IGNORED

Student Rugby At AG Last Night

Up The City!

1 minute ago, cider head said:

Carnage eh?? Drunken students? Trying to pinch tills by jumping the bar? Not respecting the staff eh?? Fighting each other? Hmmm and football fans in recent times have had 3 to 5 year banning orders for much less, fairs, fair I say and kick their bloody doors in at 6am after seeing their mug shots across websites and newspapers from cctv. ;) 

Issue banning orders from BS3.  Get them reporting to police stations on Wednesday afternoons...

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Issue banning orders from BS3.  Get them reporting to police stations on Wednesday afternoons...

Get them to surrender their passport as well or all their cheap student money discount cards and banned from student club nights out with in any 3 mile radius with 3 hour curfew before and after.

• Admin
1 hour ago, The Bard said:

It was really noisy for that kind of attendance. I think there was a women's match followed by a men's match as it was noisy a 6pm. That's at least 4 hours drinking during the rugby...  No wonder it kicked off..

There is normally three matches back to back - so many were on the sherbert for a long time

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Absolute Carnage!!

That's the only way to describe it!!

Lasst night at AG it was Bristol Uni V UWE. 2000 students all drunk, unsegerated, not enough staff or security. 

Fights, flares the lot, it was just a pack of wild animals. Riot police had to turn up in the end!!

Had there been scenes like that at football there would be arrests and banning orders issued.

After witnessing that give me football fans any day of the week.

Should be easy to identify as they've all appeared on Pointless at one time or another.

There really are a lot of half-sharps on this thread.

Some of these students are top boys probably forgotten more than most of you know, once they've got the taste for some toe to toe, dodging the OB, keeping it ITK, and STILL using the gentleman's code (don't hit any scarfers, women or babies) a 2.2 won't seem so bad.

29 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

There really are a lot of half-sharps on this thread.

Some of these students are top boys probably forgotten more than most of you know, once they've got the taste for some toe to toe, dodging the OB, keeping it ITK, and STILL using the gentleman's code (don't hit any scarfers, women or babies) a 2.2 won't seem so bad.

I'm ITK, this is what happened . Fact. End of.

The Uni crew got into a boozer by AG and plotted up away from OB, made the call to the UWE top boys who had got in early doors and taken over the bar.............Uni marched in,were outnumbered but all sound lads who wouldn't take a backward step and fronted up UWE who were - to be fair game as **** - they went toe to toe but were ran in the end. OB then arrived and Uni had it with OB, some mug shirters caught a few slaps, but it was Uni's day....................full story will be in their forthcoming hoolie book

keep it real

I will stick my neck out here and predict nothing will happen to them. :comando:

At worst they will appear in court with their mums full of remorse, where it will be established that they have attended some posh institutional school and never been involved in trouble before. Later we will find out that their father has some obscure title and belongs to a society which includes some of the judges, they regularly meet up on a Friday afternoon on the golf course. Heir to the throne will accept a suspended 6 month sentence and fine for almost killing someone and costing thousands of pounds worth of damage. Next time we see them in public life they will be running a multi national at the age of 21. Cynical, me?

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I'm ITK, this is what happened . Fact. End of.

The Uni crew got into a boozer by AG and plotted up away from OB, made the call to the UWE top boys who had got in early doors and taken over the bar.............Uni marched in,were outnumbered but all sound lads who wouldn't take a backward step and fronted up UWE who were - to be fair game as **** - they went toe to toe but were ran in the end. OB then arrived and Uni had it with OB, some mug shirters caught a few slaps, but it was Uni's day....................full story will be in their forthcoming hoolie book

keep it real

I heard a slightly different story.

UWE owned the turf and were prepared to let the other lot on to their turf in exchange for naming rights.

The top boys other lot postured and tried to convince their band of followers the deal was on track. And that the top boys would get some top investment.

In the end, they squared everything away with a new tent and the promise to turn a former pig farm in to a new top boys training facility.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

This will go unreported as usual unless City fans were involved.

