IGNORED

Ryan Kent

MC RISK77

I could see him leaving Liverpool for first team football. Barnsley would have an advantage but I'd take him here if we could swing it. Klopp likes keeping youngsters around to learn the style he plays. The fact that Kent was loaned out makes me think he doesn't have a future there. 

Their right back looked their best player and is on loan from Celtic. 

His pace and athleticism were second to none. When Bryan surges forward, there are few right backs that keep up with him on the turn around.

This guy had it.

Ex Man U youngster too I believe.

Obviously Tammy has done great for us. Does seem a shame however that the top sides have so many of these players, and the success or otherwise of even Championship sides can come down to how good their loans from the top table are. Sign of the times I suppose. 

Just now, cityexile said:

Obviously Tammy has done great for us. Does seem a shame however that the top sides have so many of these players, and the success or otherwise of even Championship sides can come down to how good their loans from the top table are. Sign of the times I suppose. 

True but in fairness we have one of the best loans in the Championship, I am sure Tammy learnt a lot here this season, but imagine how many he would have got in some of teams that could have given him decent service or not played him alone uptop most of the season.

14 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

While our boys were outstanding second half..have to mention this guy a proper footballer

As has been mentioned, we were interested in him in the summer. 

He was also put our way the summer before, but our Chief Scout at the time turned him down. Possibly something to do with his agent not playing ball regards our Chief Scout wanting something "extra". 

Is it any wonder then that the agent wouldn't talk to us a year later. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

He was also put our way the summer before, but our Chief Scout at the time turned him down. Possibly something to do with his agent not playing ball regards our Chief Scout wanting something "extra". 

Good to see you back posting mate..who was the chief scout.

everything I hoped tomlin would be

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hmmm..  some of the things I have been hearing are starting to add up....

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

Good to see you back posting mate..who was the chief scout.

everything I hoped tomlin would be

Might've just missed you today, popped into Riser and saw the Steves. 

Back on topic though, all I'd say is "allegedly" both our last 2 head scouts have only dealt with "certain" agents. Hence Kent's agent not being forthcoming with us. 

Hopefully a new chief scout will be able to change that reputation and be open to all. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Back on topic though, all I'd say is "allegedly" both our last 2 head scouts have only dealt with "certain" agents. Hence Kent's agent not being forthcoming with us. 

Hopefully a new chief scout will be able to change that reputation and be open to all. 

Yeah didn't stick around...see you soon

you know too much

40 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

While our boys were outstanding second half..have to mention this guy a proper footballer

Funny old game today with a bit of everything thrown in. The first half was nothing to shout about but as a true "football fan" it was hard not to be impressed with this young man. Unbelievable pace and skill and just blew Little away whenever he was on the ball. Looked threatening whenever in possession.

Keep your head on and you will have a fine career. Good luck to you.....

He's done well in the last 6 weeks or so but to be honest he's been quite frustrating most of the season. The skill and ability is clearly there but he always seemed to end up down a blind alley, over doing it or just not being able to pick out the killer pass. He is a great example of the loan system actually working as intended though because he will have learned an awful lot this season and progressed a hell of a lot more than he would have done in Liverpools u23s.

He has a bright future but I don't see him making it at Liverpool. He will need to leave to move on with his career. He will be a good signing for a championship side but if its you then give him a bit of time, he's not Kenny Daglish.

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

And one of those chief scouts was at the game today!

48 minutes ago, redsfan said:

He's done well in the last 6 weeks or so but to be honest he's been quite frustrating most of the season. The skill and ability is clearly there but he always seemed to end up down a blind alley, over doing it or just not being able to pick out the killer pass. He is a great example of the loan system actually working as intended though because he will have learned an awful lot this season and progressed a hell of a lot more than he would have done in Liverpools u23s.

He has a bright future but I don't see him making it at Liverpool. He will need to leave to move on with his career. He will be a good signing for a championship side but if its you then give him a bit of time, he's not Kenny Daglish.

Sounds like someone who we sold to QPR ...

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Their right back was outstanding as well.

Make no mistake, they were a good team. If they would have pressed all game we would have struggled.

Archived