IGNORED

Ryan Kent

MC RISK77

What did people think of Adam Armstrong? Tore it up at Coventry last season and there was lots of talk on here about us going for him on loan from Newcastle back in the summer. He was supposed to be the next big thing and plays in the same England sides as Tammy.

Personally, I thought he was fairly anonymous yesterday but obviously you can`t read much into one game.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

What did people think of Adam Armstrong? Tore it up at Coventry last season and there was lots of talk on here about us going for him on loan from Newcastle back in the summer. He was supposed to be the next big thing and plays in the same England sides as Tammy.

Personally, I thought he was fairly anonymous yesterday but obviously you can`t read much into one game.

Me too.

Forgot he was playing until he was named when he was subbed off.

6 goals in 33 games (one of those was a penalty) this season would suggest he is way behind Tammy now..

35 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Think i heard yesterday that Jota at Brentford is out of contract in the summer. That's one i would like us to be in the mix for.

He only came back from Spain in January and has 12 goals and 5 assists. That almost Knockeart level in half the time. He'd be an amazing signing but I imagine he'd end up back at Brentford if not a top championship side. 

Kent was good but did lack end product like so many wide men in the league. I guess if he had it he wouldn't be at Barnsley same as O'Dowda wouldn't be here if he had it already. 

He's consistently inconsistent, but when he's in the mood he's unplayable at times, his technical ability skill and movement are unbelievable, but he needs to work on his final ball and defensive side, if he gets that right he'll be a decent premier league player most of his career. 

16 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

really rated him, quick strong and intelligent and caused havoc in the first half. Not a striker however, which Barnsley sorely miss.

12 minutes ago, Dave said:

Less than a year ago.

On 22/04/2017 at 19:40, redsfan said:

He's done well in the last 6 weeks or so but to be honest he's been quite frustrating most of the season. The skill and ability is clearly there but he always seemed to end up down a blind alley, over doing it or just not being able to pick out the killer pass. He is a great example of the loan system actually working as intended though because he will have learned an awful lot this season and progressed a hell of a lot more than he would have done in Liverpools u23s.

He has a bright future but I don't see him making it at Liverpool. He will need to leave to move on with his career. He will be a good signing for a championship side but if its you then give him a bit of time, he's not Kenny Daglish.

And it’s fair to say we were told what we were getting..

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 07:21, Rascal said:

He's consistently inconsistent, but when he's in the mood he's unplayable at times, his technical ability skill and movement are unbelievable, but he needs to work on his final ball and defensive side, if he gets that right he'll be a decent premier league player most of his career. 

Think this is pretty spot on.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What’s your point?

Last year everyone was raving about him, and that we should sign him, and we have.

Now people are saying we had a poor transfer window, and citing his signing as one of the reasons.

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Last year everyone was raving about him, and that we should sign him, and we have.

Now people are saying we had a poor transfer window, and citing his signing as one of the reasons.

If it's different people saying he is good back then different people & saying he is good not now- How is that fickle? 

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

Perhaps because he's been extremely poor for us? Not rocket science.

On 22/04/2017 at 19:40, redsfan said:

He's done well in the last 6 weeks or so but to be honest he's been quite frustrating most of the season. The skill and ability is clearly there but he always seemed to end up down a blind alley, over doing it or just not being able to pick out the killer pass. He is a great example of the loan system actually working as intended though because he will have learned an awful lot this season and progressed a hell of a lot more than he would have done in Liverpools u23s.

He has a bright future but I don't see him making it at Liverpool. He will need to leave to move on with his career. He will be a good signing for a championship side but if its you then give him a bit of time, he's not Kenny Daglish.

On 22/04/2017 at 20:53, Fatalist said:

He certainly looked good on the ball, but what did he actually achieve?

On 24/04/2017 at 07:21, Rascal said:

I thought he looked great from that game, but people who saw more of him had those comments to make, and you would have to agree that people seeing more of him were bang on - in the almost year since this posts, has he worked on those apsects of his game people pointed out ? I would suggest he has the same issues now with us and our fans are saying the exact same things. He will become a good player, just not who you want in a January window when you need players to hit the ground running and perform from the get-go.

42 minutes ago, Dave said:

It’s very naive to judge off one performance anyway so those comments shouldn’t really be taken seriously.

Even so, why does it matter if people rated him last year and are now disappointed with his contribution?

I think his signing was the least logical of the window, would rather have given Eliasson the game time and signed a right back instead.

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s very naive to judge off one performance anyway so those comments shouldn’t really be taken seriously.

Even so, why does it matter if people rated him last year and are now disappointed with his contribution?

I think his signing was the least logical of the window, would rather have given Eliasson the game time and signed a right back instead.

Think its clear that Eliasson will be following Mags out the door in the summer.

Same old story.

They're usually world beaters when they play against us, and dead average or utter crap when they join us.

In the late 1980s I saw Salako destroy us when playing for Swansea at Ashton Gate, and hoped we would tried to get him.

He obviously went on to greater things.

If we had signed him, he probably would have been Bambi on ice.

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I'm not so sure . 

LJ sees something in Mags and I think will be patient with him .

Elliasen is only nine so is one for the future .

If he is in the team at the start of next season we will have had a shit transfer window!

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't think LJ rates either.

Based on what? He’s been very positive about Eliasson in particular. I think with him he genuinely just needs time to acclimatise - I’d heard he’s really highly rated at the club but just isn’t ready yet.

Not sure about Magnússon either, he’s playing at the moment and if he wasn’t rated then he wouldn’t be. I don’t think LJ trusts a Flint/Magnússon partnership though.

Archived