IGNORED

Wipe the slate clean?

JacobsBS3

Don't get me wrong, this season has been bad. One of promise but ultimately, sadly, underachievement.

LJ is here for the duration now and will either keep us up or take us down.

If he does keep us up would you be willing to put 2016/17 behind you and give him another chance to take us forward? Or is your mind made up that he's just not up to the job?

Following our slight upturn in fortunes before today I was airing towards the former.

However, that first half performance with a fresh, fully fit and supposedly up beat squad, was unforgivable.

Renewed the other day too, what a ******* mug.

Very upset with the club for screwing it up....again.

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm not surprised by this result. For as long as I can remember we have always done badly after an international break. I would have much rather had us have a game 2 games after the Huddersfield game than have 2 weeks off.

Hindsight is wonderful tho,if we had been thumped by Huddersfield then we would be saying thank god for the international break to get them working together over two weeks,scrap that thinking after today :laugh:

If we do stay up and LJ stays on, the fans will obviously be overly antsy from the get-go. So he'll have to hit the ground running from the off, and maintain a high level throughout the entire season (which is hard to imagine given how tactically inept he's been this season) otherwise, the toxic energy flowing around the club right now will be back again in no time, and worse than ever.

Would be criminal to start a new season under those circumstances, but unfortunately, I think that'll be the case. 

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I'm not surprised by this result. For as long as I can remember we have always done badly after an international break. I would have much rather had us have a game 2 games after the Huddersfield game than have 2 weeks off.

Your memory is short term and poor then. Last season on October 16th we beat Forrest 2-0 after a 2 week break. 

9 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

He's a bit like the Hokey Cokey. Beat Preston and everyone will forget again till we loose

Speak for 'yourself' squire (perhaps you excluded). I truly believe we City fans are not a fickle bunch; we have overwhelmingly made our mind up on Johnson and I mean its not as if we have been impatient or anything. lolz.

If, by some remarkable turn around, we manage to scrape clear this season nothing short of automatic promotion next season, to the Prem, will change my mind and that of countless others and probably the majority. I suspect Ashton is also miles out of his depth as well so, for me, they should both go and as soon as possible unless SL wants to spend more millions on fairly decent players in the close season only for them to be mis-managed and de-motivated in quick fashion. It truly is a sorry sorry tale we are witnessing here.

In answer to the OP, yes I think I would be willing to wipe the slate clean and appreciate I will be in a minority here.

However if we stay up this season which I am confident we still will do by the way, I think this season could actually help Johnson become a better manager. 

I am by no means a Johnson fan but personally for him this season could not be any tougher, since December he has had to deal with a fan base which has nearly completely turned against him, oversaw the worst losing run in our history but yet has still managed to keep us in with a very realistic chance of staying in this league. That takes some mental resilience in a job where there are no hiding places.

Can he learn from the lessons of this season yes of course he can. I think the signings that have been made have been encouraging with the likes of O'dowda, Wright and Djuric looking promising. Ok Engvall looks on paper a mistake but none of us really know what is going on there.

our goal difference of -5 shows that despite our position we have rarely been spanked and been on the end of a lot of single goal defeats.

finally when we do get it right we play some beautiful football, like the stuff we were playing towards the end of last season like the Huddersfield game....

i have renewed my season ticket and still have hope for a better time next year, it looks like that will be with Johnson at the helm so should we escape then yep I can move on from this season...

25 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

In answer to the OP, yes I think I would be willing to wipe the slate clean and appreciate I will be in a minority here.

However if we stay up this season which I am confident we still will do by the way, I think this season could actually help Johnson become a better manager. 

I am by no means a Johnson fan but personally for him this season could not be any tougher, since December he has had to deal with a fan base which has nearly completely turned against him, oversaw the worst losing run in our history but yet has still managed to keep us in with a very realistic chance of staying in this league. That takes some mental resilience in a job where there are no hiding places.

