IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

Just now, brad blit said:

Perhaps looking too much into it but perhaps this really is a make or break game for LJ and SL has come over to talk after game. A loss could possibly take us into relegation and that might be final straw..... talking of which I may be clutching some! 

He is not going anywhere. He is already building his squad for next year according to the post.

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

I hope that everyone shows respect to our benefactor and understands that he is trying to get us all what we want - some may not understand decisions or agree, but they are not putting their £millions on the line. However much he plans and spends, he simply cannot control everything - best just to encourage and support rather than insult the guy - especially as we sit in the wonderful stadium that he has just built for us.

Your posts read as if you're sat in Steve Lansdown's front room tied to a chair with a gun to your head.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Let's hope GT is his usual self and asks the 'proper' questions and isn't hampered by the BS BS!

I have every confidence that GT won't be shackled or duck the big issues. I know there's plenty who despise him but he's made Bristol his home & is passionate about ALL local football and fans. A credit to his profession IMO

1 minute ago, brad blit said:

Perhaps looking too much into it but perhaps this really is a make or break game for LJ and SL has come over to talk after game. A loss could possibly take us into relegation and that might be final straw..... talking of which I may be clutching some! 

Unfortunately the relegation zone theory has already been disproven.

SL has his back against the wall as he's clearly been exposed as totally naive for continuing to back Johnson. GT knows that he could push this point, but also knows that doing so may give the shove SL may now be looking for to throw the towel in and to say balls to the whole idea and walk away and spend the rest of his days in the channel isles without having to deal with this type of cr@p all day. 

As such, I reckon that GT won't want to be the bloke who finally shoots City's goose with the golden egg, so he'll settle for an empathetic "I know how the fans feel, we had a good March, but lets all stick together for the final run in and leave it all on the field" 

Trouble is SL knows that everyone in the ground including Johnson and himself that Johnson should've been sacked months ago, and that  it's his own pig headedness that has led to the mire we're in right now. Johnson probably wishes he's been sacked months ago, so he could've spent the last few months on a beach, rather than having to turn up every day and watch any credibility he had wash away completely.

The only two question that remain are: Will City be even worse than those teams below them, and get relegated? and Will SL swallow his pride and appoint a new manager capable of motivating players to give a damn week in week out?

For the record I have renewed my season ticket, I felt like a pratt for doing it (it was mighty close) but I've sat with the same people in the stand for years and I love em to bits, and we've been through a lot together, and we certainly deserve better than Lee Johnson.

FFS Steve, admit you were wrong (which you are) and sack him (preferably on the pitch before the game), and put someone in charge for the final few games who can put a rocket up their arse and lets go down fighting please.

Just now, RaspberryRed said:

I have every confidence that GT won't be shackled or duck the big issues. I know there's plenty who despise him but he's made Bristol his home & is passionate about ALL local football and fans. A credit to his profession IMO

Does anyone really despise Geoff Twentyman?

GT: How do you see the future for City Steve?

SL: Well, as fans are clearly unhappy with my stewardship of the club, I've realised that I can do no more so am selling Bristol City to the Venkys.

Major Isewater retires to the Cayman Islands on the sales of his new improved and heavy duty bum oil.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

But you're full of shit , so I'm confident in my assumption. 

Shit, shit and more shit, BatFastard is full of shit!

On a serious note, assume GT has to submit questions he wants to ask today, so that SL's senior management can approve of the questions he will answer before the interview? Politicians question time again!

Will listen in though as I can't be bothered to go tomoz after the shit served up at Brentford. Gonna be nasty tomoz if we lose again.

1 hour ago, Honiton Tony said:

Is this a joke ?

No.   He occupies a higher level than us 'traffic signalling' simpletons and can see the wisdom of SL's ways.

Not actually bothered to help us out with any clues as to what this wisdom is though...

PS actually posted this without reading the rest of the thread so I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon..

I hope that everyone shows respect to our benefactor and understands that he is trying to get us all what we want - some may not understand decisions or agree, but they are not putting their £millions on the line. However much he plans and spends, he simply cannot control everything - best just to encourage and support rather than insult the guy - especially as we sit in the wonderful stadium that he has just built for us.

hqdefault.jpg.29bebce3f443937224636c547f991156.jpg

3 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

A small percentage as I've seen vitriol aimed his way on and off of here plenty of times over the years

I have to say quite unreservedly that I rate Geoff Twentyman. Way above the standard of the other Radio Bristol hacks.

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Does anyone really despise Geoff Twentyman?

