Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So people phone every day to talk about investing 😂😂😂 of course they do. 

Nah, that's the debt collectors calling

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

So people phone every day to talk about investing 😂😂😂 of course they do. 

The conversations start with ..... “we are calling about the car accident you had recently....”

• Haha 1

The gifts your weird supporters keep on giving @bodin ark at this one, tad deluded this one......

were not crap? Well the fans aren’t,best thing about this football club
We’re CRAP as you put it cause we always end up with tight fookers 
Look where Bournemouth are now? We’re a bigger club than them they just have someone willing to spendp

We held talks, nothing concrete came from it, so we stuck up a couple of tents instead to keep our special fans happy 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

We held talks, nothing concrete came from it, so we stuck up a couple of tents instead to keep our special fans happy 

‘Nothing concrete.....we stuck up tents’ - loving your work there....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

‘Nothing concrete.....we stuck up tents’ - loving your work there....

It's like shooting fish in a barrel to be honest! 

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The conversations start with ..... “we are calling about the car accident you had recently....”

More likely to be a knock on the door by a duffer(someone who sales things door to door out of a catalogue,for you younger ones) wanting his weekly payment,and all the R***** staff dive behind the sofa, pretending there’s no one in.

On 12/03/2019 at 22:36, Sniper said:

Get the **** off our forum you ******* bell-end. You're a ******* embarrassment to Bristol.

The sooner you go into Administration and disappear up your own shite pipe the better.

If it wasn't for my Mrs, she's 5ft 2 (I'm 6ft 2 and 17st of rage) and just about keeps my temper in check I'd be in a lot of trouble. Whenever I see one of you sad pathetic ******* in that puke up shirt I just want to rip your face off. Lucky for the **** in B&Q the other day as he nearly had some decking :laugh:

Hahaha I do try to just browse this place and not comment anymore but this post says a lot more about your pathetic life than it does Rovers fans/or just rivalries in general.

I'd you genuinely feel like that after seeing a opposing fan in his colours then you have a lot of growing up to do, Mr Rage x

• Like 7

14 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

The gifts your weird supporters keep on giving @bodin ark at this one, tad deluded this one......

were not crap? Well the fans aren’t,best thing about this football club
We’re CRAP as you put it cause we always end up with tight fookers 
Look where Bournemouth are now? We’re a bigger club than them they just have someone willing to spendp

The "bigger than Bournemouth" crap again... :facepalm:

Attendance_rubbish.thumb.jpg.e95d374c390b719d647ae46a93e28e40.jpg

The graph here is from a post I made in this thread where they claimed they were bigger than Swansea, Huddersfield and Bournemouth. For reference the gas attendance line is yellow and black, since I am aware they once had an away kit those colours. 🤣🤣🤣

With Regard to Bournemouth - They were historically a similar size and there was little to choose between the clubs (similar attendances etc).  Some seasons the gas had higher attendances, sometimes the cherries did.

However since 2014 Bournemouth have left them wael and truly behind. I know they may argue with investment they could be as big as Bournemouth again but that would need an implosion at Bournemouth or the Gas to invest, get promoted twice and for their fans to actually turn up. None of these things are looking paritcularly likely at the moment are they?

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

More likely to be a knock on the door by a duffer(someone who sales things door to door out of a catalogue,for you younger ones) wanting his weekly payment,and all the R***** staff dive behind the sofa, pretending there’s no one in.

When we were kids in the 50s/60s we were experts at diving out of site when the door was knocked.

But in all fairness one duffer who called for years joined the company I was an apprentice for as a van driver. He didn't say a word to the other employees though.

• Haha 1

So Wael's revealing interview has revealed nothing again, yet the Sags still seem to think he has something to offer them. Just more secret non-existent plans. Will they ever learn 😃😃

Non league set up with a non league owner.  They may just stay up this season, though my money is still on them being relegated to div 4 again.

