IGNORED

Time to Eat

BobBobSuperBob

57 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ditto.

The start of next season will be the clincher. I'm happy today, but this season should not have been the struggle it turned out to be. No way should we still have been nervous as late as this.

HOWEVER, I'll have a slice of said pie too, as I didn't think we could pull ourselves out of the tailspin we were in, and I'll give Johnson credit for keeping focused, learning lessons and dealing with the unbelievable stress you must get when the crowd is baying for your blood.

Yep learning lessons is right, or not (over) tinkering every game as it could otherwise be called. Or even less McCinnes more Cotterill?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well , I thought we were doomed from Xmas up to Huddersfield and then after Preston

So glad I was wrong

Well done LJ and those players who proved trustworthy :clap:

Ive just had a big slice 

Anyone care to join me and partake in celebration ?

IMG_1034.JPG

A slice heading my way please Bob. Like you, I'll hold my hands up and admit, surprisingly, he's done what I didn't think he could do.

Well done LJ.

Well , I thought we were doomed from Xmas up to Huddersfield and then after Preston

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

Top Man!

Opinions will no doubt change again during the course of next season, but this statement is so supportive of the club and made by a proper fan.

COYR  

Wanted him out since January but, I'm not too pig headed to recognise that was some turnaround from where we were. So I'll join you eating a large slice of that with you Bob.

As others have said, what happened in the middle part of the season will probably remain locked away deep in the filing cabinet and never be aired publically but it was a disgrace. Thankfully he has managed to correctly organise and pick consistently since then and to his, the staff and the players credit have looked like they deserve to be in this league.

58 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Some of you have no class, on a day like this too, still bitter and wanting us to lose/ go down just to prove a point that btw has no merit at all. It's football, things happen, we had a bad run, the team have just won four from five and drew the other. Get a grip. 

Point me to ONE SINGLE POST where it states the poster hopes they lose and we go down. Stop being so bloody childish!! It is possible to be happy that we have stayed up, so I'll take a slice of the pie, but still have reservations on whether our Manager is the man to take us forward. There is still work to be done from him to win many of the fans back and that is fair enough in my book. If he does win the fans over then that is great news for us supporters as it means that we will be winning plenty of games next season.

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

Does it taste like chicken?

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

Well said Bob

Save me a slice 

I was certainly in the 'LJ must go or we will go down' camp.

There may be, what a handful, of fans that actually wanted LJ to fail. Never hated any manager as a person (well, Pulis maybe), but I wanted him gone not because I wanted him to fail, but because he was failing. We were awful, changing the line up every week, and his signings seem to have been throwing money down the drain.

It is all about results however. In hindsight SL got this one right, and that took some balls. It would have taken a lot of the heat off himself if he had changed the manager.

I am very happy with a mid table Championship side. For most of my years following City that has been in the top end of where we have been. LJ has been lucky to have had the financial support he has had, very lucky Tammy worked out so well, and very very lucky not be sacked after our worst run ever. 

I really hope we can be that mid table Championship side next season. LJ has earned the right to have a go now. That scar tissue is still there however, and if we get off to a bad start, he will have little goodwill to fall back on to. I hope any manager of our team succeeds, including Lee. Fingers crossed!

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

Humble pie over what?

I really think we all need to calm down. I to am RELIEVED, but one swallow a summer does not make.

On to next season, clean slate, positive attitude, but this season is what is. Poor.

Just now, 054123 said:

Humble pie over what?

I really think we all need to calm down. I to am RELIEVED, but one swallow a summer does not make.

On to next season, clean slate, positive attitude, but this season is what is. Poor.

My humble pie is as I've stated I thought we were doomed and I didn't see us pulling it around with LJ in charge 

It has been a poor season overall but weve finished with PO form andget a chance to start again come August

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

I wanted Johnson out. That slice of pie gladly taken. But under no means should we perform like we did mid season again. If we do I know what I'll be saying.. 

But I won't because we have a top 6 side yeah! 

Humble pie for the fact i was sure we were doomed.

