IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

9 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I can confirm the first six rows of w1 will not be placed up for sale by the club.

it is correct a number of away fans have had tickets cancelled and refunds so we are all hoping the majority have been found that brought in home areas. 

Are you in a position to say the club are very close to a "SELL OUT" irrespective of the six rows not being sold?

6 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Are you in a position to say the club are very close to a "SELL OUT" irrespective of the six rows not being sold?

Not down to me unfortunately, we  just get updates from the safety officer. We are not aware as to how close we are until we get updated the same as everyone else

As a City fan in exile I've often been obliged to go in with the home supporters as I couldn't get pay on the day in the Away End with my fellow Reds .

It mostly goes without incident. 

Often the people around you realise that you are not ' One of theirs ' but if you are friendly  and open you can enjoy the match and share the moment with the home supporters.

I've even been protected by Watford fans against a couple of their nutters ! 

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As a City fan in exile I've often been obliged to go in with the home supporters as I couldn't get pay on the day in the Away End with my fellow Reds .

It mostly goes without incident. 

Often the people around you realise that you are not ' One of theirs ' but if you are friendly  and open you can enjoy the match and share the moment with the home supporters.

I've even been protected by Watford fans against a couple of their nutters ! 

Quite Major-if you carry yourself well all's good with the world.

Not sure I would try it at Millwall mind!...

Obviously a number of tickets will have been kept back for dignitaries, schoolkids, WAGs, transfer targets etc but according to the Bristol Sport web site there are now only 136 tickets left for sale.

On that basis, Sunday's attendance will be at least 26,864 ;)

Whatever happens, it's going to be a memorable occasion.  Based on big games against Rovers (many, many years ago) I wouldn't have been surprised to hear the words "delayed kick-off".  But it's probably stipulated that all final Championship games start at midday on the dot.

I'll be setting off about 3:00am for my 9 mile journey.  Better safe than sorry.

I had a Forest fan sat next to me a couple of years back.

I could tell he was trying really hard not to show any sign of excitement, and he was doing quite well.

Then the test.....Forest scored!  I felt a jolt next to me, but he kept it to himself, and just sat there, wiping the smile from his face and sat there pretending to be glum like the rest of us.

I leaned towards him and said quietly...well done!

He looked at me shocked that he had been sussed. But we had a little chat and everything was fine. He relaxed a bit and enjoyed the game more, we talked about the game, and it was interesting to hear the views of an opponent. He wasn't vocal in his support, having probably been pre-warned, but he didn't jump up and cheer when City scored (bit too much to ask really).

The people around me are regulars, so as he was keeping quiet there weren't going to be any problems. Turned out to be an enjoyable game.

It can work, but it would only take one bad apple to spoil it.

45 minutes ago, 42nite said:

I could tell he was trying really hard not to show any sign of excitement, and he was doing quite well.

I watched City play at Forest in 1992.  Could only get a ticket in with the home fans at the Trent End.

"Thankfully" City lost the game so I didn't have to stifle any celebration.  I did have to applaud all four of their goals to keep up the pretence of being a Forest supporter.  It felt strange but better than getting my head kicked in.

58 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Then the test.....Forest scored!  I felt a jolt next to me, but he kept it to himself, and just sat there, wiping the smile from his face and sat there pretending to be glum like the rest of us.

I leaned towards him and said quietly...well done!

He looked at me shocked that he had been sussed. But we had a little chat and everything was fine. He relaxed a bit and enjoyed the game more, we talked about the game, and it was interesting to hear the views of an opponent. He wasn't vocal in his support, having probably been pre-warned, but he didn't jump up and cheer when City scored (bit too much to ask really).

The people around me are regulars, so as he was keeping quiet there weren't going to be any problems. Turned out to be an enjoyable game.

It can work, but it would only take one bad apple to spoil it.

I watched City vs Leeds a few years back (Lost 3-0 and both James Wilson and Bolasie got red cards - what is he doing now, by the way? Is he still at Everton and injured?), when the Leeds mob were causing their usual problems in what was then the East End. We had a few Leeds fans next to us in what was then the Williams stand, and they wore their shirts/scarves and cheered their goals - no problems whatsoever, but they were 'normal' supporters. We had a number of sensible conversations about our our respective teams - they had both Snodgrass and McCormack playing for them together with Fabian Delph, who I believe was on loan from Villa at the time - and I think it is a shame City are banning such 'sensible' supporters from a match which, from Birmingham's position, is probably their most important of the season.

