IGNORED

Tammy Voted Best Chelsea Loanee

Tangle Foot

Tammy and Chelsea owe us a huge debt of gratitude for the way we have developed him - he was a good prospect when he arrived - he is now a good player.

Of course Tammy deserves enormous credit himself - his attitude and willingness to learn is an example to many other players not fulfilling their talent.

But if we do not now get a steady production line of talent loaned in from Chelsea then there is something wrong as we have proven without a doubt we can develop their young attributes.

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

Tammy and Chelsea owe us a huge debt of gratitude for the way we have developed him - he was a good prospect when he arrived - he is now a good player.

Of course Tammy deserves enormous credit himself - his attitude and willingness to learn is an example to many other players not fulfilling their talent.

But if we do not now get a steady production line of talent loaned in from Chelsea then there is something wrong as we have proven without a doubt we can develop their young attributes.

I suppose it depends on how we sold ourselves to Chelsea to get him in the first place. If we led them to believe we could be pushing towards the top end of the table this year, and he was the missing piece to push us that bit higher, then i guess next year they are less likely to believe our pitch for the next starlet. 

Whoever did the sales pitch should already be working on the next recruitment - hopefully they are!

It is great to have academy players coming through as well but my guess is that having someone like Tammy around the club and training ground must be a real positive benefit for most of the players (specially the younger ones), the staff as well as us fans. A few people on here were questioning Lj and M.Ashton a couple of months back but that's another complaint consigned to history now. The future starts tomorrow! 

Just now, Dingbat said:

I suppose it depends on how we sold ourselves to Chelsea to get him in the first place. If we led them to believe we could be pushing towards the top end of the table this year, and he was the missing piece to push us that bit higher, then i guess next year they are less likely to believe our pitch for the next starlet. 

Irrelevant. Do you really think Chelsea would care now whatever the pitch was?

We took a raw talent goal machine who was bullied by defenders for the first few weeks and turned him into a rounded goal machine who can out muscle bigger players, hold the ball up or spin off and run at the defence.

He is simply a better player. In his time here we changed from a regular for the England under 19s to a regular for the under 21s and that is a big step up in class - we helped tremendously with bridging that gap.

Maybe there was a pitch that has not come to fruition but Chelsea will see the change in their asset and be highly impressed to the extent I would hope the hard pitch sell will not be needed - more a chat around strengths and weaknesses and what is needed for the particular player

Just now, Chris_Brown said:

Its disgusting that Chelsea are hoarding enough players for anyone to even question who is the best of their loanees. 37 players out on loan. The world's gone mad. 

Some Italian clubs loan up to 70 and beyond players, yet have about 15 subs on a match day

25 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Its disgusting that Chelsea are hoarding enough players for anyone to even question who is the best of their loanees. 37 players out on loan. The world's gone mad. 

37 is bigger than most club's entire squad .

I don't want us to become a nursery club for anyone else . 

I acknowledge  Tammy's talent is rare but globally we should be bringing in and developing our own players. 

Are Premiership youngsters or squad players really that good that   we can't find an equivalent for ourselves ? 

The trick is to get them before those other clubs do . We need to be at the top of our game.

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I acknowledge  Tammy's talent is rare but globally we should be bringing in and developing our own players. 

Are Premiership youngsters or squad players really that good that   we can't find an equivalent for ourselves ? 

The trick is to get them before those other clubs do . We need to be at the top of our game.

I agree we should be looking to have a more consistent route into the first team.

The worry is that if we find and develop a talented player, then the bigger clubs will posh them. It even happens at premier league level, weren't Liverpool punished for taking a young lad from Stoke?

I think it's something that has to be looked at, for me once a lad joins a youth set up he's there until 16/17 or 18 and the club that's developed him, has the choice to offer professional terms, if the clubs declines then the player is free to move to another club. But it won't happen and the bigger clubs will continue to poach the best youngsters

I'm sure once his career is done he'll look back at this season as a key one for him.

