IGNORED

Whisky and Cola

Septic Peg

LJ's drink of choice post match is a whisky with Coca-Cola/Pepsi/generic cola substitute.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson-31768

Is this where he is going wrong? Doesn't he understand what Cider is? For someone who 'loves the club', surely he should appreciate the drink most commonly associated with it?

Someone educate the man. Start him off on Strongbow because it's shite. Work his way up through Blackthorn and Thatchers until we get to the rough scrump.

Can someone give the Wurzels a ring? Surely they can teach him a thing or two...

Just now, Septic Peg said:

LJ's drink of choice post match is a whisky with Coca-Cola/Pepsi/generic cola substitute.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson-31768

Is this where he is going wrong? Doesn't he understand what Cider is? For someone who 'loves the club', surely he should appreciate the drink most commonly associated with it?

Someone educate the man. Start him off on Strongbow because it's shite. Work his way up through Blackthorn and Thatchers until we get to the rough scrump.

Can someone give the Wurzels a ring? Surely they can teach him a thing or two...

Shots..?

Just now, Septic Peg said:

He has gone very very very wrong the only thing you have with whisky is another whisky.

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Sacrilege...

Footballers are often not the most sophisticated on the drinks front. I remember watching a clip of John Terry (ok, an extreme example) giving a tour of his house and he had a bar in the basement games room. He had optics above the bar dispensing the cheapest brands of vodka/gin/scotch you can find.

I'm sorry but this is the final straw for me. It's so 1970s. I expect that before he moved onto Whisky and Coke he just loved a Babycham. With a cherry on top of course. 

To avoid confusion, I never drank Whisky and Coke in the 70s, or at any time 

I have been unable to drink whisky/wiskey/Brandy since about 77. Got into the Lacarno , well under age and got so wankered on Brandy everything I ate or drank for days tasted of the stuff, won't bore you with the grey details.
Only now am I getting the urge to try a Whiskey , just because of the choices. As for coke, I have been known to have a JD and coke, but just to take the taste away. 

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Stick as much Coke as you like in a blend like Bells etc ....but my collection of single malts is and always will be ...mixer free ....:yawn:

can you put me up for a night or if its a large collection a week?

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I'm sorry but this is the final straw for me. It's so 1970s. I expect that before he moved onto Whisky and Coke he just loved a Babycham. With a cherry on top of course. 

To avoid confusion, I never drank Whisky and Coke in the 70s, or at any time 

…but Babycham

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

my friend gave me some Babycham and glasses last year. They sell it in my local shop

are you sure they are a friend? just checked the cupboard we don't have any. caveat did not check the attic.

Archived