IGNORED

PRESTON REFUND

City_USA

So I'm curious as to how many of the away supporters received the refund from the club for the Preston match?

In order to claim the refund the club required you to send them the actual ticket used on the day (Today being the last day to get it to them).

How many of you keep all of your match day tickets and for how long do you keep them?

My ticket is somewhere in England after I left it in a rubbish bin at Heathrow prior to my flight back to the USA. Apparently a copy of my bank statement showing proof of purchase via debit card at Deepdale isn't enough to claim the refund.

All in all, it was a nice gesture by the players/club but in reality just how many refunds were issued?

Not concerned so much about the $ value as of course it cost me way over a grand to go to the match and I never once expected a refund it's just the principal of the matter and IMO an unrealistic requirement to make a claim.

OK rant over, lets see the season out strongly and hopefully I will see some of you next season in the Championship, this time I will keep my ticket as a souvenir, just in case :)

CTID

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Surely any email confirmation they would of sent should of been fine. 

Very poor by the club. 

You would think so, that's was I am curious as to how many actually kept their ticket and sent it to the club. I used to keep ticket stubs to matches and concerts etc as a souvenir....when I was a young teenager, not so much as a 47yr old fart

Just now, cynic said:

All that way at that expense for that result - feel for you mate.

In the absence of a meaningful supporters liason officer, try emailing Mark Kelly rather than dealing with jobsworths.

I hear what you're saying, however for me it's more the principal than the money. A big deal was made out of the refund IMO a spin by the PR, however no statement has been made as to how many were actually issued. I would hazard a guess that I'm not the only one who doesn't save used tickets.

As was stated right from the outset, http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/city-players-to-refund-fans-3660749.aspx, the refund for everyone who purchased through the club was done automatically as we have the transaction recorded on our system.

However, there's always a difficulty with recognising fans who purchase on the day (not just for refund purposes, which we hope isn't needed on a regular basis! but also for loyalty purposes, etc). However, Preston confirmed to us that each and every fan that purchased on the day was handed a ticket.

I know you've in discussions via email with Supporter Services throughout today. As made clear from the outset, we required that ticket as proof of purchase and in total we've had around 180 fans refunded in total (which means more than 50 have sent their tickets in).

I hope that explains the situation.

Adam

The people who run  the Dartford bridge scam (sorry "online payment scheme") tried to fine me £150 for dodging a £2.50 payment. They tried to tell me that my credit card statement was not sufficient evidence of payment so I wrote back and said my solicitor (I don't have one btw) would be arguing very strongly that it was. They came back and said that "on this occasion" they would accept it! :) 

1 minute ago, AdamB said:

As was stated right from the outset, http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/city-players-to-refund-fans-3660749.aspx, the refund for everyone who purchased through the club was done automatically as we have the transaction recorded on our system.

However, there's always a difficulty with recognising fans who purchase on the day (not just for refund purposes, which we hope isn't needed on a regular basis! but also for loyalty purposes, etc). However, Preston confirmed to us that each and every fan that purchased on the day was handed a ticket.

I know you've in discussions via email with Supporter Services throughout today. As made clear from the outset, we required that ticket as proof of purchase and in total we've had around 180 fans refunded in total (which means more than 50 have sent their tickets in).

Adam

It explains it but it doesn't make it ok. The bloke has flown from the U.S to come and watch the game.

Just take his word for it and pay up ffs, what's £25 or whatever to the players or Bristol Sport?

1 minute ago, AdamB said:

Adam

Hi AdamB,

I hear what you are saying, I'm not saying that I wasn't handed a ticket by Preston. I was and then I discarded it after use. My point is your statement saying that " there's always a difficulty with recognizing fans who purchase on the day" is really not that difficult unless it was a cash transaction. Proof of purchase is extremely easy when made via debit/credit card.

Only 180 tickets have been refunded , which in my estimation is less than half of us fans who were there IMO not a great percentage.

I accept your explanation and will not pursue this any further with the club, nor do I expect a refund, however I am still interested in other fans opinions hence the platform that OTIB provides, I hope that's OK with BS.

