IGNORED

I'm excited by next season

Major Isewater

Because if we slip disgracefully into the third division I will be beyond caring and will do something more interesting on my Saturdays than spend time and money on something that makes me miserable and for a club that does not listen to the long suffering fans . 

Mrs Isewater will be accompanied to Ikea , if I can find my passport . 

We may go to the beach or the cinema, Maybe a funeral or two .

Mr Lansdown, you are killing the love for the club with your stubbornness. You have done so much for BCFC but I really feel that you've lost the plot , either that or your plot is to bumble along at the old haunts like the Priestfiekd stadium or entertain the Gas who we are making look dynamic .

2 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Nothing wrong with the Priestfield, the scene of one of the most memorable nights of my supporting life along with around 200 others.

Matt Smiths super show :ph34r:

Kinda feel sorry for you that one of the most memorable nights you've had following our club was a Johnstone's Paint Trophy match - it also sorta sums us up as a club too....depressing times...

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Because if we slip disgracefully into the third division I will be beyond caring and will do something more interesting on my Saturdays than spend time and money on something that makes me miserable and for a club that does not listen to the long suffering fans . 

Mr Lansdown, you are killing the love for the club with your stubbornness. You have done so much for BCFC but I really feel that you've lost the plot , either that or your plot is to bumble along at the old haunts like the Priestfiekd stadium or entertain the Gas who we are making look dynamic .

Have to agree with the Major here. 

Even those who did renew did so because their hand was forced, and the fact that POTD is a damn expensive hobby, so ST is a smarter idea.

But I bet everyone who did renew would certainly avoid Ashton Gate next season if we are relegated and they have a better offer on how to spend their Tues or Sat.

2 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Have to agree with the Major here. 

Even those who did renew did so because their hand was forced, and the fact that POTD is a damn expensive hobby, so ST is a smarter idea.

But I bet everyone who did renew would certainly avoid Ashton Gate next season if we are relegated and they have a better offer on how to spend their Tues or Sat.

City, as always will be the best, or one of the best supported sides in league One so plenty will still go. Maybe 11-12,000.

Brilliant...

Spot on sarj. 

I have reluctantly renewed today due to numbers selling relatively fast in the new singing section and didn't want to lose out. 

The obvious worry is relegation but even if we were relegated I would still have renewed but the problem for me is if Johnson remains in charge while being relegated, I will be fuming renewing at this stage.

Just now, RedWilly said:

Spot on sarj. 

I have reluctantly renewed today due to numbers selling relatively fast in the new singing section and didn't want to lose out. 

The obvious worry is relegation but even if we were relegated I would still have renewed but the problem for me is if Johnson remains in charge while being relegated, I will be fuming renewing at this stage.

......... best new name of a forum member this season.

How did you get it passed the moderating committee stage?

On second thoughts - don't answer that.

:blush:

It will be a blessed relief I guess, at least we will win more than lose, hopefully, hate losing weekends, and throw in a few Tuesdays...well you know. However want us to stay up like it's the most important thing in my life at the moment, odd thing being a City supporter, what a bad joke of a club we are?

There is a good chance that we will stay up - but if we did go down, now that the stadium is finished, I would expect SL to invest heavily in a great young team and the project would soon be back on track - just imagine - football and rugby double promotions! Maybe we could get JET back?

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I can feel your pain Major! 

If we do slide in to the 3rd tier again then it will indeed be a disgrace. It will be deserved though and I really hate to say that.

However, if / when it happens, I won't be able to stop myself going and when I'm not watching, I will have my score alerts on and tune in to Jeff Stelling and the gang.

Its a drug and its been my drug not of choice but by birth and generations of family. The summer will be horrible as we will see an exodus of the new blood that was brought in over the past 2 windows. I can't fall out of love with City, I never will. However, for all the things SL has done positive for the club, it seems to be unraveling before our eyes. 

I would love to have his undivided attention for an hour of his time with a lie detector machine on. Not that I feel hes a liar but to get some real answers with no fluffy and fudged answers. He must have a plan and I mean a real plan or am I as deluded as he and his coach seem to be?

You wait, we say it now, but then we'll spank £20m on new players for next season and we'll all be champing at the bit for it to start

We'll bag a late winner at Shrewsbury on the opening day, have 20,000 at the Gate for Colchester the week after, the sun will be shining, we all look healthy and tanned, the cider will be cold (as will the pies) and we won't give a ****

Then we'll get knocked out of the League Cup by Forest Green and realism sinks in

Still, we'll win the Piss Pot Cup against Swansea U19s, take 45,000 to Wembley and everything will be rosey again

Gonna get me a ST to Kingsholm next season I think....and they are just as shit. Sucks being Woodsy

47 minutes ago, SARJ said:

How much? I'll PM you payment details!! I've renewed, and I'll be looking forward to going to Ashton Gate next season, whatever league we're in. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Kinda feel sorry for you that one of the most memorable nights you've had following our club was a Johnstone's Paint Trophy match - it also sorta sums us up as a club too....depressing times...

C'mon! Anyone following Bristol City for the glory nights is in the wrong place! It's winter nights in Gillingham that following City has always been about!!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Plus there is the prospect of sliding unceremoniously into Division 4, the year after…oh what joy. 

11 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

I think if we did get relegeted,if we can keep a strong aquad theres no reason why we cant bounce straight back up.

Look at Bolton,they look as if they're going straight back up and they were woefull last season.

If we give Johnson the boot then perhaps.

Bolton got rid of a failing manager and brought in Phil Parkinson to take them up again.

No hope for City, whatever the division, while LJ stays.

Great... a thread about not wanting to support city next year... i enjoy going, a couple of matches werent great e.g. Fulham but in general we have been competitive. I see that lots of folk have lost any love for lj but seems a bit over reaction to me...

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Good job you are not pessimistic then!!

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If we give Johnson the boot then perhaps.

Bolton got rid of a failing manager and brought in Phil Parkinson to take them up again.

No hope for City, whatever the division, while LJ stays.

Very true,Johnson should go but the squad would be very strong all the same.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You had to be there to appreciate it mate.

I could say the win at Anfield or the first leg against Forest in the Littlewoods semis but some of the goals that night were superb in such an intimate (shithole) setting.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Major been to far too many funerals in the last few months. Stick to the beach and if you need exercise IKEA

We all know Bristol city is now part a big package. We ain't top of his list anymore.

his attention is more for the rugby and the complex in and around Ashton gate. 

As I write this we're 4 0 down with a shite manager. Now we look at the rugby they are relegated yet just bought in an ex England manager?

Archived