IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Day Thread

11 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning @havanatopia. I always thought Disney's Robin Hood was a fox. Learn summat new every day!

2-1 win to the Wolf pack. But we lose by one goal so everything's gravy. 

Pegs....You are right, I believe, but that little red cuddly thing popped up when I searched for red wolves. Anyway, it looks good for effect does it not? :)

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

Which Wolf will show up today, the shy Red Wolf or the more aggressive Grey version? The Red Wolf was hunted almost to extinction in its natural habitat of the South Eastern United States.  As part of an ambitious captive-breeding program, the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service captured the 14 remaining red wolves they could find in the wild. These wolves are the ancestors of the 100-120 animals that now live in North Carolina, the first animal to be successfully reintroduced after being declared extinct in the wild. They all live in the Albermarle-Pamlico Peninsula. It is a 6000 square kilometre rural landscape comprised mostly of forested wetlands, herbaceous wetlands, upland pine forests, row-crop agriculture, and blackwater creeks.  The peninsula is surrounded by the second largest estuarine complex in North America, which is buffered from the Atlantic Ocean by a chain of barrier islands. At an average 1.5 metres above sea level the entire region is vulnerable to rising sea levels. A last stronghold for the Red Wolf clinging to an existence in remarkable circumstances yet with mankind assisting its redevelopment. A small but positive story of one species hopefully making it back.

The Grey Wolf, on the other hand, numbers some 200,000 and is found all across North America, mainly Canada, but also across much of Europe except the UK. Also known to be somewhat more aggressive than the Red Wolf. These are the only two internationally recognised species of Wolf although other similar or inter-related Wolves do exist that have mixed breed with other animals such as the Cayote.

So, if City are to get anything today they want a nice Red Wolf to turn up like this one..

58e83de24591a_Wolf1.jpeg.ea63a363f6be193a803a6f6eb84b7c32.jpeg

Or will it be a nasty Grey Wolf that slays the Robin and undermines the precipice City are currently on?

58e83f3af1d39_Wolf4.jpg.f0d01b158433e8d8a8cccb2d9a85993a.jpg

I just want to end by saying I found the interview LJ gave to Radio Bristol (or was it The Bristol Post) after the latest humiliation unquestionably illustrative of a man devoid of any genuine care or empathy in the world for the plight of what we fans are having to suffer. And, also, full of patronising innuendo and garbage talk. Perhaps he simply does not know that what he says is just so; am I being kind by giving him the benefit of the doubt on the bizarre and utterly detached remarks he comes out with?  

Nothing more to say folks. Apologies for my lack of enthusiasm; perhaps I mirror many by feeling lethargic about supporting this club right now.

I hope you all have a great weekend. That is all.

We want Leicester to turn up?

Good morning. Here in my county in Sweden, its called Dalarna, we have plenty of Wolves. Many families in the area. They are hunted once a year, the goverment decide how many will be killed. The problem is when they are to many they come to close. Each family has  a revir, and If they are to many they come to close to us and are not afraid of human. Anyway I dont see it as a problem. The problem now is our team and our position in the leauge. Today we wont no wolves in our defending area. Optimistic and believe we will win. 2-1 City. Coyr

• Like 1
3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

Which Wolf will show up today, the shy Red Wolf or the more aggressive Grey version? The Red Wolf was hunted almost to extinction in its natural habitat of the South Eastern United States.  As part of an ambitious captive-breeding program, the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service captured the 14 remaining red wolves they could find in the wild. These wolves are the ancestors of the 100-120 animals that now live in North Carolina, the first animal to be successfully reintroduced after being declared extinct in the wild. They all live in the Albermarle-Pamlico Peninsula. It is a 6000 square kilometre rural landscape comprised mostly of forested wetlands, herbaceous wetlands, upland pine forests, row-crop agriculture, and blackwater creeks.  The peninsula is surrounded by the second largest estuarine complex in North America, which is buffered from the Atlantic Ocean by a chain of barrier islands. At an average 1.5 metres above sea level the entire region is vulnerable to rising sea levels. A last stronghold for the Red Wolf clinging to an existence in remarkable circumstances yet with mankind assisting its redevelopment. A small but positive story of one species hopefully making it back.

The Grey Wolf, on the other hand, numbers some 200,000 and is found all across North America, mainly Canada, but also across much of Europe except the UK. Also known to be somewhat more aggressive than the Red Wolf. These are the only two internationally recognised species of Wolf although other similar or inter-related Wolves do exist that have mixed breed with other animals such as the Cayote.

So, if City are to get anything today they want a nice Red Wolf to turn up like this one..

Or will it be a nasty Grey Wolf that slays the Robin and undermines the precipice City are currently on?

I just want to end by saying I found the interview LJ gave to Radio Bristol (or was it The Bristol Post) after the latest humiliation unquestionably illustrative of a man devoid of any genuine care or empathy in the world for the plight of what we fans are having to suffer. And, also, full of patronising innuendo and garbage talk. Perhaps he simply does not know that what he says is just so; am I being kind by giving him the benefit of the doubt on the bizarre and utterly detached remarks he comes out with?  

Nothing more to say folks. Apologies for my lack of enthusiasm; perhaps I mirror many by feeling lethargic about supporting this club right now.

H . It is not the crap performances totally which has got me down , more the abject post match press conferences by LJ  who has persistently Alienated fans . If he had admitted ( as do other managers . ( Klopp, Clarke , and rugbys Eddie Jones for example  ) that the fault lay with him in a game , then at least we may have a small amount of belief that he is at least genuine . LJ has clearly had the media training stuff in huge doses . He is also secure financially stay or go . He is in a position which the majority of fans are not .The mans rhetoric " Love the club " is " full of sound ( not much fury ) signifying nothing . SL on 20man at lunchtime . Full support statement number 3 coming up . I just hope Geoff T asks the questions most of the contributors on here would live him to ask . 

