friday 29/03/19, Wally would make his exit announcement :gasmask: ? 

I too was told this.

The sale will be to a middle eastern billionaire making them the 6th richest club in the world, unlucky da shit he said. Oh hold on...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Gazred said:

Hence the question. I reckon they would.

There's an argument to be made for the rehabilitation of people into society as he's served his time, and he may have served less had he not been a professional footballer. So I can kind of understand the argument for why to.

But there's many more reasons for why not. Football players are supposed to be role models, he's not one. The negative traction he would bring to the club would divide a club that has become together (so far) under Coughlan. And even from a footballing standpoint, he's been in prison for years, it'll take months for him to get back to full fitness, by which time it won't even be worth it.