IGNORED

Last day of seat reservation

Steve Watts

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

At least 1,000 sold in W7,8,9, if S25 is sold out then another 700+

Could be near to 12,000 actually sold.

Maybe it is just a few dozen forum keyboard warriors that have not bothered to renew. The usual suspects who probably panned LJ when he played for us a as well.  Whatever he does, they will never be happy.  I wonder if they will be missed amongst the seething masses next season for the Rovers derby match?

6 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Maybe it is just a few dozen forum keyboard warriors that have not bothered to renew. The usual suspects who probably panned LJ when he played for us a as well.  Whatever he does, they will never be happy.  I wonder if they will be missed amongst the seething masses next season for the Rovers derby match?

It's amazing. You and your fellow LJ apologists bleat on about 'abuse'  on the forum and the inability of some to hold a conversation without resorting to 'name calling' but then are more than happy to use inflammatory language as and when it suits your arguments. Btw I'm not bothered about it but it's just the hypocrisy of it that bothers!! 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

It's amazing. You and your fellow LJ apologists bleat on about 'abuse'  on the forum and the inability of some to hold a conversation without resorting to 'name calling' but then are more than happy to use inflammatory language as and when it suits your arguments. Btw I'm not bothered about it but it's just the hypocrisy of it that bothers!! 

That is hardly an abusive term for the people who spend more time being critical of everything to do with Bristol City, the club, head coach, owner and much else - even to the extent where people are competing to see how much damage they can wish on the club.  It is all a bit rich for us more placid types, who will always turn up and support our team come what may.  I am not totally uncritical and worry about our present situation - but I support and get behind the club and the team - it is the job of the opposition to say bad things about us and knock our club and team. Just my humble opinion.

I am really pissed off that we seem to have stopped selling those wonderful chicken leek and ham pies - they were gurt lush! 

Hopefully all our fans will come together, buy tickets, support the team and we can get out of this bind. COYR!

10 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

I worked out the capacities of each block as per above and at the moment, season ticket sales appear to stand at over 10,101 (as of a few hours ago - and this is as it appears and I can't give an accurate figure) + the block capacities I don't have access to e.g. S25

Make of it what you want.

W10 and and S18 are not available for purchasing so this posts count we are below 10,000. Over a 4k drop.

29 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Thanks for the sweeping character assassination BF. I wish Lansdown had done the correct thing and avoided this situation but I have no time for Johnson at all as a Manager and want him gone (as we have discussed before). It would be hypocritical of those of us that have criticised his position if we had renewed. If this is our only way to make SL see sense then so be it.

Once LJ is removed, I will be getting an SC again, admittedly at a higher price but that's my choice. There's no need for the 'keyboard warrior' statements as accepting someone else's opinion on, what is after all, a discussion forum is what I would expect from someone of your vintage.

Cutting our noses off? Probably, but it's our opinion and our choice to show disdain for our head coach and this is our way of doing it. Personally, I would rather try something than do nothing but that's, once again, my choice. I take no pleasure whatsoever in doing this and hurting the club coffers BTW.

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks for the sweeping character assassination BF. I wish Lansdown had done the correct thing and avoided this situation but I have no time for Johnson at all as a Manager and want him gone (as we have discussed before). It would be hypocritical of those of us that have criticised his position if we had renewed. If this is our only way to make SL see sense then so be it.

Once LJ is removed, I will be getting an SC again, admittedly at a higher price but that's my choice. There's no need for the 'keyboard warrior' statements as accepting someone else's opinion on, what is after all, a discussion forum is what I would expect from someone of your vintage.

Cutting our noses off? Probably, but it's our opinion and our choice to show disdain for our head coach and this is our way of doing it. Personally, I would rather try something than do nothing but that's, once again, my choice.