His improvement over the season is something I've only seen over 2 or 3 seasons in other players. I remember Cardiff away and Bamba pretty much had him in his pocket. Compare that to his clash with Onhua recently and whilst Onhua probably had the edge on the day, Tammy was never 'owned' by the defender and gave as good as he got and still caused problems.

On one hand, Tammy has been fantastic for us, and scoring this many goals in your first year of professional football says it all really. He'll be in the Premier League next season, either for Chelsea or on loan to a promoted side.

On the other, the fact that we were nearly relegated, despite having a 20+ goal forward in our side shows how shit we've been this season. We need our other players to step up next season.

Just now, EnderMB said:

On one hand, Tammy has been fantastic for us, and scoring this many goals in your first year of professional football says it all really. He'll be in the Premier League next season, either for Chelsea or on loan to a promoted side.

On the other, the fact that we were nearly relegated, despite having a 20+ goal forward in our side shows how shit we've been this season. We need our other players to step up next season.

:clap:

Maybe we can get another loan player from them next season.

That Kante fella looks quite good, but he's not a patch on Super Korey

It is terrifying just how many good players Chelsea have out on loan to other clubs. I expect them to be a real force in world football over the next 2-3 years and beyond.

5 hours ago, Tiree said:

It's a great story and further evidence of how the staff at Ashton Gate can take a bow for the coaching and development of many players this season

If anything, I suspect Tammy's porbably taught them a thing or two! 

5 hours ago, Tiree said:

It's a great story and further evidence of how the staff at Ashton Gate can take a bow for the coaching and development of many players this season

You love a good wind up don't you?! So, can you list the 'many' players who have been developed this season by the 'staff'? Doubt you'll reply though....

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Then , if they are that good they get taken by a Club with a Cat1 Academy Major

11 hours ago, Dingbat said:

I doubt Chelsea care where we are in the table, what matters to them is that Tammy has played lots of so called 'men's football', scored lots of goals, gained confidence and developed his game. 

I agree, I don't want us to become a nursery club for anyone else but there are fine lines (sorry about the LJ speak) between being a nursery club and using clubs like Chelsea to our advantage.  Chelsea must be pleased with how we have developed Tammy (well apart from the driving incident) end of.

If LJ & MA made such a good impression and have the ear of Chelsea then I see nothing wrong with maintaining this and developing links with a few others who surely must have taken note.  Yes we still need to bring in the likes of McCoulsky, no question, and we do not want a team of loanees but the right little starlets in a couple of positions could make all the difference.  The loan player's character is also very important, clearly LJ took time to assess this in Tammy, a young "big I am" from Chelsea or somewhere else would be disastrous, something one could never accuse Tammy of being.

To be fair we don't have a great record of developing players, at least not our own! Bryan has been slated a lot this season, Bolasie never developed here and went on to be a Prem player thanks to Palace, Hörður looks better than both our current center backs yet we're not giving him playing time, Ayling got shipped out when he showed signs of potential, now he's first choice in a team fighting for a play off spot to the Prem etc

I know a lot of people will disagree but we've had so many players who have gone on to become twice the player they were with us, Tammy is an extremely talented player, he was before he came here and all we've done is give him games to show it and that only happened because we lost our best striker and Tammy hit the ground running. 

The only consistent I've seen from us when it comes to developing players is churning out players who rarely get a start with us or end up playing at a lower level, we're yet to develop a Championship player as Bryan in my eyes is League One at best.

On 28/04/2017 at 08:50, Dingbat said:

I guess all Chelsea were mostly interested in was Championship game time,which in itself regardless of the coaching 'skills' of the BCFC 'staff is a great classroom/toughening up environment.

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

I guess all Chelsea were mostly interested in was Championship game time,which in itself regardless of the coaching 'skills' of the BCFC 'staff is a great classroom/toughening up environment.

I suppose so. Although Chelsea recalled Izzy Brown from Rotherham and then immediately loaned him back out to Huddersfield this season, so Chelsea obviously factor in more than just game time in some circumstances.

Thankfully there was no recall clause in Tammy's loan, or we may have been on the end of the same treatment as Rotherham were?

Archived