IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Day Thread

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Pegs....You are right, I believe, but that little red cuddly thing popped up when I searched for red wolves. Anyway, it looks good for effect does it not? :)

Oh. I actually thought you were right originally. You know good red wolf (Robin) v bad grey wolf (Sheriff).

It does look awesome though. One of my fave Disney films! :yes:

The first time I saw the Wolves play was at Cardiff City circa 1952/3. they wore those lovely Old Gold shirts, a mixture of red, gold and brown. Captained by Billy Wright they were then what Man U were a few years back and what Chelsea are now. The best team in the English League.

The next time a year or so later was the first match under the new Ashton Gate floodlights when the colours had changed to a glossy yellow to make them more visible under lights. At that time I wanted to be a goalkeeper so another chance to see Bert Williams the England number one at the time.

Fast forward to 1965 in Big John's last season and an honourable draw at Molineux on Boxing Day. At home the next evening under another new set of floodlights, with only four giant towers replacing the miniature ones dotted along the touchline, we lost at home 0-1.

And so to today. What will we do? Lose again? I really hope not but fear the worst. 

• Like 2

As ever......... UP THE CITY!

Despite Lee......despite everything really....... not happy though.... don't be fooled ;)

Lee will eventually go ..... our team will change....... let us hope for better BCFC days... just like we have for most of the years we have supported the club.

That said, they do happen on odd occasions. 

• Like 2

First time saw Wolves was at City's opening game of the 77/78 season, 20th Aug 1977, we lost 3-2, remember being chased along Winterstoke Rd after the game before catching the 352 back to WsM. The return match was 0-0 in the Jan.

Just hope we can turn in a performance like we did v Hudd, players must have some pride?

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

This from Paul Lambert on BBC Sport: "

"Maybe their crowd will come and, if they don't get off to great start, are going to criticise. We have to make sure we use that to put even more pressure on them."

I want LJ gone as much as anyone but let's NOT give Lambert what he wants . I for one want to be able to look in the mittor at 5-00 tonight knowing I'd played my part today to help my club and not the opposion. If we can play like we did against Huddersfield there's no reason we cant have a repeat performace !

Totally agree with the sentiment. I want LJ out but want us to stay up more. IF it all goes wrong and we are down by the time we play Brum then that is the time to really let them know what we think.

While we still need points and could stay up I can't see the point as SL ain't listening and it can't be helping the players.

4 hours ago, glos old boy said:

but the manager can make more difference........and the fans have been fantastic and supportive and where has that got us......one thing has stayed the same we need to change that to get anywhere. You mean well but its old hat and we are past fans help/fault

GOB I'm not suggesting any fault whatsoever with City fans, they have been superb, merely suggesting we still have a huge part to play.

8 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

Which Wolf will show up today, the shy Red Wolf or the more aggressive Grey version? The Red Wolf was hunted almost to extinction in its natural habitat of the South Eastern United States.  As part of an ambitious captive-breeding program, the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service captured the 14 remaining red wolves they could find in the wild. These wolves are the ancestors of the 100-120 animals that now live in North Carolina, the first animal to be successfully reintroduced after being declared extinct in the wild. They all live in the Albermarle-Pamlico Peninsula. It is a 6000 square kilometre rural landscape comprised mostly of forested wetlands, herbaceous wetlands, upland pine forests, row-crop agriculture, and blackwater creeks.  The peninsula is surrounded by the second largest estuarine complex in North America, which is buffered from the Atlantic Ocean by a chain of barrier islands. At an average 1.5 metres above sea level the entire region is vulnerable to rising sea levels. A last stronghold for the Red Wolf clinging to an existence in remarkable circumstances yet with mankind assisting its redevelopment. A small but positive story of one species hopefully making it back.

The Grey Wolf, on the other hand, numbers some 200,000 and is found all across North America, mainly Canada, but also across much of Europe except the UK. Also known to be somewhat more aggressive than the Red Wolf. These are the only two internationally recognised species of Wolf although other similar or inter-related Wolves do exist that have mixed breed with other animals such as the Cayote.

So, if City are to get anything today they want a nice Red Wolf to turn up like this one..

58e83de24591a_Wolf1.jpeg.ea63a363f6be193a803a6f6eb84b7c32.jpeg

Or will it be a nasty Grey Wolf that slays the Robin and undermines the precipice City are currently on?

58e83f3af1d39_Wolf4.jpg.f0d01b158433e8d8a8cccb2d9a85993a.jpg

I just want to end by saying I found the interview LJ gave to Radio Bristol (or was it The Bristol Post) after the latest humiliation unquestionably illustrative of a man devoid of any genuine care or empathy in the world for the plight of what we fans are having to suffer. And, also, full of patronising innuendo and garbage talk. Perhaps he simply does not know that what he says is just so; am I being kind by giving him the benefit of the doubt on the bizarre and utterly detached remarks he comes out with?  

Nothing more to say folks. Apologies for my lack of enthusiasm; perhaps I mirror many by feeling lethargic about supporting this club right now.

I hope you all have a great weekend. That is all.

Condensed Version

Wolves:

No enthusiasm sorry and LJ talks crap

Score ..................... who cares

Every time a game comes around now I wonder if this is an ultimatum game for LJ. Given the initial "no comment" from the club the day after Preston, I suspect there was some consideration over his future and wonder if the board have told LJ he has to win today.

That said....

1 win in 200 games didn't get him the sack.

8 defeats in a row didn't get him the sack.

Relegation zone didn't get him the sack.

0-5 v Preston didn't get him the sack.

....so who knows any more?!

Hoping for a win, expecting a defeat, curious about the aftermath.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Every time a game comes around now I wonder if this is an ultimatum game for LJ. Given the initial "no comment" from the club the day after Preston, I suspect there was some consideration over his future and wonder if the board have told LJ he has to win today.

That said....

1 win in 200 games didn't get him the sack.

8 defeats in a row didn't get him the sack.

Relegation zone didn't get him the sack.

0-5 v Preston didn't get him the sack.

....so who knows any more?!

Hoping for a win, expecting a defeat, curious about the aftermath.

Maybe we've misunderstood what narrow margins means. 

Usually quite positive, but I've got a horrible feeling about today. I think it will all go wrong, not just us losing but others around us all have winnable games today, and I can just see us losing 3 posts on Blackburn, Forest Birmingham and Burton toady.

Being positive, I've generally been wrong this season, so hoping that continues.

COYR