Can he learn from the lessons of this season yes of course he can. I think the signings that have been made have been encouraging with the likes of O'dowda, Wright and Djuric looking promising. Ok Engvall looks on paper a mistake but none of us really know what is going on there.

our goal difference of -5 shows that despite our position we have rarely been spanked and been on the end of a lot of single goal defeats.

finally when we do get it right we play some beautiful football, like the stuff we were playing towards the end of last season like the Huddersfield game....

i have renewed my season ticket and still have hope for a better time next year, it looks like that will be with Johnson at the helm so should we escape then yep I can move on from this season...

I think there is nothing Johnson can do to keep us up; if the players wish to play in this league next season they alone will ensure this happens. And in my humble opinion the chances of staying up would be dramatically improved if he went on holiday right now. I am sure I am far from alone in this line of thought.

10 hours ago, JacobsBS3 said:

Don't get me wrong, this season has been bad. One of promise but ultimately, sadly, underachievement.

If he does keep us up would you be willing to put 2016/17 behind you and give him another chance to take us forward? Or is your mind made up that he's just not up to the job?

Following our slight upturn in fortunes before today I was airing towards the former.

However, that first half performance with a fresh, fully fit and supposedly up beat squad, was unforgivable.

No faith in the man whatsoever. It's abundantly clear that the players have zero respect for him and so he must go. Players run the clubs nowadays unfortunately, even though I find it pathetic, that's the modern footballer for you.

The question for me would be "what reason has Johnson given me to believe next season would be different?"

At the moment the answer is none at all. I'm not entirely convinced he has figured out what makes us  play well and what makes us play badly, the result being that - even when we win or put in a good performance - Johnson doesn't seem to be able to guide the team to replicate that because he does not understand why it occurred. Similarly he doesn't seem to identify the lessons to be learned from defeats so cannot coach the team to avoid them. So every week you pretty much end up with a random performance and results wholly unconnected to what had gone before or will come after.

The only way I could go into next season giving johnson a chance is if he showed over our last seven games that he can get us winning consistently but I do not believe that will happen and - even then - I'd probably see it as too little, too late.

11 hours ago, JacobsBS3 said:

Don't let it bother you..youll learn over many years of the same!..

Personally not setting foot inside AG again until that man is gone,and even then will assess what im hoping wont be another 'cheap option,but with SL's record likely will be!-supporting the City by attending away matches only.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Not seeing where you find the confidence of our likely survival??....Preston up next,very hard to beat and have lost only once in the last ten games-then its Wolves,bit of a bogey team for us and hitting form at the right time with four wins on the bounce(nine goals scored)..

Come away from these with a blank,which is quite a possibility and we have our noses firmly wedged in the barrel.

I am worried about this season, and if we stay up I am more worried about next, if he is still here, which of course if we stay up he will, and if we go down he will, because SL will apply the same logic to both scenarios, good enough to keep us up and If he was going anywhere it would have been good enough to get us up.

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

What on earth (drugs apart) can give you this confidence?? One good 90 minutes in a God awful season, inept, bizarre and pathetic leadership and if we do stay up (and I've said this before) it will be inspite of Johnson not because of any tactical nouse or inspiration. 
To take this on, what will change next year that he hasn't tried this. He's had a record breaking run of defeats (for 2 teams in 12 month) to learn from then an average run where he thinks we could get complacent  as he sees it as a good run (in comparison to his previous ones I suppose he's right). Next year we will suffer the same shite until SL eats humble pie and gets shot, then we start the process all over again.

9 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I have concluded Johnson is lacking the leadership qualities .

He's just not inspiring is he?  Does he inspire you? Doesn't inspire me.  I'm damn sure he doesn't inspire the players.  He's a drip.  Nice bloke, but a total, total drip.  Same goes for Holden - another total drip.  Can you imagine the pair of them rallying the boys before the game and HT?  Not on your nelly.  I bet the players are secretly (and maybe openly) sniggering while they are giving the team talk.

If he keeps us up, and keeping in mind we will be without Tammy's goals next season, he and the club have to have one hell of an off season to start 2017/18 in a convincing way.

That would mean two things, 1) Finding a 20 goals plus a season striker and 2) turning this squad into a team again to get what every strong side has which is being more than the sum of its parts.

To be honest, I can't see either happening.

Archived