"something than do nothing but that's, once again, my choice" - except that you are doing nothing positive!  You could organise a petition to SL with an agreed text to explain your concerns - you could even ask him to meet representatives.  You will pardon me being concerned when supporters turn on our club.  Managers/head coaches come and go - the powers that be clearly see something or some quality on LJ that encourages them to persist.  This might not be enough to save him, but in ten years time, we will probable have had another 5 or 6 managers.  I support the team whoever manages - although that was hard whn Pulis was in charge and we did nothing ut launch it. Maybe you guys will look back on this time as a time of over-reaction...I have even read people on here who have taken it as a personal sleight that the club has persisted with LJ!  FFS!

20 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

That is hardly an abusive term for the people who spend more time being critical of everything to do with Bristol City, the club, head coach, owner and much else - even to the extent where people are competing to see how much damage they can wish on the club.  It is all a bit rich for us more placid types, who will always turn up and support our team come what may.  I am not totally uncritical and worry about our present situation - but I support and get behind the club and the team - it is the job of the opposition to say bad things about us and knock our club and team. Just my humble opinion.

I am really pissed off that we seem to have stopped selling those wonderful chicken leek and ham pies - they were gurt lush! 

Hopefully all our fans will come together, buy tickets, support the team and we can get out of this bind. COYR!

Fair play Bat and apologies to 'pick' on you as you probably aren't the main protagonist by any stretch. However I get incredibly frustrated that repeatedly on this forum any criticism of the worst manager this club has ever had in my lifetime (another argument I appreciate) and the owner (for basically not doing anything about said worst manager) is shouted down by LJ apologists. If people don't want to buy a season ticket because of the current situation at our club then that's their prerogative and that should be respected, not mocked or criticised. Season tickets are bloody expensive and I wouldn't criticise anyone for not parting with their hard earned at any time but especially given the current position. The club would do well to think about that. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Fair play Bat and apologies to 'pick' on you as you probably aren't the main protagonist by any stretch. However I get incredibly frustrated that repeatedly on this forum any criticism of the worst manager this club has ever had in my lifetime (another argument I appreciate) and the owner (for basically not doing anything about said worst manager) is shouted down by LJ apologists. If people don't want to buy a season ticket because of the current situation at our club then that's their prerogative and that should be respected, not mocked or criticised. Season tickets are bloody expensive and I wouldn't criticise anyone for not parting with their hard earned at any time but especially given the current position. The club would do well to think about that. 

We are all hurting and, as supporters, we all feel the pain of our current situation.  I can think of several managers who have been "less than good" - recently the forum was in meltdown over SOD - even SC!!  Do you remember Big Fat Benny? Osman?..... we must get a grip!  Managers come and go and we should all want to be the best and strongest club - and that means support.  Call it blind support if you like, but getting behind the team in a positive way can only maximise the "good" inour currently bad situation.  Of course the costs of supporters are high - but I have always found it to be great value - even better now that I am officially an old fart and can get OAP rates.  I am very exercised about the pies (the only exercise it get these days) - but I will endure anything to support my team! Even bloody Lee Johnson!

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

"something than do nothing but that's, once again, my choice" - except that you are doing nothing positive!  You could organise a petition to SL with an agreed text to explain your concerns - you could even ask him to meet representatives.  You will pardon me being concerned when supporters turn on our club.  Managers/head coaches come and go - the powers that be clearly see something or some quality on LJ that encourages them to persist.  This might not be enough to save him, but in ten years time, we will probable have had another 5 or 6 managers.  I support the team whoever manages - although that was hard whn Pulis was in charge and we did nothing ut launch it. Maybe you guys will look back on this time as a time of over-reaction...I have even read people on here who have taken it as a personal sleight that the club has persisted with LJ!  FFS!

Some people may have a feeling of 'over importance' BF, that I will agree with. Personally, I have voiced my opinion from the stands, sent Jon Lansdown an email with my concerns and written to both Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton. each to their own my friend in that we choose different ways of doing things. 'Nothing positive' could be correct but if it makes SL think and possibly do the right thing then it's one hell of a positive but that's my view. I respect other views and I hope that comes across.

Lenred has pretty much made any other points for me TBH. being labelled as 'not supporters' and 'posts with 'see ya' are unnecessary IMHO but, I assume people are only seeing what they want to see in posts which is a shame.

