IGNORED

Where are the doubters now?

Inactive user

Wow. Some people have got wound up by this. If you don't like it, ignore it.

I'm sure there are loads of posters who were ok with the decision to back LJ so there was always going to be one or two 'told you so' posts. And fairly understandable after the amount of abuse that the 'happy clappers' got a few weeks back. I reckon that it is a drop in the ocean compared to how many we would have had had we been relegated.

9 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

As wonderful as it seems safety is near enough guaranteed now. Next season very much worries me without Tammy. I've got no confidence in LJ or the board to bring in the appropriate players. And if we don't find a goal scorer, then God help this forum next season.

I do not see huge errors in our recruiting policy this past season with the exception of that kid from Sweden. Matthews, ok, had a black out and woke up a shadow of his former self and one or two others have been seriously below par but I blame form on the coach.

In the event Tammy does not return which, I suppose, appears likely then it will indeed be a tough act to follow. That being said we cannot fault the recruitment of two top goal scorers two seasons running. Let us hope we get one a third time around and somehow Johnson has an epiphany close season and comes back the manager we all hoped he would be. I have my doubts but all we can do is cross our fingers because we know he is going nowhere.

I'm a doubter. Will take a season of mid table mediocrity for me to think any different. 

Fair play for keeping us up (once we're mathematically safe).

Have I enjoyed my football this year though, No. 

I'd said I would probably boycott but for a club you've loved and supported for many years it isn't that easy. I still pay my money despite the fact we've been bloody atrocious. 

10 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I've had a self imposed exile for a while but to all of the bed wetters who ripped into me when I said we wouldn't go down, we'll I'm pleased to say you were wrong. Hahahaha :clapping::clapping::sub::sub::P:P

Let's hope you are saying this at the end of next season. I think it's great that it looks like we will stay up. But very little that Johnson has done this season fills me with any confidence for next season. A season without Tammy as well.

48 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Why are you so quick to abuse posters who annoy you Bob? You do it fairly regularly interspersed with some good reasoned debate. Quite the Jekyll and Hyde.

Good question. @BobBobSuperBob seems to get away with aggressive posts that others would see deleted. Not sure why. He also gets very confused and angry at lots of really quite innocuous things. If anything though, I just hope he's ok. Don't like to think of him all upset. 

1 hour ago, redfieldred said:

Basically you can say anything, give any argument you like, and the 'out' crew will say ' yes but johnsons not good enough' . Only a top half season next year will change their minds - some won't think otherwise unless city get promotion.

Many already projecting negatively re not having Tammy next year (who was responsible for bagging him anyway?) that's right the one whose not good enough. 

Who signed Engvall?

1 hour ago, redandy1 said:

Let's hope you are saying this at the end of next season. I think it's great that it looks like we will stay up. But very little that Johnson has done this season fills me with any confidence for next season. A season without Tammy as well.

Oh I agree.  We're going down next season.

1 hour ago, Raging_Robin said:

I don't want my 2nd post on here to be a rant, but come on! I swear you were saying at the beginning of April that you wanted him out.

Nobody wants this club to fail, but even you can see that having Lee in charge of this club isn't working. His signings have mostly been garbage and the fans are clearly split and that is never a good thing. It's got to the point where I believe a vast majority of the fan base will never be behind him, and surely that can't continue? 

So as much as you may bask in glory at us staying up, that isn't the issue for the more intelligent amongst us. There is a far, far bigger picture..... 

Who didn't after that 'performance' at Preston?  Anyhoo...roll on the transfer window.  So many mediocre players to move on, so little time.

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Good question. @BobBobSuperBob seems to get away with aggressive posts that others would see deleted. Not sure why. He also gets very confused and angry at lots of really quite innocuous things. If anything though, I just hope he's ok. Don't like to think of him all upset. 

Agree.  I hope he's ok, bless him.

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

What's the word count on that? Must be over 30 at least. You're learning. 

13 hours ago, JHAGa said:

All the people that wanted LJ to fail wanted the club to fail. If you did not see those posters on this forum or cannot see those that continue to do so, you're either delusional or deliberately opting to ignore it. Fortunately, the minority (which is what they are) just look increasingly bitter as results pick up and the agendas become even more clear. Bit sad that they can't just support their own club because they got upset over a bad run.

you have to admit as bad runs go it was a bit of a marathon.

Delighted we have stayed up, beginning of March i was certain we were doomed.

However, with the money spent and players signed, under a competent manager we would never have been in this position. I can already picture that bloke doing a lap of honour, puching the sky being a proper billy big boy after the Birmingham game as if he has actually achieved something this season.

