IGNORED

Life without Tammy?

Dolman Block B

Dreadful season, even if we are lucky to keep our Championship season.

The bigger picture that this wonderful talent will be off, there is no doubt of that. 

To think Mr SL could do a deal to keep him would be nothing short of a miracle but that wont happen.

So, who could we possibly bring in to match what has been a breath of fresh air, a huge talent, a lovely young man, and someone who has giving his all to our club?

Over to you.

Tammy has been the one blessing in a truly abysmal season.Will be so sorry to see him go.I really hope he achieves everything he aspires to.No matter where he goes and whatever heights he reaches,even in a bad season I hope he always feels a "bit City".In a game that can leave supporters feeling more and more disengaged I cannot wish enough good things on him.

There will have to be a wholesale rebuiling of the forwards part of the squad.  It seems unlikely that Alby will be given another year - although he could still be useful.  That will mean that we need a biggish player, who can play one up on his own, as well as a fast player. Given that these are likely to be more senior and dependable types - it seems entirely possible that we will have to go for "free transfers" from the Prem or have to wave the cheque book.  We will also need at least one right back.  If we look for experience, someone like Glenn Murray or that ex Bournemouth French chap that went to Reading would be the type we might look at. We should also not rule out the fact that our talented and very well connected head coach may be able to pull a couple of brilliant young Premier league loan deals out of the bag - like Tammy.  He has shown that he is not afraid to give young players plenty of Championship game time.

He`s going to be a huge player to replace but we do have the basis of a decent front line. From what I`ve seen of Milan up to now he looks the real deal and our Wilbs replacement. The jury`s still out on Taylor I feel but I think he can make it - he`s shown he can step up when called upon for the last two years TBF.

With a couple of decent additions - one older head (Glenn Murray say although I reckon a lot of clubs better than us will be after him so perhaps someone like Clayton Donaldson or Cameron Jerome) and one young player such as Aiden O'Brien from Millwall if they don`t go up I think we would be OK.

It also depends massively on what the future holds for the likes of Gustav and Shawn McCoulsky as well.

Could have said the same about Kodjia last season and Baldock, Maynard etc before him. We will find someone although it goes without saying that his loss will be felt, as it was with Kodjia. I'm sure the forward position will be a priority in the summer although there's not a big market for forwards in the lower leagues at the moment. May have to look abroad.

Just now, JHAGa said:

Could have said the same about Kodjia last season and Baldock, Maynard etc before him. We will find someone although it goes without saying that his loss will be felt, as it was with Kodjia. I'm sure the forward position will be a priority in the summer although there's not a big market for forwards in the lower leagues at the moment. May have to look abroad.

You have to say though, for a 19 year old he hi leaps and bounds above both you mention.

I would love the lad to stay, won't happen though. And the mention of 36/37 year olds joining is not going to happen either.

So young players probably in leagues one and two........names please?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What does "wasted him" mean?

Allow me to explain...

If the head coach had us playing to even 75% of what we're capable of, Tammy should have been a strike who'd have us knocking on the door of the playoffs. As it is, we've been shit and Tammy alone has dragged us up from between Rotherham and Wigan which is where we would have been without him. 

There you go 'wasted'. 

5 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

I thought that. Wasted? The lad is class

I guess the point being made was more 'not taken advantage of' him being here rather than wasted.

Agree Milan I guess is pencilled in for the Wilbs replacement. The rest of our forwards all would need to develop a huge amount to anywhere near replace him. The issue is there are about twenty forums of fans in this league saying all we need over the summer is a twenty a season striker.

As an aside, the teams that go up rarely seem to have the league top scorers. Generally tight at the back, and score from all over.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Allow me to explain...

If the head coach had us playing to even 75% of what we're capable of, Tammy should have been a strike who'd have us knocking on the door of the playoffs. As it is, we've been shit and Tammy alone has dragged us up from between Rotherham and Wigan which is where we would have been without him. 

There you go 'wasted'. 

Reasonable explanation but it wasn't your statement.......

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

You have to say though, for a 19 year old he hi leaps and bounds above both you mention.

I would love the lad to stay, won't happen though. And the mention of 36/37 year olds joining is not going to happen either.

So young players probably in leagues one and two........names please?

As I said above, Aiden O'Brien. Always looked pacy, direct and sharp and my Millwall STH brother-in-law says he`s the best they`ve had for years and more than capable of playing in the championship - he just hopes it`s with them!

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Allow me to explain...

There you go 'wasted'. 

I've read this.

35 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Allow me to explain...

There you go 'wasted'. 

Tammy isn't the only player in our team you know...

Archived