IGNORED

Hope?

SedRA

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4382262/Bristol-City-considering-manager-Lee-Johnson-s-future.html

Bristol City considering manager Lee Johnson's future after 5-0 defeat at Preston deepens relegation fears

• Bristol City one point above the relegation places after losing 5-0 at Preston
  • Lee Johnson has been in charge for a year but has struggled to get fans on side
  • Club officials met on Wednesday morning to discuss the manager's future 

By Simon Jones for MailOnline

PUBLISHED: 11:14, 5 April 2017 UPDATED: 11:18, 5 April 2017

Bristol City are considering the position of manager Lee Johnson following Tuesday's 5-0 defeat at Preston North End.

The result leaves the Ashton Gate club just one point and one place above the Championship relegation zone.

Club executives are understood to have convened a meeting on Wednesday morning while the first team squad are also due for a briefing following their performance.

3EF6B51800000578-4382262-image-m-17_1491

+2

Bristol City are considering the position of Lee Johnson following their 5-0 defeat at Preston

Tom Barkhuizen opened the floodgates for Preston as the blew away City 5-0 at Deepdale

+2

Tom Barkhuizen opened the floodgates for Preston as the blew away City 5-0 at Deepdale

•   Team P GD Pts
    1 Brighton and Hove Albion 40 33 83
    2 Newcastle United 39 39 81
    3 Reading 40 5 73
    4 Huddersfield Town 38 3 71
    5 Leeds United 40 13 69
    6 Sheffield Wednesday 40 11 66
    7 Fulham 40 18 64
    8 Preston North End 40 11 61
    9 Derby County 40 6 59
    10 Norwich City 39 7 57
    11 Aston Villa 40 3 57
    12 Brentford 40 7 56
    13 Barnsley 40 0 53
    14 Cardiff City 40 -3 52
    15 Wolverhampton Wanderers 39 1 51
    16 Queens Park Rangers 40 -7 50
    17 Ipswich Town 40 -6 49
    18 Birmingham City 40 -18 46
    19 Burton Albion 39 -13 44
    20 Nottingham Forest 40 -12 42
    21 Bristol City 40 -10 41
    22 Blackburn Rovers 40 -14 40
    23 Wigan Athletic 40 -17 34
    24 Rotherham United 40 -57 17

Johnson has been in the job for a year after replacing Steve Cotterill but has struggled to get fans on side after a succession of poor results.

They looked to have lifted their game with a 1-0 win over fellow strugglers Wigan followed by their surprise 4-0 thumping of promotion-chasing Huddersfield but defeat to Brentford last weekend and Tuesday's embarrassment, their heaviest defeat in five years at Deepdale, have brought Johnson's role back into focus.

They have just six games remaining including a crucial trip to rivals Blackburn Rovers on April 22.

The gamble for City chairman Steve Lansdown, who sacked assistant head coach John Pemberton last month, is whether a change would trigger an upturn in results or leave his team to further founder.

Johnson said after Tuesday's defeat: 'It hurts because nobody wanted to come here and put in a performance like that. In the second half we've capitulated and we must face the music. We need to pick a team we can trust against Wolves now.'

"Mark Ashton spoke exclusively to BCFC Player following a meeting of the club's hierarchy at Ashton Gate this morning...

We've spoken at length regarding the position of the club this morning...let me be clear we have the club's best interests at heart and have a plan to succeed. Following the meeting we believe that with our destiny in our own hands that stability is the best course of action and we support Lee Johnson and his team fully and believe he represents our best chance of surviving in the Championship. We will rebuild in the summer...let me be clear we know where need to strengthen and have plans in place already"

It'll be some shit like that and we'll all go in to meltdown (rightly) again. Sad but true I fear.

Let's hope the mail has got it right for once. I await the press conference at 17-00 hrs that he has left by mutual consent we can only hope ???

if not let's hope the team can pull off a miricle and win a game on Saturday under the little man 

"Mark Ashton spoke exclusively to BCFC Player following a meeting of the club's hierarchy at Ashton Gate this morning...

