IGNORED

Preston away, can we win?

reddogkev

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Ok, Wolves?

Wolves are in better form than us.

Our only hope is Alan Pardew and it ain't happening.

You have to pay for a proper manager, which is why we have Lee: cheap and shit.

Sorry I can't give better news.

tfj

2 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Wolves are in better form than us.

Our only hope is Alan Pardew and it ain't happening.

You have to pay for a proper manager, which is why we have Lee: cheap and shit.

Sorry I can't give better news.

tfj

I can't for one single second believe our only hope is Alan Pardew.  Surely there have to be other solutions.  For what it's worth, I feel we will stay up, but every defeat in the final 2 months is going to fill us all with dread and panic. 

Just now, reddogkev said:

I can't for one single second believe our only hope is Alan Pardew.  Surely there have to be other solutions.  For what it's worth, I feel we will stay up, but every defeat in the final 2 months is going to fill us all with dread and panic. 

I know we have just lost, and things are bleak, but you are coming across extremely needy.

I am not sure I am the right person to help you.

:dunno:

tfj

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Course we can. With Wigan losing again today and Rotherham mathematically relegated there's only one spot left, we've got to go into all these last games with our chins up ready to fight. Roll on Tuesday. COYR

Good man, I like your spirit.

So one defeat after a run of four unbeaten and suddenly we have no chance of winning again?

Has the Huddersfield win taught people nothing about the unpredictability of this division?

Is no one capable of taking a broader view or must all opinions be based entirely on emotion in the immediate wake of a defeat? Plenty of twist and turns to come.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So one defeat after a run of four unbeaten and suddenly we have no chance of winning again?

Has the Huddersfield win taught people nothing about the unpredictability of this division?

Is no one capable of taking a broader view or must all opinions be based entirely on emotion in the immediate wake of a defeat? Plenty of twist and turns to come.

Does the performance as much as the result not concern you

If we can't be bothered off the back of those 4 games and a performance and result against Huddersfield what does that say ?

That concerns me massively 

Why do we think that they are going to suddenly 'pull a performance out' again 

Performance wide Huddersfield was a one off as it stands

Id suggest there's a suspicion that a few egos decided to perform as the cameras were there - or at least it's looking that way

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We were dire, that's all I'm basing it on.

It's going to be a long way to Preston and back I think. Of course the journey always seems better when you are bringing back a point or three, but as I've only seen 1 away win this season I'm not expecting too much. I don't think we've had too much joy from Preston lately either

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

It's going to be a long way to Preston and back I think. Of course the journey always seems better when you are bringing back a point or three, but as I've only seen 1 away win this season I'm not expecting too much. I don't think we've had too much joy from Preston lately either

If offered the draw in advance, would you take it?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Does the performance as much as the result not concern you

If we can't be bothered off the back of those 4 games and a performance and result against Huddersfield what does that say ?

That concerns me massively 

Why do we think that they are going to suddenly 'pull a performance out' again 

Performance wide Huddersfield was a one off as it stands

Id suggest there's a suspicion that a few egos decided to perform as the cameras were there - or at least it's looking that way

I can't comment on the performance in detail as I wasn't there but I'm not denying it sounded very poor. Point is, there will inevitably be ups and downs on the run-in and today was a down. The Wigan win wasn't a glorious performance but we still managed to win - we may see that again, we may see another Huddersfield, we may see another Brentford. But we have ground out some results recently and we may do again.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I can't comment on the performance in detail as I wasn't there but I'm not denying it sounded very poor. Point is, there will inevitably be ups and downs on the run-in and today was a down. The Wigan win wasn't a glorious performance but we still managed to win - we may see that again, we may see another Huddersfield, we may see another Brentford. But we have ground out some results recently and we may do again.

Appreciate we may / could  etc etc

But based on evidence do you have a belief that we will - Big difference from may

Off the back of a mini unbeaten run and the performance and result last time out , the fact that we simply didn't turn up for 45 mins and a team with little to play for made it look as if they were playing for their lives rather than our bunch of disinterested jokers rings one massive alarm bell for me

absolutely zero excuses for not being at it today , regardless of the end result - Shouts relegation to me

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Appreciate we may / could  etc etc

But based on evidence do you have a belief that we will - Big difference from may

Off the back of a mini unbeaten run and the performance and result last time out , the fact that we simply didn't turn up for 45 mins and a team with little to play for made it look as if they were playing for their lives rather than our bunch of disinterested jokers rings one massive alarm bell for me

absolutely zero excuses for not being at it today , regardless of the end result - Shouts relegation to me

I honestly don't know what do expect! But I would say that we were poor at Villa (I was there) and went unbeaten in four after that. Who know what's to come. I don't think I'd put any money on any outcome at the moment.

They are unbeaten at home this year, we are pretty shit away from home.

No...but if we do anything to give ourselves a chance we should start with Wilbs, he has scored up there 2 years running and got one against them at home earlier this season.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They are unbeaten at home this year, we are pretty shit away from home.

No...but if we do anything to give ourselves a chance we should start with Wilbs, he has scored up there 2 years running and got one against them at home earlier this season.

Agree Graham

Drop the overweight ego and play two up front 

We are in danger of dropping with a whimper - play two up and get on the front foot

40 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Trust me when I say, we will not play a team as poor as Wigan for the rest of this season and possibly next.

13 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Trust me when I say, we will not play a team as poor as Wigan for the rest of this season and possibly next.

Or to simplify it - Huddersfield was the only decent 90min performance we've put in , in months

Even ignoring the pitiful results / points return 

One 

One 

One 90 min performance

In months !!!!

incredible

I said post Huddersfield play like that and we won't go down but we would know more in the following games whether it was a one off (Playing for Sky cameras ?) 

Today was chilling for me - poor result but the performance / attitude was what really sent a cold shiver down the spine

Stinks of  Relegation  

Archived