IGNORED

Pre- season friendly.

Vincent Vega

Heard rumours that we will be doing a mini-tour in Guernsey, due to Lansdown's connections.

I happened to be on holiday there few years ago when the City U21s played the Guernsey national team. Got stuffed 6-1 or 7-1, can't remember. Lansdown was in attendance and looked a tad embarassed.

Nice little ground, just one big stand, holds about 1-2k, all the locals attend in big numbers. Lots of areas for standing around the pitch.

20 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

This lot certainly enjoyed themselves

walked down to the gate and bumped into 2 o this lots following....with the biggest spliffs you did ever see asking which way to the football ground....great match and even better we got Evander Sno on loan after 

7 minutes ago, cswhitlock said:

walked down to the gate and bumped into 2 o this lots following....with the biggest spliffs you did ever see asking which way to the football ground....great match and even better we got Evander Sno on loan after 

It must have been huge, because Evander Sno joined from AJAX - not even the same country!

23 hours ago, harry may said:

I like preseason friendlies against foreign teams - Ajax, Antwerp , Borrusia Dortmund - it's somebody different. Plus there's always the chance of watching somebody who might in the future become an excellent player. Anybody remember Saurez playing for Ajax ?

Sorry to say a high risk of aggravation if Ajax came to town again (there was last time).

Some tenuous links with RC Antwerp due to the Willem ii connection.

Surely Dortmund wouldn't entertain the likes of City although some less prestigious bundesliga clubs would still offer a high profile event.

I liked cidered abroads suggestion of a twin towns tournament - we are linked to Porto, Bordeaux,Hanover for example.

Just now, Loon plage said:

Sorry to say a high risk of aggravation if Ajax came to town again (there was last time).

Surely Dortmund wouldn't entertain the likes of City although some less prestigious bundesliga clubs would still offer a high profile event.

I liked cidered abroads suggestion of a twin towns tournament - we are linked to Porto, Bordeaux,Hanover for example.

Didn't we play Borrusia Dortmund a few years back though ? I think they spanked us 0-5 - or was that some one else ? Dusseldorf ? We must have links somewhere in Germany , as we've signed a couple of Germans this season , which isn't something we've done before. But I would be happy to play any reasonable foreign team - Porto, Sporting Lisbon or German teams like Eintract Frankfurt, Armenia Bielefeld - anybody other than bl00dy Clevedon, WSM or any of the usual suspects.

34 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Remember we hosted Borussia Monchengladbach back in 98, got stuffed 5-0 

On Wed Apr 26 2017 at 08:32, kivsy said:

Antwerp , I think , Malaga ? With eto was good too

Eto was awesome. Standing ovation from the whole ground when one of his goals went in!!!

One of the only times I've seen a City side lose heavily but still manage to look really good. The gulf between the two sides though.....

Archived