IGNORED

Wurzels at Ashton Gate - Sunday 7th May

RedM

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Wurzels to headline a Family festival event next Sunday after the match

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wurzels-to-headline-family-festival-on-final-day-3699729.aspx

I like this programme, they say 2nd half starts at 1 pm and final whistle at 2 pm, so we play 1 hour in the second half, is that to allow Brum more chances of winning? Also they say that the Wurzels will play for 1 hour and the programme says Wurzels play at 3.15 pm and end at 4 pm.   What time are they working to, or is this why we can't always play for 90 minutes, if the club can't get the times right, how do they expect the players to?   Shame I can't make it as I will be in Germany, hope everyone has a good time and we hammer Brum!

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

So the Wurzels will play for an hour. Starting at 3.15pm and finishing at 4pm.

Now, I'm no Timelord but....

Apologies I initially had them down for 45 minutes but it will be an hour. Just hadn't updated the running order. 

*all timings subject to change anyway!

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I like this programme, they say 2nd half starts at 1 pm and final whistle at 2 pm, so we play 1 hour in the second half, is that to allow Brum more chances of winning? Also they say that the Wurzels will play for 1 hour and the programme says Wurzels play at 3.15 pm and end at 4 pm.   What time are they working to, or is this why we can't always play for 90 minutes, if the club can't get the times right, how do they expect the players to?   Shame I can't make it as I will be in Germany, hope everyone has a good time and we hammer Brum!

What is a screwdriver in Birmingham?  It's a hammer of course! My Dad told me so.

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Should children be allowed to watch the Wurzels?

Whoever not? Worried about swearing or them drinking, well I can't understand a word they say after they've had a few anyway but they are great fun. A nice end to the season. 

1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Nice to see that David Lloyd is handing the gongs out.

Thanks. I'm not actually handing them out though, just doing the introductions. I was really chuffed to be asked back to do this by the SC&T

7 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Thanks. I'm not actually handing them out though, just doing the introductions. I was really chuffed to be asked back to do this by the SC&T

@Dave L I think I remember seeing you wheeling your bike out of the press office after a game near the start of the season. I just wondered, have you got to many games this year, or have you managed to find other things to do when we're at home? (Like most of us wish we had for about 6 months of it!)

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Whoever not? Worried about swearing or them drinking, well I can't understand a word they say after they've had a few anyway but they are great fun. A nice end to the season. 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes! I remember them being on TOTPs, when I was a child 

20 minutes ago, Super said:

Yep. Give em cider as well.

I'm afraid this was wasted on you

14 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

@Dave L I think I remember seeing you wheeling your bike out of the press office after a game near the start of the season. I just wondered, have you got to many games this year, or have you managed to find other things to do when we're at home? (Like most of us wish we had for about 6 months of it!)

I have a season ticket in S18 so I've been a regular this season. 

Am I the only one who finds City's association with the Wurzels cringingly embarrassing?     Bristol is such a great place for music and we have to put up with "I've got a brand new combine harvester".  They make us look like a bunch of grass chomping sheep sha@ggers

Just now, 1953 said:

Calling this some kind of celebration is like going to a Michelin starred restaurant and finding out someone has pissed in the soup.

I see it as more of a release, or relief at staying up. Yes, we've had a bad season but let's enjoy at least, maintaining SBC status for another year. It's only for an hour or so…

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Icomplimentaryas more of a release, or relief  at staying up. Yes, we've had a bad season but let's enjoy at least, maintaining SBC status for another year. It's only for an hour or so…

A better gesture would have been a complimentary beer. This is like dressing Harold Shipman as Father Christmas for a party at an old folks home.

Archived