IGNORED

Where are the doubters now?

Inactive user

15 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

To be fair, after a thread was made about all the people defending LJ and even listing all the posters out such as myself and ridiculing them for backing a manager, can't blame you for posting this. A few people that were anti-LJ (not the majority) genuinely wanted the club and manager to fail and took joy out of our losses. Sad state of affairs.

I am very very pleased to be proved wrong I was going mentle when he was not sacked in March, just tucking into some nice humble pie and ice cream as we speak.

Also happy to be proved wrong even further next season with a nice top 12 finish

Here's a point though.

Season joke, awful all that...people and I was one were deriding the fact we were behind Burton Albion. Perhaps is worth revisiting that because their results have gone beyond all reasonable or feasible expectations...They are all but safe yet established 2nd tier clubs, who have had spells in the top tier such as QPR, Forest and in theory Birmingham could all drop!

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Still not seeing who wants the club to fail. 

All the people that wanted LJ to fail wanted the club to fail. If you did not see those posters on this forum or cannot see those that continue to do so, you're either delusional or deliberately opting to ignore it. Fortunately, the minority (which is what they are) just look increasingly bitter as results pick up and the agendas become even more clear. Bit sad that they can't just support their own club because they got upset over a bad run.

Just now, JHAGa said:

All the people that wanted LJ to fail wanted the club to fail. If you did not see those posters on this forum or cannot see those that continue to do so, you're either delusional or deliberately opting to ignore it. Fortunately, the minority (which is what they are) just look increasingly bitter as results pick up and the agendas become even more clear. Bit sad that they can't just support their own club because they got upset over a bad run.

Wanting LJ to lose that extra fixture to get SL to pull the trigger is not wanting the club to fail. That's just a silly assertion.  

Nobody in the LJ camp sounds at all bitter. What are you trying to whip up? 

I was very pissed off after losing at Villa, and wanted everyone to go, but the turnaround has been remarkable and I was wrong. But it seems some cannot man up and admit still, TO THIS DAY OF ALL DAYS. any sort of admission that they might have got it wrong too. I have seen a genuine need for us to lose on here by some so called supporters, but what Lansdown did by not sacking him, whilst all around everyone was being chopped, was a gamble, that paid off. And yet one poster despite a tremendous second half in which we scored three goals, would prefer to remind us of the first half...if that is not sour grapes..what is?  Lee deserves credit for this run as much as he deserved the blame for that bad run, so come on man up you lot and admit you just might have got it wrong.:clapping:

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

I was very pissed off after losing at Villa, and wanted everyone to go, but the turnaround has been remarkable and I was wrong. But it seems some cannot man up and admit still, TO THIS DAY OF ALL DAYS. any sort of admission that they might have got it wrong too. I have seen a genuine need for us to lose on here by some so called supporters, but what Lansdown did by not sacking him, whilst all around everyone was being chopped, was a gamble, that paid off. And yet one poster despite a tremendous second half in which we scored three goals, would prefer to remind us of the first half...if that is not sour grapes..what is?  Lee deserves credit for this run as much as he deserved the blame for that bad run, so come on man up you lot and admit you just might have got it wrong.:clapping:

I got it wrong insofar as I didn't think LJ would keep us up. I've congratulated him after every positive result recently. 

But I still say he's not our man for the future. 

This isn't the end game. LJ has overcome one hurdle. 

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

I was very pissed off after losing at Villa, and wanted everyone to go, but the turnaround has been remarkable and I was wrong. But it seems some cannot man up and admit still, TO THIS DAY OF ALL DAYS. any sort of admission that they might have got it wrong too. I have seen a genuine need for us to lose on here by some so called supporters, but what Lansdown did by not sacking him, whilst all around everyone was being chopped, was a gamble, that paid off. And yet one poster despite a tremendous second half in which we scored three goals, would prefer to remind us of the first half...if that is not sour grapes..what is?  Lee deserves credit for this run as much as he deserved the blame for that bad run, so come on m up you lot and admit you just might have got it wrong.:clapping:

Really really good post. I totally agree. People (including me) had a go at the guy when things wernt good, WHY is it so hard to admit that he has got a tune out of the players in these last few crucial weeks. I dont find it hard to say it, so so can you .WELL DONE , LEE  

I got it wrong insofar as I didn't think LJ would keep us up. I've congratulated him after every positive result recently. 

But I still say he's not our man for the future. 

This isn't the end game. LJ has overcome one hurdle. 

fair play, IF you can give us a realistic name that you would have in charge??

Wanting LJ to lose that extra fixture to get SL to pull the trigger is not wanting the club to fail. That's just a sill assertion.  

Nobody in the LJ camp sounds at all bitter. What are you trying to whip up? 

Haha, wanting us to lose is not wanting the club to fail? Alright then.

