IGNORED

The Official Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, dereks no1 said:

Seeing as Barnsley have nothing to play for and our home form is good then that should be a definite 3 points

City/we  and definite 3 points in the same sentence ??? Love your optimism .:thumbsup:

Plus , just being picky , I guess that should be , 'recent home form' :yes:

41 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Looking a lot healthier than a few weeks ago, think I'd be twitching a bit if I was drum or Forest.
Still think it will finish as it is now though.

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Barnsley (H) Sat 22nd April

Brighton (A) Sat 29th April

Birmingham (H) Sun 7th May

BIRMINGHAM 47 points (GD -21)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

Huddersfield (H) Sat 29th April

City (A) Sun 7th May

FOREST (45 points) (GD-12)

Reading (H) Sat 22nd April

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

BLACKBURN (41 points) (GD-16)

Wolves (A) Sat 22nd April

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

Brentford (A) Sun 7th May

It would look REALLY healthy if Blackburn were only on 41 points rather than the 44 they have in fact got :fear:  

• Like 1
Just now, samo II said:

TBF calls for Johnson to go are centred around him leading us into a relegation scrap and on a record losing run; if we'd sacked him when level on points with sixth place, of course it would have been stupid.

The Rowett/Zola swap bares no resemblance to a form-based firing: that's is a 'new broom' situation where the money-men want their boy in.

I know it isnt the same situation, but I was merely illustrating how change often has an outcome which didnt achieve what was intended. There was no reason not to retain Rowett, but they knew best.

9 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just goes to show that changing horses in mid stream isn't often the answer. In fact in Birmingham's case, they were fixing a problem that wasn't there. 2 wins in 22 for Zola, but I'd bet there would have been people welcoming him as the new messiah here because he was a big name.  And as for Tony Mowbray, having a hand in two relegated  clubs in one season (if Blackburn go) would  be an unusual achievement. Better the devil you know as my old mum used to say. Mind you, her and Lucifer were close. 

Completely different scenario if you're relating that to us. Rowett had them in and around the play offs. Very odd decision to get rid. We've been crap since October.  Johnson deserved the boot! Whilst I'm not saying Zola would've worked out here, just because managers don't have success at a club doesn't necessarily mean they'll not get it right elsewhere. 

Regards Mowbray - It hasnt worked for Blackburn, yet has worked for Leicester. We'll never know what may of happened if Lansdown did get rid in Jan. Like we won't until we're in the same position next April. :whistle:

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

I know it isnt the same situation, but I was merely illustrating how change often has an outcome which didnt achieve what was intended. There was no reason not to retain Rowett, but they knew best.

Indeed, though again it was their owners were the ones who made that call, and few fans I'm aware of would have agreed.

If nothing else, if shows that the decisions of those in charge doesn't always benefit the playing side of the club.

But right now, we need to just make sure we get over the safety line; summer is the time I hope our own owners think about the quality of their decision making regards the choice of manager.

18 minutes ago, 1953 said:

There were some Brum fans complaining Rowett's football was boring.:facepalm:

Mind you he was also reported to be talking to other clubs while at Brum.

4 hours ago, cityexile said:

Still lots of perms, but for me would rather it was not a 'do or die' last day shoot out. 

Me neither. I can hardly take it when we have a 2 goal advantage going into the last minute of added time.

I was just pointing out that it if the next two games go seriously wrong we'll still probably have a get out of jail card on final day. Plus lots of police overtime available.

1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

Glad to see you pulling away - just need Forest and Birmingham to pull it together now and condemn Rovers to relegation.

Bit of a goegraphy lesson for me today - Didn't realise quite how close Blackburn is to Preston. A few minutes out of Blackburn we could see Deepdale. Preston must be closer to Blackburn than Burnley is?

That could be something of a season-saving point today.   Granted a victory would have been first and foremost on both sets of supporters list, but you've got to be the more pleased of the two to take a draw away from an opposition in more need of points than yourselves.

As others have mentioned safety isn't yet achieved, but you're finally putting some results together and moving away from the most dangerous reaches of the league.   Today illustrated for me all things are possible in the Championship - results occur when you least expect them - so while there's still an element of uncertainty regards any relegation concern, at least things look much brighter now than they did a few weeks recent.  (We'll try and beat Forest on the last day to assist if needed, but you've probably done enough by now to remain in the league for another season)

• Like 5