Short of voting with our feet and hard earned, I don't see what else we can do? In days of old there would have been chants of a more hurtful nature and groups behind the old grandstand but those days appear to have gone. I make no secret of my wish for the inept head coach to be removed as I hold him totally at fault for our predicament. The fact that SL still backs him after this season does confuse me but I won't criticise him or the club as his financial backing, of both the stadium and the woeful one, has been very good. The fact he's backing a duffer is my concern.

Get rid of Johnson and we are all sunshine and light again, persist and my golf handicap finally comes down from 18 as I WILL NOT watch Johnson's dirge anymore. You choose to carry on, that's your opinion and I respect that. As we said before, we disagree on this and won't budge, once again, I respect your opinion.

Been told they are miles away from the 10,000 that some have mentioned and panic is beginning to set in and they have no intention of releasing any figures yet, someone mentioned 12,000, surely they would be shouting from the roof tops if this were the case? Personally I do not know a single person who has re-newed, I probably will eventually buy one but am really struggling to find the enthusiasm to do it

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Some people may have a feeling of 'over importance' BF, that I will agree with. Personally, I have voiced my opinion from the stands, sent Jon Lansdown an email with my concerns and written to both Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton. each to their own my friend in that we choose different ways of doing things. 'Nothing positive' could be correct but if it makes SL think and possibly do the right thing then it's one hell of a positive but that's my view. I respect other views and I hope that comes across.

Lenred has pretty much made any other points for me TBH. being labelled as 'not supporters' and 'posts with 'see ya' are unnecessary IMHO but, I assume people are only seeing what they want to see in posts which is a shame.

Short of voting with our feet and hard earned, I don't see what else we can do? In days of old there would have been chants of a more hurtful nature and groups behind the old grandstand but those days appear to have gone. I make no secret of my wish for the inept head coach to be removed as I hold him totally at fault for our predicament. The fact that SL still backs him after this season does confuse me but I won't criticise him or the club as his financial backing, of both the stadium and the woeful one, has been very good. The fact he's backing a duffer is my concern.

Get rid of Johnson and we are all sunshine and light again, persist and my golf handicap finally comes down from 18 as I WILL NOT watch Johnson's dirge anymore. You choose to carry on, that's your opinion and I respect that. As we said before, we disagree on this and won't budge, once again, I respect your opinion.

Well we can agree to disagree - and I will be there for the local derby games next season!  I hope that you soon get pissed off with golf and come back to your spiritual home soon.  Every fan is needed, wherever we are, whoever owns us and whoever manages us and whoever plays for us. I could not imaging life without my BCFC fix!

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Been told they are miles away from the 10,000 that some have mentioned and panic is beginning to set in and they have no intention of releasing any figures yet, someone mentioned 12,000, surely they would be shouting from the roof tops if this were the case? Personally I do not know a single person who has re-newed, I probably will eventually buy one but am really struggling to find the enthusiasm to do it

All the guys who sit where I sit have already renewed Harry - so at least there will be a few in the Dolman!

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

Well we can agree to disagree - and I will be there for the local derby games next season!  I hope that you soon get pissed off with golf and come back to your spiritual home soon.  Every fan is needed, wherever we are, whoever owns us and whoever manages us and whoever plays for us. I could not imaging life without my BCFC fix!

Get rid of LJ and I'll be back like  shot BF! I won't attend any derby as, once again, it would be hypocritical as it would be if I attended away games only. At least I will be consistent and not attend at all. 

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

Very coarse figures I admit but if our capacity is 27,000, take 4,300 away for the Atyeo leaves 22,700 and there are 6,181 tickets available, that would suggest sales have gone reasonably well but, I appreciate there are lots of seats not available or not being used (eg most of the upper tier). How many seats are 'unavailable' excluding the Atyeo? Add them to the 6,181 and take the result away from 22,700 and we have a rough idea of sales don't we?

51 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

W10 and and S18 are not available for purchasing so this posts count we are below 10,000. Over a 4k drop.

There are 'some' season tickets in S18. I know because I was moved there when I complained about the sight restrictions in the Dolman...and I have renewed in S18 for next year. I don't think you can buy a new season ticket in there though.