I'm not trying to whip up anything. I posted saying I don't blame OP for writing what he did after the abuse people got simply for backing the manager of the club. Going against the hive mind opinion at the time meant you upset those who were having tantrums. If you think there aren't some people that deliberately wanted LJ to fail and don't constantly grace the forum with their negativity, then like I said, you're either delusional or deliberately opting to ignore. Whatever. Not going to waste my time debating on here tonight, wasted enough time on here in recent months doing that. I'll just enjoy the fact things are going well on the pitch currently.

Listening to LJ on Radio Bristol post match was the first time I've really heard him admit the mistakes that he has made this season. I believe that he will learn from his mistakes and that next season will see us kick on. Without LJ I don't think we would have seen Tammy at the Gate and I'm confident that he will find the right players for next season. 

36 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I've had a self imposed exile for a while but to all of the bed wetters who ripped into me when I said we wouldn't go down, we'll I'm pleased to say you were wrong. Hahahaha :clapping::clapping::sub::sub::P:P

Weird little fat kid, with a box of tissues next to your pc. Nearly used them up starting this thread.

Just now, JHAGa said:

I'm not trying to whip up anything. I posted saying I don't blame OP for writing what he did after the abuse people got simply for backing the manager of the club. Going against the hive mind opinion at the time meant you upset those who were having tantrums. If you think there aren't some people that deliberately wanted LJ to fail and don't constantly grace the forum with their negativity, then like I said, you're either delusional or deliberately opting to ignore. Whatever. Not going to waste my time debating on here tonight, wasted enough time on here in recent months doing that. I'll just enjoy the fact things are going well on the pitch currently.

Oh yes you are - like the thread you started after one of our recent wins 

Blesssssss - any evidence of your claims popped up yet ?

Or an answer as to why you ' blame the board' but not SL ?

31 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I've had a self imposed exile for a while but to all of the bed wetters who ripped into me when I said we wouldn't go down, we'll I'm pleased to say you were wrong. Hahahaha :clapping::clapping::sub::sub::P:P

Well just came in really happy that we can now relax.

Then only read your opening post, didn't need any more. You my friend are a total *****.

Do you ever give it a rest? Why do you want to wind every ****** up?

I don't have a clue who you are, but I know your a ****.

Just now, JHAGa said:

Clearly too cerebral a concept for you. 

Imagine you have a child who you think "ill let him make that mistake for himself so he learns the hard way". That isn't wanting your child to be a total failure in life. 

If you believe some short term pain will ultimately bring a better medium and long term future then that isn't wanting failure, unless you want to win nothing more than a war of semantics.  

Is that really so difficult? 

Just now, PolskRed said:

I would imagine Benjaminultra and Ivorguy are just queing to answer this... personally couldn't give two hoots but just over the moon we are (vertually) safe. 

Once they've finished dinner with Lee. Sorry, couldn't resist. My apologies. 

Clearly too cerebral a concept for you. 

Imagine you have a child who you think "ill let him make that mistake for himself so he learns the hard way". That isn't wanting your child to be a total failure in life. 

If you believe some short term pain will ultimately bring a better medium and long term future then that isn't wanting failure, unless you want to win nothing more than a war of semantics.  

Is that really so difficult? 

Mature response as expected. I obviously have to bow down to your superior knowledge! You wanted City to lose just to get rid of a manager. A manager that has gone on to turn things around. It's a refusal to accept that you were in the wrong and you're making out as if it was still the right thing to do!!! Unbelievable.

The bit I highlighted in your post is exactly the logic of what those defending LJ were hoping for and it worked out in the end. And yet they were criticised for supporting him by those with their constant negativity. Abused for backing the manager of the club they support because they acknowledged the bigger picture and that LJ had actually done well before the poor run.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think if he got slated and rightly so when he had the horrendous run, he should get some credit when it turns which it has. Seems only fair.

Whether he's the right man moving forward is another debate- but it's worth noting that we are now approaching midtable territory, up to 17th now.

Holy ******* shit. this is the sort of rational bullshit that OTIB is just not used to. You are a disgrace  :laugh:

18 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

I would imagine Benjaminultra and Ivorguy are just queing to answer this... personally couldn't give two hoots but just over the moon we are (vertually) safe. 

@Ivorguy will be happy to have a go at this one, I'm sure.  Had a few long days due to unforeseen circumstances and a lot of stuff to do but he'll be back!

Have our tickets for the Amex too, see you all there!

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Brilliant - we revert to 4-4-2 in desperation , pick a settled side and suddenly Lee Johnson is Pep !!!!!

Hes the Messiah 

if it's his fault we were sh@t then it's his credit when we're not. That's called being fair.

personally I didn't fully blame him during the bad run, and I don't fully give him credit now we're much improved. 

I think the margins are fine. We've only got one hammering all season and that was due to giving up at 0-3 at Preston. 

The team just needed a win to get back confidence. That should have been against burton, but we were robbed by the ref.  They have always been good enough to compete in matches. That is different to being outclassed. 

Archived