IGNORED

FAO Adam Baker

lenred

Some of this stuff is becoming truly ridiculous now. If the players lost their heads during the second half last night, a few fans on here have sadly done the same today.

Hold people at the top to account, by all means, but digging at members of staff behind the scenes as well? Sorry, too much. He's a man doing a job to provide for his family; nothing more, nothing less.

And the FLO role? As someone else put so eloquently - an absolute hospital pass.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

I think you need to understand which preceded the other. You can't blame fans for thinking he's completely useless when he's been completely useless. 

This thread is a symptom of a long period of uselessness and not a reason for excuses. 

Regardless, some of the comments here are offensive (I don't mean from you). He might very well be useless at the role and people should feel free to debate that but offensive personal comments are unnecessary and, if it were me, would not induce me to respond to the well reasoned and worded opening post.

Just now, The Journalist said:

Some of this stuff is becoming ridiculous now. If the players lost their heads during the second half last night, a few fans on here have sadly done the same today.

Hold people at the top to account, by all means, but digging at members of staff behind the scenes as well? Sorry, too much. He's a man doing a job to provide for his family - nothing more, nothing less.

Bollocks. If that was applied to every walk of life nobody would ever complain to any customer service department. He represents the club and should be rightly criticised for his organisation's awful service and disregard of its customers. 

Some of this stuff is becoming ridiculous now. If the players lost their heads during the second half last night, a few fans on here have sadly done the same today.

Hold people at the top to account, by all means, but digging at members of staff behind the scenes as well? Sorry, too much. He's a man doing a job to provide for his family - nothing more, nothing less.

But he's not doing his job now is he. Fans liaison officer   should start liaising then instead of being quiet.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Bollocks. If that was applied to every walk of life nobody would ever complain to any customer service department. He represents the club and should be rightly criticised for his organisation's awful service and disregard of its customers. 

We'll have to agree to disagree if you think personal insults including "ass licker" are acceptable.

It's one thing to criticise the product and another to personally criticise a man doing a job.

That's bollocks.

We'll have to agree to disagree if you think personal insults including "ass licker" are acceptable.

It's one thing to criticise the product and another to personally criticise a man doing a job.

That's bollocks.

The choice of words may be inappropriate, but the underlying point is true. 

Just now, stevep38 said:

But he's not doing his job now is he. Fans liaison officer   should start liaising then instead of being quiet.

I guess it depends what his brief is. What is he supposed to come and say on a fans' forum? "My employers are a shambles?" Maybe he wants to say that!

He shouldn't be FLO, for sure. I totally get that, and I think the club have treated fans with utter disdain to give that role to a club employee. I just think the man himself is in between a rock and a hard place.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

The choice of words may be inappropriate, but the underlying point is true. 

I'm not defending the job he's doing or the role he's inappropriately been handed, for sure. I'm defending the man, though, which I feel is the right thing to do.

Still, it's funny really - what has football become that fans are personally insulting a press officer on an Internet forum?!

10 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Some of this stuff is becoming truly ridiculous now. If the players lost their heads during the second half last night, a few fans on here have sadly done the same today.

Hold people at the top to account, by all means, but digging at members of staff behind the scenes as well? Sorry, too much. He's a man doing a job to provide for his family; nothing more, nothing less.

And the FLO role? As someone else put so eloquently - an absolute hospital pass.

Good evening Adam

1 minute ago, The Journalist said:

I guess it depends what his brief is. What is he supposed to come and say on a fans' forum? "My employers are a shambles?" Maybe he wants to say that!

He shouldn't be FLO, for sure. I totally get that, and I think the club have treated fans with utter disdain to give that role to a club employee. I just think the man himself is in between a rock and a hard place.

I get what your saying and yes personal  I suits arnt on but he could come on here and say something like I've read what you guys are saying will take it to the club and will answer whe  I get some answers. Obviously then he would have to push for answers to the legitimate  concerns  we all have

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

@AdamB you should be letting the board know how the fans are feeling, there is no support from the stands, the club has gone backwards and our years of lording it over Bristol rovers are about to End

Don't. There's a generation that are about to get a rude awakening next season.