Still they have their training ground in La La Land I suppose and they were badly let down by the UWE project because the watertight contract debacle was someone elses fault just like Matty Taylors release clause 😃

Edited by wendyredredrobin

Is "concrete" today's special word? Or is Wael giving us an insight into what Dwane Developments or Wiztek have planned for the ground so the word is muchly on his mind.

"As of yet, there's nobody like that. There has been people, there have been talks, but again, there's nothing concrete."

"Nothing concrete happened after that, so, again, lots of people come in and talk.

"All you can do is listen and you talk but, as for anything being concrete, nothing has been concrete."

Wiztek

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10664221/filing-history

Dwane Developments

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11253528/filing-history

Rovers, accounts to end June 2018 due by the end of March.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

45 minutes ago, redysteadygo1 said:

When we were kids in the 50s/60s we were experts at diving out of site when the door was knocked.

But in all fairness one duffer who called for years joined the company I was an apprentice for as a van driver. He didn't say a word to the other employees though.

And us😄,but in the seventies.

Edited by NOTBLUE

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

...and us, yesterday 😇

Duffer or the rent man?

Can someone explain why the non development of the training ground is somehow linked to the non development of the new stadium?

If you wanted to progress as a club, regardless of the whereabouts of the pie in the sky new stadium, which according to Wael is not linked, why would you not start by improving your playing side by providing better facilities to help develop the playing side, especially as you already own the land? Probably because they have other plans for that land, along with the rugby ground.

Sorry but, the BBC have once more given this person an easy ride, instead of pressing him for definite answers, shows how cosy BRFC are with the local media. Could you imagine the time a representative of BCFC would have, if he/she were giving out so much bullshit. Having said that, long may it continue with the ever diminishing threat from the dark side of town plainly obvious for all to see, apart from the deluded blue few.

🤣

3 minutes ago, edada said:

So, here’s the header to their frequently asked questions section about season tickets. Interesting choice of background!😂😂😂

D2BED254-AA24-43BF-9999-1E7315D725FD.png

Oh, the Gift. You just couldn't make it up.🤣

Edited by Mangled Wurzel
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, edada said:

So, here’s the header to their frequently asked questions section about season tickets. Interesting choice of background!😂😂😂

How majestic is that?! Gift wrapped with a bow n everything......

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, edada said:

Oh for ***** sake! 😂😂😂😂

You’d have thought at least ONE of them would’ve noticed?

Circus.

Just when you think the ‘gifts’ have started to dry up...

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, edada said:

Got to be a City fan in their admin team. Otherwise that’s unbelievably comical!

What would you associate most with City? Clifton suspension bridge and Ashton Gate you say...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, edada said:

That is brilliant! 

Bravo to the City fan in the sags marketing department. :clap:

They really don't help themselves do they? 

• Haha 3

...and it actually shows a Sag running towards our stadium. 

I think we’ve finally broken them.

Sub text ... give me a proper stadium, I just can’t face any more of those tents, garden sheds and plastic chairs.

How do they do it! 

Taken with a telephoto lens so that the effect of lens foreshortening makes the fully floodlit Ashton Gate seem huge in the background. Technically speaking that is a fantastic Gift.

9 minutes ago, Flounder said:

Taken with a telephoto lens so that the effect of lens foreshortening makes the fully floodlit Ashton Gate seem huge in the background. Technically speaking that is a fantastic Gift.

Doesn’t look ‘huge’ to me....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Doesn’t look ‘huge’ to me....

You're coming from a city viewpoint. 

For a gashead that's massive

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That is brilliant! 

Bravo to the City fan in the sags marketing department. :clap:

They really don't help themselves do they? 

I thought that was photoshopped but it's really there on their site. Yet another gift. Hilarious.

4 hours ago, edada said:

😂😂😂

Yet many wonder why this thread even exists, I for one am not obsessed with our tinpot rivals, but they continue to roll out absolute gems like this on a regular basis, it’s hard not to take the p!ss, gifts like this would be the only thing I’d miss if they went pop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityal said:

I thought that was photoshopped but it's really there on their site. Yet another gift. Hilarious.

