IGNORED

FAO Adam Baker

lenred

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

Some of this stuff is becoming truly ridiculous now. If the players lost their heads during the second half last night, a few fans on here have sadly done the same today.

Hold people at the top to account, by all means, but digging at members of staff behind the scenes as well? Sorry, too much. He's a man doing a job to provide for his family; nothing more, nothing less.

And the FLO role? As someone else put so eloquently - an absolute hospital pass.

I know you've mentioned it but how is a person is the role of FLO behind the scenes? If anything he should be right at the front

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

5live did a brief piece on football clubs media departments / press officers this morning (part of the Moyes debate). Basically they were described as fans with voice recorders, too scared to ask serious questions of the manager/head coach in fear of losing their jobs. Ring any bells?

Too scared? More like it's not their job. Use your brain a second - club media departments are there to present clubs, and management, in as positive a light as possible. That's not easy with LJ right now but it's still their job.

The real questions should be with the BP. "Do you have a plan B?" What sort of question is that at this point? How about "Do you plan to resign?"

In all honesty, Adam baker should resign himself. His roles as supporter liaison officer and head of media contraindicate each other with media/club propaganda being seemingly more important.

all this an he also seems to be a happy clapper/yes man. Surely he can see the shambles going on and if he had anything about him, wouldn't just sit there in his role and accept it and brush it under the rug like the rest of the club. Trouble is, it's just a job to him. Him along with many others should swiftly move on IMO

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't think Adam was given much of a choice about the FLO role to be fair. I think he was told "you're doing it" which makes me very suspicious of the Lansdown clan's intentions in regard to serious supporter consultation.

It's really quite worrying.

If what you've put is true (ie the FLO role was lumped on Beanhead), there could be potential ramifications if he didn't want to do it but felt forced to and if the FLO job description doesn't fit in his Head of Comms job description.

Employment law is very specific and I'm sure BS would have covered the basics so I fully expect that Beanhead signed the FLO contract happily in addition to his other role. 

Just now, Septic Peg said:

If what you've put is true (ie the FLO role was lumped on Beanhead), there could be potential ramifications if he didn't want to do it but felt forced to and if the FLO job description doesn't fit in his Head of Comms job description.

Employment law is very specific and I'm sure BS would have covered the basics so I fully expect that Beanhead signed the FLO contract happily in addition to his other role. 

Probably just said yes. 

2 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

Whilst our FLO/Head of Communications should be communicating with the fans, his lack of response on this thread is no surprise given the personal nature of some of the comments.

It's also out of office hours innit. 

30 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

In all honesty, Adam baker should resign himself. His roles as supporter liaison officer and head of media contraindicate each other with media/club propaganda being seemingly more important.

all this an he also seems to be a happy clapper/yes man. Surely he can see the shambles going on and if he had anything about him, wouldn't just sit there in his role and accept it and brush it under the rug like the rest of the club. Trouble is, it's just a job to him. Him along with many others should swiftly move on IMO

He works for the club. He isn't a decision maker. He will have been told what things to get involved with, match commentary etc and things to not get involved in, speculations on internal issues which the club don't want out in public. All clubs would likely operate the same way. I just don't get here what people are expecting him to come out and say.

I'm firmly in the getting LJ out asap and I'm completely baffled as to why the axe hasn't been swung but having a go at Adam is crazy. The club as a whole has made the decision to batten down the hatches

1 minute ago, Show Me The Money! said:

He works for the club. He isn't a decision maker. He will have been told what things to get involved with, match commentary etc and things to not get involved in, speculations on internal issues which the club don't want out in public. All clubs would likely operate the same way. I just don't get here what people are expecting him to come out and say.

I'm firmly in the getting LJ out asap and I'm completely baffled as to why the axe hasn't been swung but having a go at Adam is crazy. The club as a whole has made the decision to batten down the hatches

Nothing stopping Adam coming out with something like "I understand your concerns but all I can say to you is..." 

14 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Nothing stopping Adam coming out with something like "I understand your concerns but all I can say to you is..." 

Is what? What can he come out and say? What ever he could say will have been fed to him by the club that he works for. He isn't meant to be the mediator with fans when the team is performing shit. If that is anyone's role it should be MA's role but any club that does come out and speak about a current managerial situation will usually just give the dreaded vote of confidence that we all know means nothing. It's just in this case SL for some crazy reason actually means it

Just now, Show Me The Money! said:

Is what? What can he come out and say? What ever he could say will have been fed to him by the club that he works for. He isn't meant to be the mediator with fans when the team is performing shit. If that is anyone's role it should be MA's role but any club that does come out and speak about a current managerial situation will usually just give the dreaded vote of confidence that we all know means nothing. It's just in this case SL for some crazy reason actually means it

Exactly my point. He can't even manage to say what the party line is, whether or not we want to hear it. 

6 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Well, we should all stick together and fight for our and Steves dream; if you could all keep on giving us your money though we will fight on.....um......together. No dissent though please we are aware of the situation we will leave no stone unturned.......blah-de-blah.

10 hours ago, RumRed said:

I think he's left it too late, SL has now lost the trust of the supporters.  The new stands and sports bar isn't what matters to us fans.  Feeling that we're taken for granted does, needs to act now before BCFC ceases to exist in some people's minds, we may as well be MK ******* Dons.

where is the trust of the supporters (supporters trust) when we need them? they have done some good work in the past but it looks like to me they cant upset the apple cart atm and links to the top table could be cut if they do.

Archived