21 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

He's the fans liason, when was the last time we were liased?

One final thought as I go to pick up our toys - please remember that we do all want the same thing, right?

And, you know what, I guarantee you Adam will want the same thing too. I promise you that's the case. Sadly, like Adam, how that gets fixed is out of all our control.

Some people, like Ole, articulate what they see and feel brilliantly, making it all make sense for the rest of us. Others, of course, aren't able to do that quite so well and just end up misdirecting anger at all the wrong people. What links us, though, is that we do fundamentally all want the same thing.

The problem is - who knew having a less rubbish football team to support was too much to ask? :sad26:

2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

One final thought as I go to pick up our toys - please remember that we do all want the same thing, right?

And, you know what, I guarantee you Adam will want the same thing too. I promise you that's the case. Sadly, like Adam, how that gets fixed is out of all our control.

Some people, like Ole, articulate what they see and feel brilliantly, making it all make sense for the rest of us. Others, of course, aren't able to do that quite so well and just end up misdirecting anger at all the wrong people. What links us, though, is that we do fundamentally all want the same thing.

The problem is - who knew having a less rubbish football team to support was too much to ask? :sad26:

If they want to produce a shoddy product and run a shoddy customer service department they can expect some very unhappy customers. It's no surprise whatsoever. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't think Adam was given much of a choice about the FLO role to be fair. I think he was told "you're doing it" which makes me very suspicious of the Lansdown clan's intentions in regard to serious supporter consultation.

If my employer did me up like a kipper... 

2 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Sad state of affairs all around. I wouldn't have accepted a role if I wasn't allowed to it properly and was just told to be a "yes" man I have more pride and self respect.

i half feel sorry for the bloke and half laugh at how embarrassing it must be for him.

PS he isn't a fan of Bristol City either he is simply a "Bristol Sport" employee.

he was employed by Bristol City long before Bristol Sport came about

3 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Sad state of affairs all around. I wouldn't have accepted a role if I wasn't allowed to it properly and was just told to be a "yes" man I have more pride and self respect.

i half feel sorry for the bloke and half laugh at how embarrassing it must be for him.

PS he isn't a fan of Bristol City either he is simply a "Bristol Sport" employee.

Funny that, I used to see AB at reserve games in the early 90's as a supporter, so your last remark is purely made up.

44 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Except he isn't doing his job as FLO.

3 hours ago, lenred said:

@AdamB Please can you do your job as Fan Liaison Officer and let us know what the current situation is regarding the Manager and why the Board apparently deem it ok for us, the fans, to be treated with complete contempt given the lack of action after the last two inept and embarrassing performances that have been overseen by Lee Johnson. You were happy enough to produce videos praising all and sundry and patting yourselves on the back after the 4-0 win. We deserve to hear something now also. Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, iamsober said:

email him and you will get a response

12 minutes ago, iamsober said:

as long as you have something sensible to say

So let me get this straight, the press is rife with stories about our loser manager and individually we have to email the club fans liason officer to ask if there is any validity in these reports, after another 2 totally inept performances shipping 7 goals along the way + a cowardly post match quote putting the boot into a player who entered the fray at 3-0, wow.

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

So let me get this straight, the press is rife with stories about our loser manager and individually we have to email the club fans liason officer to ask if there is any validity in these reports, after another 2 totally inept performances shipping 7 goals along the way + a cowardly post match quote putting the boot into a player who entered the fray at 3-0, wow.

Well Es, I don't know if i'm even on the right thread but here goes.

Bla,bla, bla.  Or not everything sounds the same at the moment.

The quiet is deafening.

Don't want to say how long the City have been important in my life, but it's a day or two.

Last nights game was the first time I had ever wanted a team to do us by 6.or 7.

But the biggest worry is as you know the man is taking us into the abiss. And **** me it will take many a year to recover, if ever.

Archived