On 2017-5-1 at 18:42, E.G.Red said:

If you read the Birmingham forum it would appear a number have bought tickets in the home end.

Interesting that additional trains are going to be put on from WSM to Parson Street @9.08 and 10.52 to cater for those fans who have travelled down the night before.

Do people from Birmingham know what the Wurzels are?

Should they be warned?

tfj

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Quite Major-if you carry yourself well all's good with the world.

Not sure I would try it at Millwall mind!...

For a night match at the old Den years ago, my friend Simon and I decided it would be safer to stand in the home terrace.

We just about managed to restrain ourselves when Wayne Allison scored but were inwardly smirking of course. We did not trust ourselves to speak to each other until about half an hour after the match when we had reached the relative safety of Waterloo station.

The best way to blend in at MFC appeared to be to shake your fist at every refereeing decision and call the linesman a caahnt at regular intervals.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

A lot of them have had there tickets stopped. Won't be that many in there . Spoke to someone who would know this

2 hours ago, gordie said:

Just shows that marketed right the demand is there, iwould like to think if we are successful in the years to come we will re-segregate the Atyeo and give the minimum required to away supporters and more City can watch( long way off that stage yet !!!)

I'm still very suspicious that a lot of these sales are Birmingham fans.  I know the club are cross referencing addresses etc. but there are ways around that.  It just strikes me as a bit odd that there has been an ongoing and steady stream of sales for a game, even after it became known that this was a fairly meaningless fixture for us.  I don't think the cut price ticket alone explains this - we didn't get anywhere near a sell out for the Blackburn game which had more riding on it.  I think there might also be a slight snowball effect from the growing attendance as people want to be there with a big crowd.  But I'm in the upper Lansdown and I'm fully expecting an awful lot of people around me to be sitting on their hands.  Atmosphere will be interesting up there!

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm still very suspicious that a lot of these sales are Birmingham fans.  I know the club are cross referencing addresses etc. but there are ways around that.  It just strikes me as a bit odd that there has been an ongoing and steady stream of sales for a game, even after it became known that this was a fairly meaningless fixture for us.  I don't think the cut price ticket alone explains this - we didn't get anywhere near a sell out for the Blackburn game which had more riding on it.  I think there might also be a slight snowball effect from the growing attendance as people want to be there with a big crowd.  But I'm in the upper Lansdown and I'm fully expecting an awful lot of people around me to be sitting on their hands.  Atmosphere will be interesting up there!

Yep I fully agree. Having a quick look at their threads seems like more purchases are still happening.

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2220345

Seems like they seem to think their might be a bit of party on the pitch as well

Don't mind them sitting quietly in the stands but that could get a bit messy!

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2220339

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep it's very possible. I spoke to someone who works at the gate. Said recalled quite a few and are still currently doing that . Quite a lot of Birmingham have been trying for tickets. But as u say there are ways and people will get tickets. Will be interesting 

From their forum

bluemike

'My friend from Bristol, has reminded me that the bristol 10k is taking place on Sunday. 

He advises coming off junction 19 from the M5 and should be a straight run. 

He also said a recent Twitter poll showed that 72% of Bristol fans indicated that they hope we go down.:D'

Des

'Jcnt 19? I was going to go M5 M4 M32, hopefully that will be clear'

That's It Des - ignore some good advice - you'll be fine !!!!  :whistle:  :doh:

Ill give it 2/5 that your Maestro overheats in the  M32 queues :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Would be nice if a certain Jasper Carrott could make a guest appearance with the lads

He's just had to postpone two shows at Weston Playhouse due to a fall injury .....( tripped over a bloody molehill in his garden  I heard :rolleyes: ) .... so might not make the game at all.

16 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

He's just had to postpone two shows at Weston Playhouse due to a fall injury .....( tripped over a bloody molehill in his garden  I heard :rolleyes: ) .... so might not make the game at all.

He's obviously stopped flattening them with his shotgun.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Or laughing at their fake Bristolian accent.i am up there also so we could have a bit of fun asking the time etc...

4 hours ago, harry may said:

I managed to get 4 tickets at 0900 this morning. I have a South Wales address and it's fair to say the ticket office asked me a million and one questions despite having purchased tickets before. The club are being very diligent..

I doubt that was anything to do with security. I expect they were just incredulous that you had a South Wales address. :thumbsup:

Archived