Hello.
Sorry to invade this thread. I'm a reporter on the Post and am doing a report on what went on. And the report will make it very clear it wasn't football or City fans! 
If anyone was there, or knows about it, either reply here or call me (please!) 0117 9343262.

If any spectators at any sport want to play up then that's their look out but what I would like to see is the same punishment rules dished out to other sports as football fans get as a deterrent then maybe you won't get the rise in trouble like you are getting at rugby matches and even race horse venues.

Fairs fair ;)

Interesting https://www.thestudentsunion.co.uk/varsity/varsity-oath/

7 minutes ago, screech said:

I will stick my neck out here and predict nothing will happen to them. :comando:

At worst they will appear in court with their mums full of remorse, where it will be established that they have attended some posh institutional school and never been involved in trouble before. Later we will find out that their father has some obscure title and belongs to a society which includes some of the judges, they regularly meet up on a Friday afternoon on the golf course. Heir to the throne will accept a suspended 6 month sentence and fine for almost killing someone and costing thousands of pounds worth of damage. Next time we see them in public life they will be running a multi national at the age of 21. Cynical, me?

I've been told a few were expelled last year, so I would imagine a few will be finding them future looking very bleak in the next few weeks.

8 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

Hello.
Sorry to invade this thread. I'm a reporter on the Post and am doing a report on what went on. And the report will make it very clear it wasn't football or City fans! 
If anyone was there, or knows about it, either reply here or call me (please!) 0117 9343262.

Liar.

There are no reporters at the Post.

Why don't you do the usual copy/paste hatchet job from Reddit, but be sure to take some time to put a few typographical errors in there so it looks like original content.

9 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

Hello.

Are you the new Stocky?

Just now, Super said:

Are you the new Stocky?

Just now, Super said:

Are you the new Stocky? 

God no! I'm the news reporter for BS3. I would love to get Stocky's job - getting paid to watch City for free! - but alas no, I do news, not sport. Yesterday I was reporting on the fact the swings in Greville Smyth Park are getting taken away after 50 years. 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Liar.

There are no reporters at the Post.

Why don't you do the usual copy/paste hatchet job from Reddit, but be sure to take some time to put a few typographical errors in there so it looks like original content.

No it is true. I am real. A real reporter, trying to report on what went on at the Gate last night. It's obviously made harder by the fact that I wasn't there, mind. 

3 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

No it is true. I am real. A real reporter, trying to report on what went on at the Gate last night. It's obviously made harder by the fact that I wasn't there, mind. 

Just run with a load of BS stories from here that's what Stocky did.

God no! I'm the news reporter for BS3. I would love to get Stocky's job - getting paid to watch City for free! - but alas no, I do news, not sport. Yesterday I was reporting on the fact the swings in Greville Smyth Park are getting taken away after 50 years. 

Swings and roundabouts innit.

12 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

So the one event last night that went on in BS3 wasn't covered by the dedicated BS3 reporter?

Or were you up the spotted cow looking for breast feeding mothers.

13 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

Just rely on heresay and guesswork. That's what a lot of journos do.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just rely on heresay and guesswork. That's what a lot of journos do.

Ha ha, yes, well, I'd rather not. Hence why I would really appreciate anyone with information about what went on to get in touch.
It seems that the 'trouble' happened in the concourse more than in the stands. So the people organising the match from the universities might be able to claim they didn't know.

@Tristan Cork

Course, if you want to be a 'proper' Bristol Post reporter, the trick is to rerun old stories and hope no one notices.

For example, you have as one of your lead stories today how a wedding guest attacked a best man with a glass.

Which just happens to be the same story the Post ran on the 26th September 2016

With breaking news of this quality I'll be amazed if Donald Trump doesn't table a bid to take the paper over. 

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The exact same happened when it was played at the Mem last season. Probably best to make it alcohol free in future.

Whilst I understand your point of view I have many times in my life Have drunk more than I should have but never got into any trouble , those who want violence can do it sober and those who become superman after a few drinks will take part.

Archived