IGNORED

How much will Steve give Lee

Negan

Assuming we stay up. How much do you think Steve will give to Johnson and co this summer. Over 15m spent this year on permanent transfers. Granted we've made that back with the players sold but I doubt we'll be selling anyone for 15m this summer. 

So do you think we can expect big money being spent this summer providing we stay up? Lansdown has given Johnson his full backing so it'll be interesting to see how he backs him in the window. 

Dear Mr Lansdown, If we're going to spend as much as we did last summer then make sure it's on players who are ready to go now so little Lee can't blame it on the players not being mentally/physically ready. 5 kodjias will do 

He has indicated that the money from our outgoing transfers of Kodjia, Ayling and Freeman has not all been spent .

In fairness to SL he has always supported the managers when they ask for players . 

We will also see some departures thus freeing up more funds .

If we stay up I'm hoping for quality rather than quantity .

In my opinion bring in four or five players and not have much change of 15 million quid .

He needs to realise that it will cost to get out of this league.

I agree about the need to develop our academy, but it cannot be done this way alone.

That said, living in Keynsham I'm amazed how for the last 30 years Southampton are the go to club and where lots of the local talent ply their trade.

Even Bath & Wilts Boys  seem to play more of the locals.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In fairness to SL he has always supported the managers when they ask for players . 

I expect Cotts may argue that point, Major!

7 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

This was the one bright light in LJ still being here next season.

You get the feeling SL would push the boat out for LJ more than any other manager.

Thats great as long as we identify the right players.

Was going to say the same. If he's sticking by his man then I'd expect to see some serious money being spent

Your last point being the key one....

Since he seems to believe the "project" is still broadly going according to plan, I'd expect him to back LJ in the same way he would however the season had gone (excepting promotion or relegation).

In theory this will be the third of the three transfer windows that Johnson said he'd need, so we should be looking at the final pieces of the jigsaw.

Oddly enough I still think that could be the case as performances have shown they're not a million miles away from being a good side. Trouble is those last few players will need to improve the team both technically and mentally, so it's a pretty big ask of the recruitment team.

1 minute ago, BCFC_Dan said:

In theory this will be the third of the three transfer windows that Johnson said he'd need, so we should be looking at the final pieces of the jigsaw.

I think his 3 transfer windows are now gone. As he stated we had to hurry through some experienced players in January because we were struggling so much.

so in essence he's had all the transfer windows it is now HIS squad and we're still struggling.

To answer the thread title, and on the assumed basis Steve is the giver (???), then I would imagine he will just tease Lee with the first couple of inches.

I can't believe the stuff the mods let go on OTIB these days.

Bring back the good old days of getting Warning Points for virtually nothing.

:boxing:

tfj

Our first 11 cost 13.7m (excluding Bartley as he is on loan and estimating Pontus will cost 3.5m when loan converted to buy)

The 7 most used subs cost an extra 6.3m.

Only 3 of our regular 18 came up through the youth (shocked me how poor that is).

Im genuinely shocked you've spent that much this season.

2 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Since he seems to believe the "project" is still broadly going according to plan, I'd expect him to back LJ in the same way he would however the season had gone (excepting promotion or relegation).

Oddly enough I still think that could be the case as performances have shown they're not a million miles away from being a good side. Trouble is those last few players will need to improve the team both technically and mentally, so it's a pretty big ask of the recruitment team.

I think the other worry is there have been a few missteps in the transfer market, though you would hope the club were se sensible enough to realise that not every transfer comes off.

I think to really compete we need at the very least:

A first choice goalkeeper 

a first choice and a back-up right back

A first choice left back

A first choice central midfielder

a first choice right winger

A first choice striker 

Possibly a squad striker 

So we're still looking at 8 players minimum that we need. That said, I do think the two full-back positions and the right goalkeeper are the absolutely essential ones - I think a quality right and left back could make a huge difference to our defence and attack and a trustworthy keeper who can organise the defence would be invaluable. If we get those three positions right, it would put us at least mid-table next season.

Just now, aza said:

Our first 11 cost 13.7m (excluding Bartley as he is on loan and estimating Pontus will cost 3.5m when loan converted to buy)

Only 3 of our regular 18 came up through the youth (shocked me how poor that is).

I think most of us are to be honest! Particularly as we don't have that much to show for it... some promising young players who might become top players at this level at the moment but a lot of our signings still have much to prove.

Many of you have misunderstood what this thread is about.

It is not about the squad and spending money, it is about the bromance between Stevie and Lee-ie.

I always thought Lee was the giver, but we can discuss this over the entire summer, as we have started playing like the Champions League outfit we will become within 3 years.

:yawn:

16 minutes ago, aza said:

Is it just me or are you on the wrong forum ? 

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is it just me or are you on the wrong forum ? 

I come back every time we play you, (as most of my friends support your lot), this time I've stayed as your plight is all they bloody talk about.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

He needs to realise that it will cost to get out of this league.

I agree about the need to develop our academy, but it cannot be done this way alone.

That said, living in Keynsham I'm amazed how for the last 30 years Southampton are the go to club and where lots of the local talent ply their trade.

Even Bath & Wilts Boys  seem to play more of the locals.

Too right.

Could be over £15M to get into league 1 this season.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

He has indicated that the money from our outgoing transfers of Kodjia, Ayling and Freeman has not all been spent .

We will also see some departures thus freeing up more funds .

If we stay up I'm hoping for quality rather than quantity .

In my opinion bring in four or five players and not have much change of 15 million quid .

not big tone

condensed version

were fu ck ed

2 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Assuming we stay up. How much do you think Steve will give to Johnson and co this summer. Over 15m spent this year on permanent transfers. Granted we've made that back with the players sold but I doubt we'll be selling anyone for 15m this summer. 

So do you think we can expect big money being spent this summer providing we stay up? Lansdown has given Johnson his full backing so it'll be interesting to see how he backs him in the window. 

Dear Mr Lansdown, If we're going to spend as much as we did last summer then make sure it's on players who are ready to go now so little Lee can't blame it on the players not being mentally/physically ready. 5 kodjias will do 

15 million gets banded about but where did this come from? 

Transfermarkt says we spent 10 including 3 million on Tomlin (who the majority thought was good business) 

3 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

If he keeps us in the Championship I guess a good "6 inches" !

1 hour ago, aza said:

I come back every time we play you, (as most of my friends support your lot), this time I've stayed as your plight is all they bloody talk about.

You are, of course , very welcome but I was thrown because I didn't recognise the player's names and didn't see the relevance of your post in connection with the thread theme .

Archived