IGNORED

The Official Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Thank you Hav for an entertaining and educational start to my day. Good day City fans everywhere I fancy we will win 2-1 today although 2-2 (as SP mentions) might indeed be the outcome. Whatever the score I salute all the City travelling support and hope the team play really, really well and give 100% - can not ask for anymore than that. COYR!

• Like 2

Well done to H and all the posters , all been said so I don't have to post ...

but I'll just add today's game very much depends on which teams turn up for each club . 

I think we have more firepower than Rovers if we attack from the off and get our noses in front I'm pretty certain that we will win .

However , If they score first will we crumble and play like a bunch of tarts ? 

Hmmm , crumble, tart ...

Go on les babbers Sing for City and King Harry ( Dolman ) .

Crush those chicken nuggets and bring the three points home to their rightful place .

• Like 1

Real must win for them, wheras the first real chance for us to put this season to bed. We have the poorest away form next to Rotherham, so hopefully we are not to passive, and actually try and play some football.

Feels like 1-1 will be the highest score likely, but who knows. We are in the margin of error region now in terms of a chance taken or missed, a mistake, a 25 yard cracker, a decision given or not. Hopefully falls our way today.

Birmingham to beat Burton please. Enough of this 'better to have as many involved as possible' stuff. Just want the teams with fewest points to lose now. No surprises wanted at Brighton v Wigan - want to keep that Cat away from being put amougst any pigeons, and Cardiff to beat Forest.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning Hav and all...

Got a niggle in my belly again. It might be down to the curry I had last night or it might be because I think we will lose 2-1...

This really should have 2-2 draw written all over it though... we shall see...

I have a similar niggle in mine,and it wasn't Mrs R's chicken casserole- am concerned that Lee will 'tinker',and with that will come 'one up top'...

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

A win would be excellent.

A draw would be good.

A defeat wouldn't be a disaster.

Ergo - go for it, two up top and full on attack.

100%.

Any team changes, unless enforced, would be moronic and indicate the tombola is fixed.

Theres a decent understanding in the team at the moment. Two up top and carry on

• Like 2

Our record against the teams around us is pretty good.

Rotherham H & A = 4 points.

Wigan H & A = 6 points.

Burton H & A = 4 points.

Florest H & A = 3 points

And we beat Blackburn at home.

However traditionally this is the sort of game that I would expect us to lose, bottom line if we are not up for it we will lose, I will sit on the fence and say draw, but have little confidence with that prediction to be honest, despite our slight upturn in form.

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Our record against the teams around us is pretty good.

Rotherham H & A = 4 points.

Wigan H & A = 6 points.

Burton H & A = 4 points.

Florest H & A = 3 points

And we beat Blackburn at home.

However traditionally this is the sort of game that I would expect us to lose, bottom line if we are not up for it we will lose, I will sit on the fence and say draw, but have little confidence with that prediction to be honest, despite our slight upturn in form.

All the way back in October we beat Blackburn 1-0 with at 88th minute Wilbs goal. Not sure we deserved it that day, but what a crucial goal that might still turn out to be.

Put them in the relegation zone, and put us in 6th. 23 points from 14 games.

With respect, I don't buy into the 'free shot' point of view shared by some on here. A win for them would give them a huge boost following their win against Florist and with Brighton up next for us we could be right in the mire come 5pm next Saturday. I would be massively happy with a point right now and Im confident we can get it. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I was angry with us conceding that goal Saturday. Easily avoidable. And can't imagine letting in a last minute goal does a lot for the confidence of our defence.

It might just give them a little reminder to stay concentrated to the final whistle.

Everybody knows how important today's match is.

I fancy us to shade it . If we score first it will be hell for Rovers .

Mowbray Out :protest:

Melton Mowbray . 

Edited by Major Isewater
1 hour ago, lenred said:

With respect, I don't buy into the 'free shot' point of view shared by some on here. A win for them would give them a huge boost following their win against Florist and with Brighton up next for us we could be right in the mire come 5pm next Saturday. I would be massively happy with a point right now and Im confident we can get it. 

We have Barnsley next before Brighton, but get your drift.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Difficult to be confident with our abysmal away record. Get out of there with a point and it's nearly job done in terms of survival.

This . Our away form has been shocking. I would take a point definitely. Surely we're due an away performance. The fans who travel definitely deserve one . Come on city let's put this to bed

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Nothing 'free' about it-would put massive pressure on Barnsley home with all its 'connotations'-not to mention Brighton away to follow.

If Lee sets us up defensively today,as in 'not to lose' that will be indefensible (if you know what I mean).

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

We have Barnsley next before Brighton, but get your drift.

Ah, what a donut! Too much booze this weekend. Puts a different slant on things. Still feel we need to halt any Blackburn fight back today though if we can. 

Edited by lenred

I am concerned about Blackburn today... They will have a little bit of confidence about them after their win last week.

It is imperative that we play our football (not all out defence and try not lose) and get an early goal (or three) to knock that out of them.

My heart wants us to win today but my head says it wouldn't be City if we made it easy for ourselves.,,

COYRS.....I know that you can put it to bed.....please don't choke today.....lets send them down!

A lot of em oop north think they got it in the bag due to our bad away form..This comment from they're forum..

They're even worse than us way from home. 

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

We won't have a better chance than this to put pressure on the teams above us by getting 3 points.

I'm going for 1-3 on account that they're crap and play in blue and white and the initials of BRFC.

Abraham and Taylor and Patterson to do the damage

COYR

Edited by kevthered