IGNORED

So what happens if......

We finish higher than 18th this year or with a higher points total ie 53?

I guess we all hope we have turned the corner performance wise and that we have a strong finish to the season. Another 12 points would give us 53 points. Would the club class this as progress on last season. What would the spin be in it? Would a strong finish to the season allow the club to say that all is progressing as planned?

11 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

I guess we all hope we have turned the corner performance wise and that we have a strong finish to the season. Another 12 points would give us 53 points. Would the club class this as progress on last season. What would the spin be in it? Would a strong finish to the season allow the club to say that all is progressing as planned?

What a bizarrely pointless thread!

I thought there might be something interesting or constructive, but alas, just another thread criticising something that hasn't even happened..!

16 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

he'd get until xmas

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What a bizarrely pointless thread!

I thought there might be something interesting or constructive, but alas, just another thread criticising something that hasn't even happened..!

disagree, its a valid question

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

disagree, its a valid question

It might be valid IF we beat last season and IF the club start claiming that it's progress. 

I cant believe anyone would claim it's been a season of progress ON the pitch, even if we were to finish on more points and 15th/16th place. 

They'd certainly be able to claim that it bodes well for next season though. Although I think most of us felt that way during the end of last season. 

I would say that whatever happens during the rest of the season, a lot will have been learned during this season. 

Let's hope they are lessons that we use to improve IN the Championship next season, not trying to get back to it! 

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It might be valid IF we beat last season and IF the club start claiming that it's progress. 

I cant believe anyone would claim it's been a season of progress ON the pitch, even if we were to finish on more points and 15th/16th place. 

They'd certainly be able to claim that it bodes well for next season though. Although I think most of us felt that way during the end of last season. 

I would say that whatever happens during the rest of the season, a lot will have been learned during this season. 

Let's hope they are lessons that we use to improve IN the Championship next season, not trying to get back to it! 

I agree with the sentiment and yes there are lots of ifs and buts between now and the end of the season. However it is now at least possible that we could beat last seasons points haul. Just really asking whether if this happens then the season can be re-evaluated and count as small progress on last season.

5 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

I agree with the sentiment and yes there are lots of ifs and buts between now and the end of the season. However it is now at least possible that we could beat last seasons points haul. Just really asking whether if this happens then the season can be re-evaluated and count as small progress on last season.

In that case, my apologies. I read your OP as a dig, putting words in the clubs' mouth. 

I suppose it would be nice to improve on last seasons finish and after all that has gone on this season, it would show some turn around.

A positive..? I suppose, in some ways, that we had enough about us to recover. 

Something to celebrate? Not really. Once the (hopefully) relief of survival, which is fine to celebrate at the time, because of how things looked a month ago, we need to learn and progress from an ultimately dissapointing season. 

This season we've set a record for the worst run of consecutive defeats in our entire history.

We lost 13 out of 16 (was it?) games at one point.

As a season ticket holder, I'm looking for value for my money - have we put a single 90 minute performance worthy of the name together at Ashton Gate season?

If we did, the memory has been obliterated by the far too many pitiful ones.

There's dissent in the stands and believable rumours of unrest in the dressing room.

The best qualified Coach at the club has left.

It's now a cosy mates' club running BCFC, an echo chamber of mutual fluffing and back slapping.

We've been embroiled in yet another relegation battle and an easily avoidable one at that if only we'd had anyone half way competent in charge of the team.

Yet I've no doubt the Bristol Sport machine will declare that we have indeed made progress, probably somewhere behind the scenes but palpably not where it matters most - on the field of play.

And this will just be yet another example of how they feel free to spout shite at us.

Funnily enough, I had my end of year appraisal today - if BCFC were having theirs, it would be 0 out of 10 from me.

Happy days. Time for a lie down.

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

This season we've set a record for the worst run of consecutive defeats in our entire history.

We lost 13 out of 16 (was it?) games at one point.

As a season ticket holder, I'm looking for value for my money - have we put a single 90 minute performance worthy of the name together at Ashton Gate season?

If we did, the memory has been obliterated by the far too many pitiful ones.

There's dissent in the stands and believable rumours of unrest in the dressing room.

The best qualified Coach at the club has left.

It's now a cosy mates' club running BCFC, an echo chamber of mutual fluffing and back slapping.

We've been embroiled in yet another relegation battle and an easily avoidable one at that if only we'd had anyone half way competent in charge of the team.

Yet I've no doubt the Bristol Sport machine will declare that we have indeed made progress, probably somewhere behind the scenes but palpably not where it matters most - on the field of play.

And this will just be yet another example of how they feel free to spout shite at us.

Funnily enough, I had my end of year appraisal today - if BCFC were having theirs, it would be 0 out of 10 from me.

Happy days. Time for a lie down.

Results picked up when the best coach at the club left though,

and you must of missed huddersfield last week

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

from who? The fans have already decided his fate in their minds and the board have set their stall out on it, he doesnt seem to be going anywhere unless we're rock bottom at Xmas maybe

The one who matters most, lansdown 

I hope we stay up and Johnson leaves is what I'd like to see

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Results picked up when the best coach at the club left though,

and you must of missed huddersfield last week

Yes they have - so far. Doesn't mean we'll stay up. And whether we do or not, we have still got rid of our best qualified Coach. Which was my point.

As for Huddersfield, I went out for a curry. Yes I regret it now. (Should have had the bhuna not the rogan josh).

1 hour ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Your op would have more sense if you had posted the above in the first place......

9 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes they have - so far. Doesn't mean we'll stay up. And whether we do or not, we have still got rid of our best qualified Coach. Which was my point.

As for Huddersfield, I went out for a curry. Yes I regret it now. (Should have had the bhuna not the rogan josh).

did you go out for a Chinese when we played Fulham away?

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Name of the thread is "what happens IF...?"

20 hours ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

I think that's about the points total we'll get.  Sadly next year I see us getting less and going down.

Archived