Thank you again for your reply.

There should definitely be a refund here. As far as I'm aware, it's not mentioned on any T&Cs that tickets should be retained for any reason, so why should a supporter keep hold of their ticket?

The refund wasn't announced until a day or so later, it's not unreasonable for a supporter to have disposed of their ticket by then - a ticket for a drubbing at Preston away is unlikely to make it into any souvenir collection anyway. 

This fan has provided proof of purchase through the bank statement and I'm sure 99% of people on here would agree that it's enough.

This could well be a case where @AdamB is in a difficult position as FLO and an employee of the club, but to me the response read as being very blunt and definitely on the club's side. Is there any particular reason for not accepting the bank statement as proof of purchase? What harm could it do?

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

Bloke should be refunded.

No question.

Of course he should. It would be a pretty elaborate scam for the sake of 25 effing quid wouldn't it.

@AdamB we know what you've said about having the ticket, but how about having a bit of common sense rather than trotting out the corporate line and paying up? You only need to look back through his posts on here to see he was there.

Think of the horror he witnessed at Deepdale!

19 minutes ago, AdamB said:

Adam

Adam , with all due respect have a word with yourself . There's towing the party line and there's towing the party line . If the gesture was a genuine , heartfelt gesture from the club rather than a PR stunt , the bank statement evidence would be more than enough . Do we all keep our bus/train/cinema tickets afterwards ? Of course not . USA has eloquently and politely stated his case and deserves to be treated fairly . His proof of purchase is unquestionable . Come on Adam , treat him fairly ! 

I used to work as a Customer Services advisor for an electrical retailer. 

Many times we had people turn up with a faulty kettle for example without a receipt but they had paid by card. A bank statement confirmed this. A quick scan of the receipts issued for that item on that specific day and that specific store, lo and behold, a replacement receipt was provided.

Have you tried contacting PNE and asking for a copy of the receipt? Your card details should still be on their database.

CITY_USA,

I've followed this up with a number of individuals. I'm pleased to say that we will be fulfilling the refund.

The member of our Supporter Services team you've been dealing with today will contact you direct to request bank details for the refund.

Kind regards,
Adam

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

There should definitely be a refund here. As far as I'm aware, it's not mentioned on any T&Cs that tickets should be retained for any reason, so why should a supporter keep hold of their ticket?

The refund wasn't announced until a day or so later, it's not unreasonable for a supporter to have disposed of their ticket by then - a ticket for a drubbing at Preston away is unlikely to make it into any souvenir collection anyway. 

This fan has provided proof of purchase through the bank statement and I'm sure 99% of people on here would agree that it's enough.

This could well be a case where @AdamB is in a difficult position as FLO and an employee of the club, but to me the response read as being very blunt and definitely on the club's side. Is there any particular reason for not accepting the bank statement as proof of purchase? What harm could it do?

Again, I'm not here for the money. I was interested in learning how many of us that were there received the refund.

@AdamB and Jodie at the office gave me the answer. Around 150, less than 50% of the supporters !

In my opinion that % is very low and there are 160 or so of us that either didn't save their ticket or send it to the club. It's nice to know I am in the majority!

Any how, we all go again. Bristol City has, and always be will be my team. I will stand and support, in person when possible, online when not, the players on the pitch even if things behind the scenes don't make much common sense.

COYR!

Just now, AdamB said:

CITY_USA,

I've followed this up with a number of individuals. I'm pleased to say that we will be fulfilling the refund.

The member of our Supporter Services team you've been dealing with today will contact you direct to request bank details for the refund.

Kind regards,
Adam

Good work Adam.

Treat yourself to a beer @City_USA!

4 minutes ago, AdamB said:

CITY_USA,

Kind regards,
Adam

Well done @AdamB, got the right result in the end.

8 minutes ago, AdamB said:

CITY_USA,

Kind regards,
Adam

Well done correct decision. :clap:

42 minutes ago, AdamB said:

Adam

Complete Nonsense.

Archived