IGNORED

5 years ago today...

Tinmans Love Child

32 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

We may have gone nowhere, but look what happened to the clubs's just beneath us :shocking:

True; two of them have won the FA Cup as well, though. And qualified for Europe (well, Cov would've done). Time we did or had something exciting of that kind here; financial and ownership stability is difficult to get worked up about (whilst being undervalued and not to be taken for granted). Like it says at White Hart Lane: it's about the glory.

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

True; two of them have won the FA Cup as well, though. And qualified for Europe (well, Cov would've done). Time we did or had something exciting of that kind here; financial and ownership stability is difficult to get worked up about (whilst being undervalued and not to be taken for granted). Like it says at White Hart Lane: it's about the glory.

i can't believe you're ignoring our record-breaking JPT win....    ;) :whistle:

And do you know what the worse thing about that is..............

We played Coventry in a "old fashion " atmosphere at The Gate , where I felt the home supporters were really the 12th man and made a difference. And our star player was a loan player called Chris Wood. We should have got him permanently at the end of the season. Since then he has scored a hat trick against us with Leicester , and he's now at Leeds where he is the divisions top scorer.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

2 minutes ago, Judda said:

Don't worry.... 5 years from now we'll be in league 2.... I'll be in my same seat though!

At least as a pessimist you won't be disappointed if we do end up there. I think it more likely you'll be pleasantly surprised by where we are though.

Archived