No. Just like his father who I saw playing for Liverpool in the 1950's, he was a good honest pro who gave as much as he could and left everything on the pitch. Just because he played for the Gas doesn't mean he, now as a journalist, will do anything other than ask the right questions. They may not seem forceful enough for some on here but at least he will do it with a respect for SL.

If he blundered in with all guns blazing, he'd probably see only the back of SL as he walks away from the interview. 

Just now, cidered abroad said:

No. Just like his father who I saw playing for Liverpool in the 1950's, he was a good honest pro who gave as much as he could and left everything on the pitch. Just because he played for the Gas doesn't mean he, now as a journalist, will do anything other than ask the right questions. They may not seem forceful enough for some on here but at least he will do it with a respect for SL.

If he blundered in with all guns blazing, he'd probably see only the back of SL as he walks away from the interview. 

I like Geoff. Never knowingly shows any bias towards the squatters. He definitely has the face for radio.

I like Geoff Twentyman as he's got to do a difficult job on a limited budget. He's got to remain neutral but, at the same time, reflect the views of the supporters. If he fired into the various officials of City and Rovers, in the way certain people on the forum would, he would never get another interview. That said, on Saturday he's got to ask the difficult (for SL) questions. If he doesn't he won't have any credibility. It will be of little use trying to fill the phone in after the match with a cosy chat with Ian. 

Too much to hope that people realise that we all want the same thing - success on the pitch. A toxic atmosphers and toxic attacks on SL or LJ are simply not helpful with just 6 games left.

Neither is blind faith, and the longer it continues the closer we move towards the trap door with zero action by the club to stop the rot and end this misery.

1 hour ago, The_Don said:

Does anyone actually listen to Saturday Sport at 1:15 on a Saturday home game? 

Don't think I'll be giving up the Saturday routine to listen to the same answers he gives every time he's interviewed.

Doubt many listen to it as that's prime cider drinking time!

1 hour ago, kevster3 said:

HAPPY CLAPPERS like you are the reason he feels he can do as he pleases and ignore the fans 

Well how do you judge that?  A mob of vocal posters on a forum try to oust the head coach - and you think they represent the views of all the fans?  We all want to see success - some think you can do it by abuse and some by encouragement.  If you ever get the chance to read "Black Beauty" you will see examples of how this works.  If you can't be cothered to read it, the flogged horse drops dead!

We are trying to support our club but in different ways - I wish to encourage and save my criticism for a time when our backs are not against the wall - wheras you and your friends just want to cause a huge bust up at a critical moment in the season. The silly sexual references refer to things that are not familiar to me - clealy they are huge elements of your life's experience - but I suggest that you keep them where they belong, in your bedroom.  

I hope that Geoff asks the questions that need to be asked but avoide the rudeness and hysteria that seems to infest the attitudes of many on this forum at the moment. Hopefully, once the game gets started we can all give the team fantastic support - especially if we go behind (please don't take that as an invitation for your sexual humour) - because that is when they will need us the most. COYR!

I won't and haven't made any personal attack on SL, LJ or anyone else associated with BCFC. I am bloody furious at current events though (or lack of one in particular) and am wondering when the nightmare will end. If part of my questioning involves the owner and his belief that LJ is a great manager, I say show me the evidence. If SL is interfering with matters on the pitch....I want to know. I want to know why we can only achieve a yo yo existence between Tier 2 and Tier 3. What's wrong with that? Does he have any ambition to sell up? I want to know

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I won't and haven't made any personal attack on SL, LJ or anyone else associated with BCFC. I am bloody furious at current events though (or lack of one in particular) and am wondering when the nightmare will end. If part of my questioning involves the owner and his belief that LJ is a great manager, I say show me the evidence. If SL is interfering with matters on the pitch....I want to know. I want to know why we can only achieve a yo yo existence between Tier 2 and Tier 3. What's wrong with that? Does he have any ambition to sell up? I want to know

Nothing wrong with putting those questions in a calm, repectful and polite fashion.  I lose track of the individuals on this forum and what they have posted - but I get the impression that there are two or three dozen who are hurling hysterical and frankly quite ridiculous accusations at SL and LJ. There are a number of calmer and more reflective types, who are also concerned about our league position, but are willing to consider the fact that they don't actually know what happens behind the scenes and that the intelligent people who own and run the club may well have reasons for decisions made.  Every decision maker in business or anywhere else knows that you cannot always control the outcomes and remedial action sometimes needs to be applied.  I have more faith than some on here that SL and staff may have more of an inside track than the peddlars of vitriol on this forum. By all means question - but in a civilised matter.

Archived