IGNORED

Music at start of 2nd half

Mrdc

5 hours ago, Xiled said:

I like it when First Steps by Elbow (BBC London 2012 Olympics music) was played before the match.  And I'm pretty sure not one other person thought that was a good choice.

I liked it too. Enjoyed hearing it again - happy memories of that great season.

7 hours ago, Xiled said:

I like it when First Steps by Elbow (BBC London 2012 Olympics music) was played before the match.  And I'm pretty sure not one other person thought that was a good choice.

I remember first hearing this on the night Sam baldock signing was announced. With the song as well, i think I got so excited I had to rearrange my trousers.

1 hour ago, boatman said:

I remember first hearing this on the night Sam baldock signing was announced. With the song as well, i think I got so excited I had to rearrange my trousers.

Thats the 3rd/4th positive comment about this track in this thread. I love it, to this day whenever I hear it I get goosebumps and remember the double winning season. But looking back - at the time - many people used to complain about it! 

I remember choosing that song at the start of the season with @Dave L. We chose it for several reasons..... 1) No other club in the country was playing it. 2) The title had significance - the stadium was being developed and we saw it as the "First steps" towards the future of the club. And finally, 3) Its a damn good piece of music that is spine tingling.

Im very tempted to play it again on the last game of the season against Birmingham.....

18 hours ago, Tim S said:

Thats the 3rd/4th positive comment about this track in this thread. I love it, to this day whenever I hear it I get goosebumps and remember the double winning season. But looking back - at the time - many people used to complain about it! 

I remember choosing that song at the start of the season with @Dave L. We chose it for several reasons..... 1) No other club in the country was playing it. 2) The title had significance - the stadium was being developed and we saw it as the "First steps" towards the future of the club. And finally, 3) Its a damn good piece of music that is spine tingling.

Im very tempted to play it again on the last game of the season against Birmingham.....

Mentioned it before but would be nice to hear some Massive attack in the playlist at some point in the build up or HT, would be well received and seems a little bit odd their music isn't played inside AG given their importance to Bristol, as well as being city fans themselves!

Appreciate some of it doesn't suite the 'mood' very well but there's a few which certainly would, this included: 

22 hours ago, boatman said:

Thank you.

its great waking music, allows me to get and not irritate the wife and 6 month baby. Plus it keeps that little bit of Bristol in Swindon.

I really did have to read that twice then, and even now I'm not sure ! :blink:

@Tim S Knights of Cydonia would be my choice too, followed by Elbow First steps but I also liked when we played Galvanise by the Chemical Brothers, that needs a revival

PS, I forgot to request the 'Cheer up Holloway' song for the QPR but if it was you that remembered, well done, I loved singing along ! 

On 28/04/2017 at 00:23, Tim S said:

I would love to hear it again, but it was devisive!

Some of the best days of my life watching the Olympics in 2012, every time it was played at Ashton Gate it took me straight back to that summer. Just the perfect mix of memories and music for me.

But I like the Kick Ass score, the Wurzels, and the fanfare at the start of the first half. Basically anything I link with club works for me!

You'll never keep everyone happy @Tim S so probably best to go with stuff you like!

Archived