IGNORED

Wolves Season Ticket Initiative

NorthBristolRed

Just been reading about their early bird season ticket initiative whereby if they hit 16500 sales before end of May, all fans receive a partial refund of between £59 and £119. They have already reached 14500.  Now obviously a lot of our fans are holding off until we know which division we're playing in, but still a great initiative in my opinion.  More and more clubs seem to be offering these kind of schemes offering either very cheap season tickets to fill larger stadiums, or initiatives like Wolves.

Shame we're not in a position to be able to offer something similar? (or have we previously???)

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

If you get 20k each week and each fan spends on average 20 quid a game on food and drink then that's worth a million over a season.

A family of 4 won't be spending £80 on food and drink every game. 

23 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

A family of 4 won't be spending £80 on food and drink every game. 

What a mare I've had there, sorry, long day. 

I agree they won't but on average I'd say it's like 20 quid per person. Some spend little some spend lots so average it out and I'd say 20 quid isn't far wrong.

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

What a mare I've had there, sorry, long day. 

I agree they won't but on average I'd say it's like 20 quid per person. Some spend little some spend lots so average it out and I'd say 20 quid isn't far wrong.

No worries. Although to look at some people you'd imagine they chomp through £50 of pies pasties before lunch. 

I think between £5 and £10 would be a more realistic figure per person on average and that is obviously not all profit but still a substantial amount of money, I certainly spend more in the ground now than I did before the redevelopment.

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

No worries. Although to look at some people you'd imagine they chomp through £50 of pies pasties before lunch. 

The amounts of money I see people spend down there is crazy.

I figured out over a season including season tickets I'm spending over a grand a season. Around 45-50 quid a game, sometimes even more.

I often think what else I could be doing with that money.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

If you get 20k each week and each fan spends on average 20 quid a game on food and drink then that's worth a million over a season.

You think 20,000 fans x 20 quid per home game x 23 home games = £1 million ?!

Oh dear....

Edit: apologies - just noticed others have pointed out her £8 million error!

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You think 20,000 fans x 20 quid per home game x 23 home games = £1 million ?!

Oh dear....

Edit: apologies - just noticed others have pointed out her £8 million error!

Whatever the figure being suggested, that's turnover, not the margin that can be spent on the club. 

Archived