IGNORED

Betting Odds

Malago

41 minutes ago, Malago said:

We are 40/1 to be relegated, whilst Labour is 12/1 to win the general election.

So, according to the bookies Jeremy Corbyn is 3.3 times more likely to be the next prime minister than we are playing league 1 football next season.

Difference is football odds tend to be very short term driven, political party odds not so.

i.e. Should we lose to Barnsley Saturday and Blackburn win our odds on relegation will be slashed to less than 10/1 I suspect, whereas a good or bad bit of press for Labour might change their odds by 1 point either way...

We MUST NOT go into the Barnsley game thinking we are more-or-less safe already, that could spell disaster.

36 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Difference is football odds tend to be very short term driven, political party odds not so.

i.e. Should we lose to Barnsley Saturday and Blackburn win our odds on relegation will be slashed to less than 10/1 I suspect, whereas a good or bad bit of press for Labour might change their odds by 1 point either way...

We MUST NOT go into the Barnsley game thinking we are more-or-less safe already, that could spell disaster.

I don't think we will.  Barnsley has to be the most winnable of the three games left, as they have nothing to play for except pride and the pleasure of putting one over their former manager.  If they turn up like QPR do and we press them as we have been been pressing teams in recent weeks, I'm hopeful of three points.  Taylor is bound to get a goal or two sooner of later, so I hope Johnson sticks with an unchanged team (injuries permitting).

10 hours ago, Malago said:

We are 40/1 to be relegated, whilst Labour is 12/1 to win the general election.

So, according to the bookies Jeremy Corbyn is 3.3 times more likely to be the next prime minister than we are playing league 1 football next season.

Don't know which one would be more of a disaster!

Great bloke Corbyn. As long as he is leader, we shall never have a Labour government.  He's one of the best things ever to have happened to this country and long may he continue.

As for 40 to 1 against going down, I am tempted by these ods.  I will put £50 on at that price which will give me 2 grand if we get relegated and save me even more on match tickets I won't be buying next season.

Of couse, I would prefer us to stay up along with Corbyn remaining Labour leader.  Dont care about losing 50 quid.

17 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Great bloke Corbyn. As long as he is leader, we shall never have a Labour government.  He's one of the best things ever to have happened to this country and long may he continue.

As for 40 to 1 against going down, I am tempted by these ods.  I will put £50 on at that price which will give me 2 grand if we get relegated and save me even more on match tickets I won't be buying next season.

Of couse, I would prefer us to stay up along with Corbyn remaining Labour leader.  Dont care about losing 50 quid.

Love this 

Sadly JC will not win as the Turkeys will be out in full force to vote for Christmas.

Without the support of the Sun newspaper and Murdoch no one has won an general election since the early seventies.

Prepare to say ta ta to your paid holiday and the NHS.

Oh and City will stay up and send Brum down on the last day.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

"Don't care about losing 50 quid" there speaks a true Tory. Too much money to care.

Archived