IGNORED

Aaron Wilbraham another year ?

foghornred

Given his considerable contribution since he's been at AG, it would be helpful if his situation was clarified before the Birmingham City game, so he could be given an appropriate 'send off' if he is hanging up his boots and/or heading home (which I have also heard mentioned, not ITK, just 'terrace talk'). I just think it would be a shame if he couldn't say his goodbyes and have his efforts recognized should this be his last game.

18 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH it's a no for me. 

Teddy Sheringham might have kept going until he was 40, but I don't think Wilbs - great bloke that he is - is in his league. Father Time is catching up and when he does he comes on bloody fast. Just look at David James!

Nice to think we can retain him, but I think it's sentiment talking if we do.

yes you got to let go was a good signing but if half of em on here had their way we would still have louis carey an scott murray playing

I don`t think he will stay here either as player or coach. He`s always said he wants to go back up north and I think the end of this season will be when he makes that break.

In an ideal world, we`re safe by the time we play Brum and him and Tammy can start and both come off with about five minutes between the subs just to give the roof time to settle back down in between!

A model pro and I feel very lucky to have seen him play as often as I have done.

Isnt this just another case of a 'jobs for the boys' if he gets a coaching role.. im sorry i like the guy and he has been a decent player for us but coaching wise we need experience and not another rookie learning the ropes.. why does it always have to be us that people are learning with ffs

Archived