We've spoken at length regarding the position of the club this morning...let me be clear we have the club's best interests at heart and have a plan to succeed. Following the meeting we believe that with our destiny in our own hands that stability is the best course of action and we support Lee Johnson and his team fully and believe he represents our best chance of surviving in the Championship. We will rebuild in the summer...let me be clear we know where need to strengthen and have plans in place already"

Blimey Alex#40, that was so accurate I read it as having been issued!  Nearly had me bouncing off the walls and doing myself harm there!

Just now, Red Onion said:

Blimey Alex#40, that was so accurate I read it as having been issued!  Nearly had me bouncing off the walls and doing myself harm there!

Its the same shit he's spouted for months...

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

It'll be some shit like that and we'll all go in to meltdown (rightly) again. Sad but true I fear.

I'm really hoping this time it will be different. Up until Saturday, I could understand - though I disagreed with it - that some people still had an argument for keeping LJ. But the sacking of JP means there is nobody else left to point the finger at, the last two performances have been utterly indefensible and last night's interview must have been the final straw. The board and SL have shown too much faith in LJ for sure but they are not complete fools. There must come a point when they realise they cannot keep faith in someone who is providing nothing in return and neither can they defend the indefensible. This surely has to be the end of the road. 

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I'm really hoping this time it will be different. Up until Saturday, I could understand - though I disagreed with it - that some people still had an argument for keeping LJ. But the sacking of JP means there is nobody else left to point the finger at, the last two performances have been utterly indefensible and last night's interview must have been the final straw. The board and SL have shown too much faith in LJ for sure but they are not complete fools. There must come a point when they realise they cannot keep faith in someone who is providing nothing in return and neither can they defend the indefensible. This surely has to be the end of the road. 

I hope so pal...I really do.

The trouble is, even if he does go, there's only 6 games left and who's going to walk in to this mess?

Having said that, looking at our run-in, it's not exactly the worst: 4 home games and there must be 10 points in there somewhere, for an organised team with some fight in it

3 minutes ago, Red Onion said:

Same here.

I was just about to launch my iPhone at the wall.

No updates from BCFCtweets this morning (by 11:58am anyway).  Last update was yesterday at 11:00pm after the Preston debacle.

It's unusual not to have some propaganda by now on the day after a game.

Nothing to consider really. I've been as patient and understanding as much as any optimist. Saying that he could've went in January after Cardiff(which is a lot later than many would've waited) but he stayed. Some odd results then another string of losses. Now after some hope we've received two bad losses in a row(by all accounts Brentford could've been much worse). 5-0 to me is the sign of quitting. Now players should be held accountable but a couple bad performances and they're binned while a head coach has had a horrid 6 months yet everyone is being told to be patient. Different set of rules for the players and coaches and the inconsistencies at all levels of the club have made for the inconsistent season. It's time to go and ride out luck with another face. Another fave could see us relegated while LJ could stay up but it's just 6 games. I can't see anything positive from LJ after the 6 whereas a new face can start building now for whatever league we are in. 

Just now, Xiled said:

No updates from BCFCtweets this morning (by 11:58am anyway).  Last update was yesterday at 11:00pm after the Preston debacle.

It's unusual not to have some propaganda by now on the day after a game.

The directors have got to have a nice lunch and plenty to drink before they bite the bullet and give Lee Johnson

a vote of confidence.

It's ok Ashton just about sums up the shambles our club is in at present. A manager with no idea players not showing passion or pride in the badge!!

Now that al of us at the bottom of table are once again on  a level playing field! Us having thrown our goal diff away maybe someone at the club will wake us up from the bad dream season 16/17  Think LJ wool be in charge come Saturday let's get behind the team  there is always new hope  6 games to go COYR

Just now, Strawberry2157. said:

If they're meeting to discuss, how can there be any other outcome than showing him the door? Who can argue with facts?

Exactly. Should be the shortest meeting ever!

I can't get my head around the board sacking him now. It was clear he was shit two months ago but he was backed by SL. Sacking him now would indicate that the board have finally realised that they have made a mistake. I feel they are too stubborn to do this.

In no way do I want us to get relegated but the stubborn side of me almost feels like the board have made their decision and should now lie in it. 

Well, it could well just be lazy journalism and/or a cheap story but this article could have appeared any time in the last 3 months.. Why suddenly now? Lansdown tends to act after a particularly heavy defeat and I've got a hopeful feeling that we may finally get the news we've all been waiting for this evening,

Archived