However, with the money and quality of this team we should never have been in this position. I honestly believe this time next year we will be talking about how Tammy and Rashford could compliment each other in Russia........yet the best we could do with him is barely survive. Its going to take a lot for me to believe LJ will take us forward.

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

Pulling up a chair as we speak .

23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

New one on me have to confess !!

Must be a 1930s / 40s expression :whistle:

;)

Quite well known in my mind - usually associated with eating snake.

As for your OP - well done, because you have been vociferous against LJ and anybody who wanted him to stay.

I was one, but certainly not without huge doubts. I simply felt clubs are just too impatient in general now, and that it might turn round, in view of the good runs we had at the end of last season and the beginning of this. And it has turned round, but this is not a "told you so" post; I was never confident.

Nevertheless, I remain pretty disgusted by the insults aimed at LJ and even SL because of the mid season disaster. Football fans are so fickle. They can never take the long view about their own club, even if they can about others. I expect some of our most impatient fans criticise Arsenal fans for wanting to dump Wenger.

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Quite well known in my mind - usually associated with eating snake.

As for your OP - well done, because you have been vociferous against LJ and anybody who wanted him to stay.

I was one, but certainly not without huge doubts. I simply felt clubs are just too impatient in general now, and that it might turn round, in view of the good runs we had at the end of last season and the beginning of this. And it has turned round, but this is not a "told you so" post; I was never confident.

Nevertheless, I remain pretty disgusted by the insults aimed at LJ and even SL because of the mid season disaster. Football fans are so fickle. They can never take the long view about their own club, even if they can about others. I expect some of our most impatient fans criticise Arsenal fans for wanting to dump Wenger.

I was vocal mainly because few had a reason why they thought he could turn it around and as I've said I couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel 

I still don't know what changed post Preston - so many possibilities - some obvious helps in 4-4-2 and consistent picks but what I have become convinced about recently is that there is a whole story or stories behind our season , some we may never get to know

Thats made me hold my concerns about LJ (And there have been some glaring Ines IMHO whatever else was happening) as it's difficult to work out what's gone on in lots of areas incl recruitment

Sticking my neck out I'd suggest one of the thorns in our side this season has been

Lee Tomlin

It's always difficult to see a swing in momentum coming - yet it so often does. I think the whole confidence thing is underrated. Ultimately I think it's more important than strategy or formations, yet can be down to lucky results. This is why football is so unpredictable. 

I'll have a slice. Things looked very bad after the defeat at Preston and I feared we would collapse, but what a great run of results since then. After what has been an often torrid season I couldn't feel happier after tonight's result. Really looking forward to next week's game.

I've not been as vociferously anti-Johnson as some and certainly couldn't be doing with the smug gloating and accusations of "happy clapping" against anyone daring to try and be positive from certain quarters during the darkest days, but have thought at several points this season that his time was up and after Preston was convinced that the only way we'd stay up was to get rid. 

He deserves a lot of credit for the turnaround since that point along with the players, whilst at the same time acknowledging that to be in that position was unacceptable. Certainly when you see performances like today's you have to question how on earth we were ever in danger of going down. 

He'll be here for the start of next season, but should be under no illusions that he'll be under pressure from the fans straight away, and that we have to progress. That doesn't mean we have to challenge for the playoffs or anything, but a comfortable midtable finish with no relegation scare and seeing some of the younger members of the squad start to really kick on has to be the minimum requirement. 

As I kept on arguing on here, I would have been worried if we were getting hammered in the bad run, but we were always in games, so I knew if we sorted out the midfield by not playing brownhill as a box to box midfielder(he was defensively found wanting) we could turn it around. Unfortunately it took LJ to play every holding player with him before he worked this out. 

Thank god he eventually worked it out and played O'Neil and pack and then smith and pack together. 

A slice for me as I thought we were for the drop, had a great time in Brighton today and we actually looked good, far better than at bloody Brentford anyway.

However, I'll take the rest home in a doggy bag as I am not ready to eat the whole pie quite yet.  

Would have been nice to be safe before the penultimate game of the season, and the fact we weren't is a tad embarrassing.

Archived