IGNORED

The Official Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or looking at this in another way

Would anyone not have taken our current position and points after Preston ?

:thumbsup:

Or looking at this in  another way. 

Would anyone have taken our current position and points at the beginning of the season, after the hype of the summer signing? It's a good point today but we shouldn't be in this position after the summer and January signing sprees. I hope we stay up but find it difficult  to be enthused by next season. 

• Like 3
Just now, sephjnr said:

IFs fatter than Tomlin that you don't want to rely on.

I do not think anyone is arguing that we would all be feeling a damned site better if we had won. Sounded like we were more likely to get the second than them to get level. It happens, and then we had to dig out what we could in the last twenty. It could have been 1 point as well. Might have been 7 sure, but it is 4.

Its done. On to the next one. Totally in our hands.

• Like 1
Just now, pongo88 said:

Or looking at this in  another way. 

Would anyone have taken our current position and points at the beginning of the season, after the hype of the summer signing? It's a good point today but we shouldn't be in this position after the summer and January signing sprees. I hope we stay up but find it difficult  to be enthused by next season. 

I totally agree but we can't change what's gone and just pleased that we look as if we might / should be ok when I  thought we looked in deep shite  pre Huddersfield and Post Preston

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Looking a lot healthier than a few weeks ago, think I'd be twitching a bit if I was drum or Forest.
Still think it will finish as it is now though.

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Barnsley (H) Sat 22nd April

Brighton (A) Sat 29th April

Birmingham (H) Sun 7th May

BIRMINGHAM 47 points (GD -21)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

Huddersfield (H) Sat 29th April

City (A) Sun 7th May

FOREST (45 points) (GD-12)

Reading (H) Sat 22nd April

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

BLACKBURN (41 points) (GD-16)

Wolves (A) Sat 22nd April

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

Brentford (A) Sun 7th May

Adding Burton, they have Leeds (H), Barnsley (A) and Reading (H) left. No gimmies there. Think they have enough, but huge win for them today.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I totally agree but we can't change what's gone and just please that we look as if we might / should be ok when I  thought we looked in deep shite  pre Huddersfield and Post Preston

Let's worry about next season when this one is effectively finished.

• Like 2

Given that many had resigned themselves to us going down after the shambles at Preston, especially when a sacking didn't follow, we have to be pretty chuffed with how the last 3 games have gone.

Shame we couldn't hold on today but Blackburn were always going to throw everything at us in the 2nd half and we've not been good at seeing games out all season. Another win will do it, and frankly as it stands Blackburn are going to be more concerned about catching Birmingham and Forest than they are about us.

from the BBC:

Abraham, Matty Taylor and Josh Brownhill all wasted chances to make it 2-0 before Rovers rescued a point.

On-loan Chelsea striker Abraham, 19, was arguably most guilty, shooting straight at the goalkeeper when through on goal as the Robins created a host of great opportunities prior to Gallagher's equaliser.

Bristol City remain four points above the relegation zone, with fixtures against Barnsley, Brighton and Birmingham remaining.

They could have all but sealed their Championship survival during a dominant first 70 minutes at Ewood Park, but were unable to hold on for a third successive win.

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Adding Burton, they have Leeds (H), Barnsley (A) and Reading (H) left. No gimmies there. Think they have enough, but huge win for them today.

The thing about Burton, they are the one team that can be said they have given their all this season. Many of the other teams look as though they have downed tools at times. 
Got to take your hat off to Clough , he's done a good job , couple of draws will be enough for both of us I think.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Doesn't ffs sound funnier in a Brummie accent?

I was expecting to read "Johnson out" on Forest's forum :)

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 2

We could do with Brum going down, although they're doing terribly they have new, richer, owners & may get it right next season. Blackburn (and Forest to an extent) on the other hand, they're a basket case either way so I'd rather we played them next year.

Edited by Tammys Scan

Just goes to show that changing horses in mid stream isn't often the answer. In fact in Birmingham's case, they were fixing a problem that wasn't there. 2 wins in 22 for Zola, but I'd bet there would have been people welcoming him as the new messiah here because he was a big name.  And as for Tony Mowbray, having a hand in two relegated  clubs in one season (if Blackburn go) would  be an unusual achievement. Better the devil you know as my old mum used to say. Mind you, her and Lucifer were close. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Looking a lot healthier than a few weeks ago, think I'd be twitching a bit if I was drum or Forest.
Still think it will finish as it is now though.

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Barnsley (H) Sat 22nd April

Brighton (A) Sat 29th April

Birmingham (H) Sun 7th May

BIRMINGHAM 47 points (GD -21)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

Huddersfield (H) Sat 29th April

City (A) Sun 7th May

FOREST (45 points) (GD-12)

Reading (H) Sat 22nd April

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

BLACKBURN (41 points) (GD-16)

Wolves (A) Sat 22nd April

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

Brentford (A) Sun 7th May

Seeing as Barnsley have nothing to play for and our home form is good then that should be a definite 3 points

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just goes to show that changing horses in mid stream isn't often the answer. In fact in Birmingham's case, they were fixing a problem that wasn't there. 2 wins in 22 for Zola, but I'd bet there would have been people welcoming him as the new messiah here because he was a big name.  And as for Tony Mowbray, having a hand in two relegated  clubs in one season (if Blackburn go) would  be an unusual achievement. Better the devil you know as my old mum used to say. Mind you, her and Lucifer were close. 

TBF calls for Johnson to go are centred around him leading us into a relegation scrap and on a record losing run; if we'd sacked him when level on points with sixth place, of course it would have been stupid.

The Rowett/Zola swap bares no resemblance to a form-based firing: that's is a 'new broom' situation where the money-men want their boy in.

• Like 3