The vast majority of the block is made up of free tickets and friends / family of staff.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Get rid of LJ and I'll be back like  shot BF! I won't attend any derby as, once again, it would be hypocritical as it would be if I attended away games only. At least I will be consistent and not attend at all. 

Sad - I always look for reasons to go to games!

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Very coarse figures I admit but if our capacity is 27,000, take 4,300 away for the Atyeo leaves 22,700 and there are 6,181 tickets available, that would suggest sales have gone reasonably well but, I appreciate there are lots of seats not available or not being used (eg most of the upper tier). How many seats are 'unavailable' excluding the Atyeo? Add them to the 6,181 and take the result away from 22,700 and we have a rough idea of sales don't we?

I may buy an additional seat so I can spread out a bit!

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Sad - I always look for reasons to go to games!

If it's a 'sad' state of affairs then I agree with you. If I'm 'sad' then i don't obviously as I'm happy with my reasons and my choice. That, I will stand by totally,unless the chancer is removed. It would appear I'm not alone as well.

Yes, it will hurt when the new season starts but if it removes the numpty, it will be worth it for me. 

1 minute ago, Tammys Scan said:

Only had a ST for 6 years but there's 3 of us that won't be renewing. 

It doesn't matter if it's 6 or 60 TS. Would you like to share the reasons you're not renewing? Obviously if it's for football reasons only, not if it's personal stuff.

On Mon Apr 03 2017 at 09:06, SimonL said:

3 of us wont be renewing. I've had a season ticket for 21 years and my boys for 12 years. Shame the love has gone with the club and football in general.

my mate offered to drive me down tonight to watch preston game  i said no thanks just goes to show how were all falling out of love with the club and Bristol Sport

Lots of guesstimations at this stage.  I remember there being some wildly varying predictions last season by 'counting seats' online.  Some were talking of 16-19,000 being sold at one point.

I will say this though, if it was good news I think the club would have been singing from the rooftops about it already.  The longer the club saying nothing (and they might not for a while), the more inclined I will be to think there's some panicking going on backstage.

If we stay up then it might spike again.  Many, understandably, are waiting to see how the season pans out, and whether Pep Johnson remains in charge.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It doesn't matter if it's 6 or 60 TS. Would you like to share the reasons you're not renewing? Obviously if it's for football reasons only, not if it's personal stuff.

The same reasons that've been stated, complete apathy for 'our' club now.

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

W10 and S18 aren't included in the numbers.

The conservative 10,101 figure came from the publicly available information (the figure given is low rather than inflated) and I believe the 14k figure is the figure bandied around on this board (it's the figure I'm not absolutely sure about).

I've been open about how I derived the numbers rather than plucking them from thin air.

2 hours ago, Cap flinger said:

I've been getting voicemails and emails to all last week to remind me that the renewal deadline is running out! No chance until I have a better idea of what will actually be happening next season 

it would be like ordering a rolls Royce in april and paying in full, and when they delivered in august and you pulled of the cover finding a clapped out banger underneath!

3 hours ago, Countryfile said:

At least 1,000 sold in W7,8,9, if S25 is sold out then another 700+

Could be near to 12,000 actually sold.

See my response to Ultra.

You could be right, Ultra could be right?

What I'm seeking to do is bring some sensible figures to the table rather than let exaggeration rule.

23 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

W10 and S18 aren't included in the numbers.

The conservative 10,101 figure came from the publicly available information (the figure given is low rather than inflated) and I believe the 14k figure is the figure bandied around on this board (it's the figure I'm not absolutely sure about).

I've been open about how I derived the numbers rather than plucking them from thin air.

I'm not having a dig of any sort finker but do we really have less than 17K seats available for home fans in a stadium of over 27,000 (10,101 + 6,181). 

3 hours ago, Cap flinger said:

I've been getting voicemails and emails to all last week to remind me that the renewal deadline is running out! No chance until I have a better idea of what will actually be happening next season 

I responded to the emails saying I wasn't renewing unless we were in the championship.

Archived