IGNORED

The Official Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Just now, petehinton said:

Might be a weird thing to say, but 1 point is as good as 3 here. Us dropping points means Blackburn dropping points too, and all's the same as the good position we're in now, just with 1 game left to play.

I would bite your hand off for a point whereas Blackburn will be desperate for a victory with 3 difficult games coming up

Just now, petehinton said:

essentially what i'm saying is - offer us a point right now and i'd snatch your hand off.

I could offer you a point, but it would make me a con-artist, as I do not have the power to give you any points - much as I would like to, mate.

Don't worry, some us us know what you meant to say.

:hug:

tfj

• Like 1

Credit where it's due; no changes despite the quick turn around - if that the first time this season LJ has done that?

He could has argued that players would have tired, but has stuck with it, which I think is wise.

Still think a point would be a solid result as Blackburn will be up for it.

Have strange feeling Taylor will notch a goal today too; no idea why!

• Like 1
Just now, samo II said:

Credit where it's due; no changes despite the quick turn around - if that the first time this season LJ has done that?

He could has argued that players would have tired, but has stuck with it, which I think is wise.

He is one of the closest players on the pitch to their goal.

:dunno:

tfj

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Might be a weird thing to say, but 1 point is as good as 3 here. Us dropping points means Blackburn dropping points too, and all's the same as the good position we're in now, just with 1 game left to play.

No offence it's not weird, just wrong on a lot of levels.:-

If we win we'll have 50 points, if we draw we'll have 48. 50 is more so that's better.

If we win Blackburn will have 43 points, if it's a draw that will be 44.  43 is less so that's better for us.

If we win, we'd have to get 2 points to be mathematically safe and Blackburn would have to win all 3. Get a draw today and the gap is 4 with 3 games left, which is no guarantee.
Get 3 points and in all likelihood we'll finish above at least 2 of Forest, Brum, Burton and Blackburn.  Get a draw and we could be caught by all of them.

If we win we are 98% safe.  Draw it's more like 80%.  Lose 60% safe. 

I made them up off the top of my head. So they must be right.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, samo II said:

Have a nagging feeling we did the same at Preston...

Just now, The Bard said:

If we win we'll have 50 points, if we draw we'll have 48. 50 is more so that's better.

If we win Blackburn will have 43 points, if it's a draw that will be 44.  43 is less so that's better for us.

If we win, we'd have to get 2 points to be mathematically safe and Blackburn would have to win all 3. Get a draw today and the gap is 4 with 3 games left, which is no guarantee.
Get 3 points and in all likelihood we'll finish above at least 2 of Forest, Brum, Burton and Blackburn.  Get a draw and we could be caught by all of them.

I'd bite your hand off for 50 points at the end of today.

tfj

Just now, The Bard said:

Just as an aside, Skybet have us at a whopping 25-1 to go down right now. I put a fiver on as I can get drunk for a week on that if it happened!

• Like 1
Just now, cityexile said:

Just as an aside, Skybet have us at a whopping 25-1 to go down right now. I put a fiver on as I can get drunk for a week on that if it happened!

:disapointed2se:

No more than 14 units of alcohol in a week, with at least 3 alcohol free days.

:punish:

1 unit = 1/2 pint of NORMAL strength beer or cider / small glass of wine / standard measure of spirits.

tfj

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, samo II said:

That's two of us then. As I said earlier I have an inkling today could be the day Matty Taylor shows his worth. 12/1 for a brace 100/1 for a Hatrick! 

• Like 1