IGNORED

Best opposition player this season?

Judda

Sessegnon and Cairney had stellar games at the gate. Jonjo ran the show especially second half at St James Park. Helder Costa was superb Wolves away. Onuha for QPR kept that game close. Sackho caused trouble most of the Leeds game at the Gate. Grealish has a really good first half at Gate and Hogan got in behind our defense a good 4-5 times. 

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

I liked Ryan Woods from Brentford.  Bear in mind I've only made 6 games this season - but I also saw him play in Brentford v Sheff Wed.  Thought he ran the midfield in both matches.  Class act for a 23 year old.

One we missed - was at Shrewsbury under Mickey Mellon and many on here saying we should have been in for him

59 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

One we missed - was at Shrewsbury under Mickey Mellon and many on here saying we should have been in for him

Ah, but it's all about the DNA.

Just ask Matthews, he's got it.  (But don't get him started on counties).

18 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

True I misread. But players I have seen play in general on TV. Him against Leeds was wicked.

Its funny how the Brighton player got player of the season when every time i seem him play he did nothing of note.

I thought the same about Deli Alli at MK Dons in our promotion season!

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Grealish for Villa at the gate.  Another fantastic talent, but with baggage ? Have we heard that before :shifty:

Would have said the same. Grealish.

Can't remember if he played against us for Florist but Ben Brereton. Nuts how good he is that kid.

Also (tin hat on...) Luke Ayling...

14 hours ago, 42nite said:

Funniest was that Villa player completely losing it, about a burst ball?  The bloke went nuts, got himself booked I think, and as it was all just on half time (lucky for him as he wasn't going to calm down) he got himself subbed.  

So I can only imagine he must have carried on in the dressing room.  

I think the Gate crowd helped things along the way as well. :thumbsup:

Wasn't that Pontus Johnson from Leeds 

10 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Adam Matthews. Always plays a blinder for the oppo...

I admit for personnel reasons I have not seen as many games as usual but I can't remember anyone going past Matthews so he must be a solid right back.

Thought Irvine looked good at Burton. Can't remember him much at our place? 

Sidwell (Even taking his goal out) was superb at our place. 

Favourite player at other clubs is Hughes though, although he doesn't tend to play/gphave good games against us!! 

3 individual performances stand out for me, all away from home. 

Ryan Kent tore Matthews a new one at their place, admittedly not that difficult to do this season. 

Away at Newcastle the left winger Atsu was a constant threat

The best performance I've seen against us this season was by Sol Bamba at Cardiff, just an extraordinary performance on his debut unfortunately.  

Archived