18 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I was very pissed off after losing at Villa, and wanted everyone to go, but the turnaround has been remarkable and I was wrong. But it seems some cannot man up and admit still, TO THIS DAY OF ALL DAYS. any sort of admission that they might have got it wrong too. I have seen a genuine need for us to lose on here by some so called supporters, but what Lansdown did by not sacking him, whilst all around everyone was being chopped, was a gamble, that paid off. And yet one poster despite a tremendous second half in which we scored three goals, would prefer to remind us of the first half...if that is not sour grapes..what is?  Lee deserves credit for this run as much as he deserved the blame for that bad run, so come on man up you lot and admit you just might have got it wrong.:clapping:

Do you know what a sample size is?

I'm still a doubter. 

When we lost 200 in a row or whatever it was, it was all Johnson's fault for some. By the same token, the turnaround can't all be down to him.

It's human nature to struggle to shake a bad feeling about someone's managerial ability - if he'd won 8 in a row (like D Wilson, however many that was) you wouldn't reasonably expect him to do the same again the following season (Wilson didn't, of course). Yet, with Johnson, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost a load of games in a row again next season, such is his inexperience and tinkering and over-complicating things. I hope we don't.

He can't be called 'experienced' next season. That surely takes 10 years, give or take, in management. I'd be willing to bet - despite his recent keeping the same team and it leading to wins - he'll tinker again next season, esp if we have as large a squad (25 players or so, is it?) And for sure he'll over-complicate things come August: he's got the whole summer to buy new analysis toys, drones, visit the SAS/Michellin Star restaurants etc.

This isn't personal, I have nothing against him as a bloke. 

I also doubt his ability to get this many points out of this squad minus Tammy. Whilst a lot of managers might struggle with that, he has shown an inordinate ability to make players worse (Bryan, Reid, Golbourne) and not get the best out of talent (Tomlin). I can't see that changing in a couple of months.

All in all, I see very little changing next season with him at the helm. I think we'll still lose a lot - unless we can somehow stop conceding so many - and struggle to win as many, unless we strike lucky with a new forward.

I didn't lay 100% of the blame at his door during the winter so am reluctant to heap all the praise on him now, but he has obviously done something right recently. Either mostly on his own, managerially, or in combination with McAllister or Holden. I'm happy to say well done to him for now, I wouldn't take back anything I criticised him for a few months back - that still stands as he has got us out of a mess of his own making - but I still doubt he'll be successful with us, long term. I can see him leaving in a year or 18 months, having failed to "kick on" (from 18th). I'm also not waiting for him to fail. For me, the deeper problem lies at Lansdown's door/the Bristol Sport nonsense.

This post is about where are the doubters. I'm/we're still here. I still doubt him long term but am happy to congratulate him on the part he has played in recent wins.

22 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I got it wrong insofar as I didn't think LJ would keep us up. I've congratulated him after every positive result recently. 

But I still say he's not our man for the future. 

This isn't the end game. LJ has overcome one hurdle. 

And how do you really know he is not the man? You talk of the end game, is that what you really want, him to fail, just to prove a point, all very odd this stance.

I too have & remain a doubter..

To that end I can only observe from an exiled perspective..

What I find with Pro LJ fans is the 'ambition to just escape relegation'..

Like others on here - So many issues remain.. 

- signings 

- knowing his best team

- record defeat

- inconsistamcy

- record run of defeats

- pathetic post match interviews

I hope I am wrong but if we stay up, I see a repeat of this season.. But I suppose one thing is that SL won't let it happen again.. 

"Where are we now, where are now?

The moment you know, you know you know....

20 thousand people, Ashton Gate, fingers are crossed, just in case..........." *

*we should be ok now, though, barring a mighty hammering at Brighton.

23 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Listening to LJ on Radio Bristol post match was the first time I've really heard him admit the mistakes that he has made this season. I believe that he will learn from his mistakes and that next season will see us kick on. Without LJ I don't think we would have seen Tammy at the Gate and I'm confident that he will find the right players for next season. 

TOO positive. You are banned   :laugh:

55 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

She really is just like that teacher you had a crush on isnt she? :laugh:

I'm just confused by the attack the post and not the poster comments when the OP called anyone that disagreed with their views a 'bedwetter'?  They then used the self same argument when they were called a ******* **** whilst obviously on a wind up. 

Aimed at the OP not you Dolls.

Just now, RumRed said:

I'm just confused by the attack the post and not the poster comments when the OP called anyone that disagreed with their views a 'bedwetter'?  They then used the self same argument when they were called a ******* **** whilst obviously on a wind up. 

Aimed at the OP not you Dolls.

I stick with the teacher thing. I'm sure we had one like this and all us boys would try to embarrass her/ chat her up in class  :laugh:   my mind isnt playing tricks I know this happened but Im not prepared to name my old school  in S. Bristol circa 1970s guesses are welcome

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

I stick with the teacher thing. I'm sure we had one like this and all us boys would try to embarrass her/ chat her up in class  :laugh: my mind isnt playing tricks I know this happened but Im not prepared to name my old school  in S. Bristol circa 1970s guesses are welcome

I had a hippy history teacher I had a thing for so I get it!

Archived