IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Barnsley Match Day Thread

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

If this happened, that is classy. I'm not doubting youre right btw

Definitely happened hopefully it's been captured on camera, our players run to Hecky as always then sort of stopped still as he must of said something to them, then walked away, my mate saw same as me and said we might let them walk one in here but obviously we didn't 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Definitely happened hopefully it's been captured on camera, our players run to Hecky as always then sort of stopped still as he must of said something to them, then walked away, my mate saw same as me and said we might let them walk one in here but obviously we didn't 

Well, at least you let Flint head one in later :laugh:  Anyway, fair play on your good season. CU next season

11 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The word that came to my mind was 'heroic'.  To recover from a goal down twice, and to see Bailey Wright apologising for his error and then the team fighting so hard to get back on top had me welling up.

Know what you mean, I felt strangely emotional today as well. I'm no Johnson fan but credit where it's due. To be safe with 3 games to go from the mess we've been in is a fantastic team effort. 

A word for the fans as well. The atmosphere in each of the last 4 games has been absolutely rocking. Considering all the dissent and negativity post Preston it's been nothing short of amazing. 

Up the City! 

• Like 2
Just now, Jacki said:

Know what you mean, I felt strangely emotional today as well. I'm no Johnson fan but credit where it's due. To be safe with 3 games to go from the mess we've been in is a fantastic team effort. 

A word for the fans as well. The atmosphere in each of the last 4 games has been absolutely rocking. Considering all the dissent and negativity post Preston it's been nothing short of amazing. 

Up the City! 

2 games, not mathematically safe, 'cough' (I think we are safe BTW)

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well, at least you let Flint head one in later :laugh: Anyway, fair play on your good season. CU next season

I recall fans of another club saying that to us since 2001. ;)

In fact "see you next season" should be on the scum's club badge. What a bunch of malicious self-pitying flanges the Gas are.

Just now, RumRed said:

2 games, not mathematically safe, 'cough' (I think we are safe BTW)

It would take an absolutely catastrophic turnaround now, even by our standards! 

I don't think even Blackburn will even get to 48 points. 

Edited by Jacki
Just now, Jacki said:

It would take an absolutely catastrophic turnaround now, even by our standards! 

I don't think even Blackburn will even get to 48 points. 

You're right, even we can't stuff this up now.  If we're 8-0 down at the amex I may streak to get the game abandoned.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I think your lot let themselves down today. Ball should have gone out. Having a crap ref is no excuse. I hope we can return the compliment one day.

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You're right, even we can't stuff this up now.  If we're 8-0 down at the amex I may streak to get the game abandoned.

Blackburn will already have lost by the time we kick off. And then we'll smash Brighton live on Sky. I'm going with my lads, can't wait. 

41 minutes ago, Offside said:

Excellent second half. Credit to LJ and the team for turning it around.

At about 2pm there were 5-6 Barnsley fans walking down North St chanting obnoxiously and unnecessarily about Bristol being a s***hole (oh the irony), trying to intimidate families going about their business. Big men. Glad their journey home will feel longer after a defeat.

I saw and heard them outside the ground by the park heading towards North Street as we arrived. Did think about giving them a friendly warning to be careful going up North Street like that. A bit cringeworthy as they weren't exactly the biggest scariest looking bunch.  Thought the rest of the Barnsley fans added a lot to the atmosphere. Good effort from them with nothing to play for.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It's quite warm this time of year, I should be fine.  I'd advise all to avert their eyes however...  

I'll manscape prior to the match just in case.

I can't think of a worse venue for you to do that at. ;) Brighton fans will have had quite enough excitement for one day.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The season has been a disappointment

That's true, but in this moment we should focus on the positive notes: after today's result, we are almost safe. Some weeks ago, nodoby would have expected this outcome.

The team and LJ are doing a good job in recent weeks: credit to them.

Edited by Dan Robin
8 hours ago, WessexPest said:

You're right. I don't remember that at all. Nice feeling to realise Swine Town have been relegated twice in one day.

Di Canio was at the helm for their 2011-12 promotion, as Champions, from Division 4 to 3.

They were also in the basement from 2000-4 and again for the 2006-7 season.

Hard to forget all of that and remember them being in the basement 20 odd years ago; maybe you have a wizard of a long term memory.

17 hours ago, Offside said:

Excellent second half. Credit to LJ and the team for turning it around.

At about 2pm there were 5-6 Barnsley fans walking down North St chanting obnoxiously and unnecessarily about Bristol being a s***hole (oh the irony), trying to intimidate families going about their business. Big men. Glad their journey home will feel longer after a defeat.

Having had the misfortune of sitting in Barnsley Bus Station one Sat afternoon killing time before a game watching the (literal) human detritus coming in off the towns/villages, calling Bristol a s***hole should be taken as a compliment!

Yorkshire puddings! (as the Macc Lads would say...)

20 hours ago, Rascal said:

You're right and our head coach agrees with you, I saw that from the stands 

His radio interview didn't mention it, just that you had apparently gifted us 3 goals because you had lost you CB at half time. He forgot to mention you scored your first while we had a man down and our players had stopped and your second came from a woeful pass by our CB, I think the truth is that we gifted you 2 goals while we fought hard to score 3 good goals. He has as much class as the other 11 on the pitch.