IGNORED

Apathy about Relegation

Fordy62

I have something to thank the club for. Such is the contempt shown in not sacking LJ, that I don't really care if we're relegated or not. 

Ordinarily I'd be desperate to avoid it. Previous relegations have been filled with heart ache and sorrow. 

Apathy is all I have. And the club have made me feel this way. 

I know many of you won't feel like this and are still desperate to avoid the drop and I commend you for it, but while we continue under the current regime, I just couldn't give a shit. I know I'll get some criticism for that and that's fair enough.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Lansdown deserves everything he gets. And to think as recently as 3-4 months ago he was a man I had whole confidence in. 

I know that "the fans have never felt so detached from the club" has become somewhat of a cliche, but I'm struggling to think of a worse time (only being one in 1982). 

How desperately sad things are. 

I never want city to lose . And have blind faith. We could be playing Real Madrid and I think we could get a result. Obviously I know we wouldn't but it's the feeling I get . I just want the season to be over . Obviously staying in the championship would be a bonus. But if we were relegated. Like yourself I couldn't give a toss at the moment. Lee Johnson needs to get out of this football club. And until he does. I will feel disillusioned and detached from something that has been a massive part of me and my family's life. Bad times

33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I have something to thank the club for. Such is the contempt shown in not sacking LJ, that I don't really care if we're relegated or not. 

Ordinarily I'd be desperate to avoid it. Previous relegations have been filled with heart ache and sorrow. 

I know many of you won't feel like this and are still desperate to avoid the drop and I commend you for it, but while we continue under the current regime, I just couldn't give a shit. I know I'll get some criticism for that and that's fair enough.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Lansdown deserves everything he gets. And to think as recently as 3-4 months ago he was a man I had whole confidence in. 

I know that "the fans have never felt so detached from the club" has become somewhat of a cliche, but I'm struggling to think of a worse time (only being one in 1982). 

You have allowed yourself to be swept by (what appears to be) the mob and carried away in a huge wave of negativity.  Forget the negative stuff and just support the team - the LJ issue will be resolved one way or another - but the team needs us now.  I don't know about you, but I always support the team whoever manages.

It's a strange dichotomy. My team does not deserve relegation. Us fans who fork out to pay for tickets, shirts and other items associated with club. Cold hard earned cash! Those who have city in our blood don't. But the management of this club do, from Lansdown to Ashton to Johnson. They all deserve it and while I'd be saddened for the fans and be happy that those at the top get what they deserve and that, I'm afraid, is relegation.

31 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

It's a strange dichotomy. My team does not deserve relegation. Us fans who fork out to pay for tickets, shirts and other items associated with club. Cold hard earned cash! Those who have city in our blood don't. But the management of this club do, from Lansdown to Ashton to Johnson. They all deserve it and while I'd be saddened for the fans and be happy that those at the top get what they deserve and that, I'm afraid, is relegation.

Your team doesn't deserve relegation? Oh, they do. Don't worry about them, most will go onto to another cosy 3 year deal somewhere else

The fans, there's nothing we can do about it, but it's always the fans who don't deserve it. We're stuck for life. Owners, managers, players come and go

I just need it to end, whichever way it pans out. If we stay up, great. If we go down, as long as the people I love wake up the next morning and are happy and healthy, I don't care. It's happened before, it will happen again. Mainly because we don't learn our lessons and will continue to make the same mistakes over and over

#makingbristolapathetic

2 hours ago, Dingbat said:

. At least relegation may hasten his departure.

It won't as SL et al will hope he can bounce back at the first attempt and then he'll be a hero in their eyes and all will be well .......

Hmmm, Sheffield United [arguably a bigger club than us ] look like they might make it at the 6th time of asking.

Just now, headhunter said:

It won't as SL et al will hope he can bounce back at the first attempt and then he'll be a hero in their eyes and all will be well .......

Hmmm, Sheffield United [arguably a bigger club than us ] look like they might make it at the 6th time of asking.

Sheffield united are definitely a bigger club than us

I feel like I did when we were last relegated. 

The club did act then and sacked McInnes, but SOD - knowing he had a free pass in the world's eyes as he had inherited a leaky boat - did **** all to change course or try to stave off the drop. We sank without a whimper. 

At that time, various Otib sages were telling us that relegation would be good for us and we'd rebuild and be able to storm L1 next season under the mumbling maestro. 

That worked out well.... :whistle:

Johnson should have gone months ago, but Lansdown isn't the only owner who takes a contrary position to most of the punters who support the club - Mike Ashley (for example) has been doing it for years.

It's life. I was born a City supporter into a City supporting family. I'm used to disappointments and unfulfilled ambitions.

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I couldn't agree with you more Fordy. I'm feeling exactly the same as you.

The boardroom is like frigging Fort Knox, it's all cloaks and daggers. We only get told what we want to hear, what the hell is going on behind the scenes? It's like some sort of cult where they all come out after dark wearing some funny hats and lot's of heaving breathing and chanting, maybe sacrificing a goat or 2.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, there is something very very wrong with this club, there has been for years and years but no one can put their finger on what it really is?

The 2 SAGS I work with have been jacking each other off with the thought of our relegation (they actually thought we were going to swap divisions at one point, so did I:() but I said to them the other day, is this the face of concern, and they really didn't like the fact that I didn't seem to have a care in the world whether we stayed up or not.

This season has literally sucked the life out of me, and I REALLY DON'T CARE ANYMORE. There's much more enjoyable things I can do on a match day.

By the way, anyone know who this Keith Dawe bloke is?

3 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

You have allowed yourself to be swept by (what appears to be) the mob and carried away in a huge wave of negativity.  Forget the negative stuff and just support the team - the LJ issue will be resolved one way or another - but the team needs us now.  I don't know about you, but I always support the team whoever manages.

The team needs us now? Try telling that to those who traveled to Preston midweek!

I'm apathetic by and large, however my apathy is interspersed with moments of rage. Again I am switching between anger and acceptance. I stopped receiving club propaganda to my inbox weeks ago and don't go to the club website. 

Sigh. Fingers crossed for a win on Saturday always, but for me it's more about a concern of total meltdown inside AG

Just now, swanker said:

The team needs us now? Try telling that to those who traveled to Preston midweek!

Do you think it would be better to be thoroughly unpleasent to them as they try to avoid relegation.  Preston is GONE - we can only influence future events.

9 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I`m so apathetic.....I genuinely couldn`t give a flying **** anymore. 

9 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Look, maybe you should support the club and open your eyes to see that LJ cannot manage the team that bares the clubs name. Your boys future is secure here no need to worry on that score though.

By the way you know even this fools "team" is very well supported at home and away;

The "team" by the way are also just passing through our club, will you follow this team to other clubs? and when you say team do you mean the whole squad or just the lucky ones that are drawn from the tombola every week?

5 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Do you think it would be better to be thoroughly unpleasent to them as they try to avoid relegation.  Preston is GONE - we can only influence future events.

:robbored: ok you are either Robbereds son or LJ`s dad not sure which yet but a :robbored: for sure

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

same boat mate as you, but better than staying on the Titanic

Archived