• Like 3

Despite everything it's now very much the time for supporters to support and fans to be fantastic.

As all City fans know this is a life-long commitment that brings with it every known emotion, even occasional pleasure.

It may be counter-intuitive and extremely difficult to show great vocal support but in situations like the one we are in the fans can make a real difference.

COYR

• Like 6

I've always had a bit of an issue with Wolves. I don't care for them much at all. I think it stems from watching 'An American Werewolf in London' as a 12 year old. 

Needless to say @havanatopia, I don't much care for your choice of wolf photo. And wiry reference to @Garland-sweden's post above, boy am I glad I don't live there!

As for today's game, 2/1 looks a massive price on Wolves. Especially when Korey is going one on one with arguably the best winger in the league. 

Actually I can just imagine LJ now; "They've got the class of Costa (snigger) a 13m player and we just couldn't compete."

I really don't know how I feel about today's game. Part of me is looking forward to it as it seems ages since the last home game. A bigger part of me fears a ridiculous, divisive interview from SL pre match and a Fulham-type result, atmosphere and performance which would be an absolute disaster. 

All I know for sure is that it's a game we bloody well need to win. 

COYR

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

I don't think one single person at Ashton Gate has a clue what they're doing anymore from SL who looked completely shot during his last interview to the players who seem lost on the pitch .

It needs one almighty effort until the last day of the season to see us retain our status , the Preston game didn't show us that we'll get one . Worrying times.

I actually don't care if we lose today just so long as we show fight and commitment.

Burton are an example to us how to battle . 

Here's hoping.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Wolves have been on a decent run of form and they'll be very aware of City's precarious plight and try to take full advantage of an unhappy and volatile crowd.

If they score early...........:facepalm:

You've spelt "when" incorrectly sorry it's not spelt "if"

• Like 2

The OP about wolves in the wild is of interest to me because having lived for eight years (2005-2013) in central Portugal, I became aware of the significant recovery in numbers of the Iberian Wolf, a marginally smaller version of the Grey Wolf. Their habitat is mostly in Northern Spain from Galicia across to Catalonia and to the south of Galicia in Northern Portugal. Friends even saw them in the central region that we lived in about 150km north of Lisbon.

The increase in numbers is due mainly to a constant supply of food created by the annual dumping of around 80,000 unwanted dogs by Spaniards and Portuguese.

The recent recovery in the Championship by today's visitors to Ashton Gate is due in part to their ability to glean points on the road and I fully expect that The Wolves will gorge themselves at our expense this afternoon. Whether to the same severity as Preston did remains to be seen, but demolish us they will even though "Bully" is now far too old a wolf to go a-hunting.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 2
Just now, cidered abroad said:

The OP about wolves in th wild is of interest to me because having lived for eight years (2005-2013) in central Portugal, I became aware of the significant recovery in numbers of the Iberian Wolf, a marginally smaller version of the Grey Wolf. Their habitat is mostly in Northern Spain from Galicia across to Catalonia and to the south if Galicia in Northern Portugal. Friends even saw them in the central region that we lived in about 150km north of Lisbon.

The increase in numbers is due mainly to a constant supply of food created by the annual dumping of around 80,000 unwanted dogs by Spaniards and Portuguese.

The recent recovery in the Championship by today's visitors to Ashton Gate is due in part to their ability to glean points on the road and I fully expect that The Wolves will gorge themselves at our expense this afternoon. Whether to the same severity as Preston did remains to be seen, but demolish us they will even though "Bully" is now far too old a wolf to go a-hunting.

Will they let us take our dogs. 

As GON is injured again I would start Vyner RB and Smith in midfield otherwise we'll just get dicked....again. A poor Marlon Pack + an inexperienced Jens Hegeler (at this level) = another 5-0 IMO.

I fear the worst today, I really do. I think Blackburn will get a result against Barnsley and I just cant see us getting anything from this game.

Edited by LeeTomlin10
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Actually I can just imagine LJ now; "They've got the class of Costa (snigger) a 13m player and we just couldn't compete."

He's already done that Fordy , or at least set it up , Highlighted Costa and how Wolves have the finances to recruit these sort of players , very well resourced blah blah blah

• Like 1

This from Paul Lambert on BBC Sport: "

"Maybe their crowd will come and, if they don't get off to great start, are going to criticise. We have to make sure we use that to put even more pressure on them."

I want LJ gone as much as anyone but let's NOT give Lambert what he wants . I for one want to be able to look in the mittor at 5-00 tonight knowing I'd played my part today to help my club and not the opposion. If we can play like we did against Huddersfield there's no reason we cant have a repeat performace !

• Like 4

Can't be too often a team lines up for a home match having won the last one of those by four unanswered goals, yet also having lost their last game by a similar number!

Elsewhere today Blackburn host Barnsley, Burton welcome Villa, and Forest have Huddersfield to visit - I worry that all three of those game represent better opportunities for points or wins for our rivals, while an absolutely flying Wolves team will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing us.

However, maybe a very bad loss at Preston might have restored some professional pride (or the refund to the fans made them crave another win bonus, at least), and I'm hoping it'll liven things up.

COYR!

Edited by samo II

I always go to a City match in hope of a good performance and a win, but it's becoming very difficult to do this. If, by any chance, things don't go to plan today and City are losing, rather than booing, why don't we play the "what's the time Mr Wolf" game but substituting LJ for Mr Wolf  i.e.

What's the time LJ? Two o'clock

What's the time LJ? Three o'clock

Whats the time LJ? Time to resign!