IGNORED

Leyton Orient

Southstandoriginal

8 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Spare a thought for their fans tonight . Relegated from the league after 112 years and in total disarray off the pitch too. Only 3 years ago they were a penalty shootout away from reaching the Championship.

One of the first games that I saw was City v Orient. Hope they get back soon.

Very sad for them and their fans. Its strange to think that just a few years ago they looked a really good side. Its not easy getting out of the Conference aa half the league these days is made up of former FL sides. But I am sure they will come back. I hope so. But then I hope others come back too and they can't all do it at the same time. Tranmere for one.

5 minutes ago, iamsober said:

same distance from orient's ground to stratford as it is from upton park to stratford.

But look at the price of the season tickets since they've moved to the tax payer subsidised ground.  Not a level playing field.

1 minute ago, iamsober said:

whose season tickets prices?

West Ham United have announced the cheapest Season Ticket in the Premier League at the Club’s new Stadium

West Ham United are delighted to announce major price cuts across the board for Season Tickets for the first season at the Club’s magnificent new home on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. 

The key details are as follows:

• Every Season Ticket price band will see a reduction as the Club uses increased broadcast revenue to offer dramatically cheaper tickets to its supporters 

• A new entry-level Band 5 adult Season Ticket will cost just £289 – the cheapest in the Premier League

• All Season Tickets for Under-16s will be cut to just £99 – the equivalent of only £5 per game

• A family of four can buy a Season Ticket for just £776 – the equivalent of £41 per match 

You paid for the above

Just now, iamsober said:

what's that got to do with Leyton orient relegation?  At our expense ? what does that mean?

West Ham took a ground for effectively a peppercorn rent allowing them to offer dirt cheap season tickets just down the road from Orient.

If you're a kid who you going to watch?  

It's a national disgrace.

Just now, RumRed said:
West Ham United have announced the cheapest Season Ticket in the Premier League at the Club’s new Stadium

West Ham United are delighted to announce major price cuts across the board for Season Tickets for the first season at the Club’s magnificent new home on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. 

The key details are as follows:

• Every Season Ticket price band will see a reduction as the Club uses increased broadcast revenue to offer dramatically cheaper tickets to its supporters 

• A new entry-level Band 5 adult Season Ticket will cost just £289 – the cheapest in the Premier League

• All Season Tickets for Under-16s will be cut to just £99 – the equivalent of only £5 per game

• A family of four can buy a Season Ticket for just £776 – the equivalent of £41 per match 

You paid for the above

so what is your point about leyton orient which this thread was all about!

Just now, RumRed said:

West Ham took a ground for effectively a peppercorn rent allowing them to offer dirt cheap season tickets just down the road from Orient.

If you're a kid who you going to watch?  

It's a national disgrace.

you are living in cookoo land! West Ham -premier Leyton orient div 2 ! what world do you live in?

19 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

One of the first games that I saw was City v Orient. Hope they get back soon.

One of my first City away games was at Brisbane Road in the early 80s. The City mob 'took' the home end. When the City roar went up, the home fans shuffled a little uneasily perhaps, folded their arms and carried on watching the game. No violence or unpleasantness ensued.

I've always had really warm feelings towards Orient since that day.

13 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The stadium that they got for f'all pretty much on Orient's doorstep.

Would not have been feasible economically for Orient though surely, given the size of their fan base, even if the stadium were scaled down?

1 minute ago, iamsober said:

you are living in cookoo land! West Ham -premier Leyton orient div 2 ! what world do you live in?

I'd do some research on the important matters if I were you mate,  there is plenty of press on this by respectable print journalists.

Just now, City Rocker said:

One of my first City away games was at Brisbane Road in the early 80s. The City mob 'took' the home end. When the City roar went up, the home fans shuffled a little uneasily perhaps, folded their arms and carried on watching the game. No violence or unpleasantness ensued.

Would not have been feasible economically for Orient though surely, given the size of their fan base, even if the stadium were scaled down?

I went to the cup game, where we lost 4-1 (or was it 4-0?)

I seem to remember some shenanigans in the street, after the game, but think that was City v Old Bill.

Just now, City Rocker said:

Ground share I believe  but West Ham were having none of it.  Happy to be corrected but I believe that to be true.

Just now, RumRed said:

I'd do some research on the important matters if I were you mate,  There is plenty of press on this by respectable print journalists.

I don't need to do research! I used to support west ham until I moved here 49 years ago and used to live 1 mile from orient's ground. You haven't got a clue!

Archived