IGNORED

Leyton Orient

Southstandoriginal

15 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I went to the cup game, where we lost 4-1 (or was it 4-0?)

I seem to remember some shenanigans in the street, after the game, but think that was City v Old Bill.

Yep 4-1 defeat, FA cup 1st round I think. 

It just seemed to me that having recently gone through 4 years of London mobs brimming with violence in div 1, the Orient lot were cut from a different cloth which I found quite endearing.

4 minutes ago, iamsober said:

anyone that can get a good deal is alright by me! But I still don't understand where Leyton Orient's demise comes into this!!

I think just the fact that they tried to get a slice of the exceedingly cheap pie and got binned off.  I have no love for Orient after sitting in their home stands watching us crumble under the sleet a time or two but I do not like the haves and have nots in the football world .I also think that the West Ham stadium debacle really is a disgrace, you know we picked up most of the tab for the conversion?  Good business but I truly hope they they fail miserably.

Just now, RumRed said:

I think just the fact that they tried to get a slice of the exceedingly cheap pie and got binned off.  I have no love for Orient after sitting in their home stands watching us crumble under the sleet a time or two but I do not like the haves and have nots in the football world .I also think that the West Ham stadium debacle really is a disgrace, you know we picked upmost of the tab for the conversion?  Good business but I truly hope they they fail miserably.

Haves and haves not - City and Rovers

On 4/23/2017 at 03:54, RumRed said:

Ground share I believe  but West Ham were having none of it.  Happy to be corrected but I believe that to be true.

My early readings on this, pre Hearn departure, was that they seemed only to argue about having a Prem team on their doorstep not to share a ground they clearly had no chance of justifying.

On 4/23/2017 at 04:12, iamsober said:

anyone that can get a good deal is alright by me! But I still don't understand where Leyton Orient's demise comes into this!!

Quite. Perhaps Hearn will buy it back in the close season for 10p in the pound though.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

West Ham no longer play at Upton    Park.

Read the whole thread before commenting.  And for information I have supported West Ham in some form or another since the fifties. So I think I would know about any changes don't you!

On 4/23/2017 at 07:10, Hampshire reds said:

Barry hearn. You must take some of the blame. You say you love orient but you sell to this guy.  Strange

He sold up as he was led to believe Becchetti would come in with a cash injection to give them another push for the championship.

As for keeping hold of the ground, it was a good thing he did as it means Becchetti can't sell it off.

Hopefully the Fans Trust can buy him out.

I feel really sorry for the Orient fans. The club always seemed to be a good old fashioned family club. I believe until a few years ago they were the club we had played the most most since city had been in the football league. Hopefully some one will take over and bring them back, i think Barry Hearn owe's them big time. 

Archived