.....and then there's the whole of south Bristol beyond.

Priceless.

Oh thank you … the Gas.

This thread has just got good again! 

(we don't need anymore silly nit picking tit for tat posts, wtf are we interested in dumb arse point scoring re crowd sizes etc for?.... it's like 'arry Enfields 'considerably richer than thou' character sketches, the joke wears thin after the first dozen or so variations of the same shite.)  

Not when the Gas continue to give us 'concrete' gifts like those above.

Why would 'investor's' interested in a canvas based premises be talking concrete? specially when they realise it would be money down the Dwane anyway.

And that Frequently Asked Questions photo.. FFS that's priceless on so many levels.

Infact I have a question, why use a photo of a Gashead staring towards an actual football stadium as if he's never seen one before? it's like he's just spotted an alien spaceship or something landing in town.

Makes no more sense than if a McDonalds Big Mac advert featured a pic of a BK Whopper.

Oh, thankyou, thankyou Gas, the gifts, the gifts are back yay!     

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

QUESTION 1 - Is it possible to get a season ticket online to watch quality football in Bristol during the 2019/20 season?

Yes, just click on this link - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/201920-season-cards-last-renewals-weekend/

Maybe the whole administration department has been infiltrated by 'Teds?

Steady on Sir Colin,  quality?  really?  hmm that's stretching things a bit lately mate (trade descriptions, advertising standards etc)   Don't forget this is Otib afterall .. 

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Steady on Sir Colin,  quality?  really?  hmm that's stretching things a bit lately mate (trade descriptions, advertising standards etc)   Don't forget this is Otib afterall .. 

It is the OTIB equivalent of Gas Logic! Anything that involves taking the piss out of them can involve a pinch of comedic license

11 hours ago, edada said:

That is just absolute 100% pure gold. You really couldn't make it up could you 😂

They'll be disappointed when they get there next season - "it looked bigger than this in the picture, and I'm sure that there was a bridge overlooking the ground somewhere."

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Don't know. We hid for over an hour.

The skeleton of World Champion Hide an Seek star Edmund Godfrey was today discovered after thirty years following the opening match  of the H and S World Cup  in Olan Bhoutan. 

In the understairs cupboard.

So obvious no one looked .

We tip our hats to a great champion .

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, edada said:

They’ve somehow sullied the image of our magnificent stadium.

:disapointed2se:

• Like 1

Any other company/team and that sort of thing would be taken straight off the site once word got around. 

Amazed to see it still on there. Getting their website a few extra clicks though I guess. Genius.  

14 hours ago, edada said:

Hahaha.

There must be one of us on their media team. I can't believe they have done that, well, I can - but either way...

8 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Why would 'investor's' interested in a canvas based premises be talking concrete? specially when they realise it would be money down the Dwane anyway.....

Superb turn of phrase.....that’s got mileage! Good work!

• Like 1

That has to rank as one of the biggest marketing gaffes ever😂. I agree with Rovers fans tbf, their club is truly “special and unique”!!

Tbf though they were comparing themselves with Tottenham recently in terms of stadium expenditure  so probably took advice from them on marketing and as a result I look forward to the Spurs season ticket flyer complete with image of The Emirates.......:

Edited by Numero Uno

FAQ Q19. What is included in my Season Ticket?

Your season ticket entitles you to access to (sic) all SkyBet Home League One fixtures only

Nice to see they’re confident that they’ve already avoided relegation. Wycombe anybody?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

FAQ Q19. What is included in my Season Ticket?

Your season ticket entitles you to access to (sic) all SkyBet Home League One fixtures only

Nice to see they’re confident that they’ve already avoided relegation. Wycombe anybody?

Or if they get relegated, they have to buy a new ticket.

• Like 1